Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I can't believe this

This is a discussion on I can't believe this within the Suggestions, Comments and Feedback forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; salamu 'alaykum, This sub-forum says: S uggestions, Comments and Feedback Please submit your suggestions, comments and feedback pertaining to site/forums ...

Default I can't believe this

salamu 'alaykum,

This sub-forum says:

Suggestions, Comments and Feedback Please submit your suggestions, comments and feedback pertaining to site/forums improvement.
    Ok, look at this, please:

866 users online. That's not bad. But what are they doing?

Why are only 5 browsing the prisoners' section?

Why is that? Can't you for one day block/close all the sub-forums and only leave the prisoners' section open?
    Can you?
    Will you please?

Ramadan is coming up. You know what 866 ad'iya will do for the prisoners? You know what 866 letters will do for our imprisoned brothers and sisters? Do you?

Brothers and sisters, barakAllahu feekum.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Umm Yassin For This Useful Post:
    'Umar (22nd July 2011), 3bdul-3zeem (30th July 2011), Abu 'Abd Al-Rahman (22nd July 2011), abu hafs (29th July 2011), Abu Osaama (22nd July 2011), Abu'l 'Eyse (21st July 2011), abubakr007 (21st July 2011), abu~Adil as somali (22nd July 2011), ad-Duha (22nd July 2011), ahmad10 (23rd July 2011), al-suyuufi (22nd July 2011), as-Sabiraat (21st July 2011), Fajr (21st July 2011), learn arabic (28th July 2011), Noor Hamza (22nd July 2011), Nusaybah (22nd July 2011), Scented Blood (22nd July 2011)

Rep-manz

Default Re: I can't believe this

Subhanullah jazakAllahu khairan sister this is an importan reminder subhanullah may we not forget our brothers and sisters Ameen!

(Btw could I just ask what software that is your using to make the posts like that? jzk)
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

قال إبن عمر: "ولا يكن في قولك فضل على فعلك" ,أخرج البيهقي: شعب الإيمان وابن حجر العسقلاني: الإصابة في تمييز الصحابة

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Justice for those who are oppressed!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu'l 'Eyse For This Useful Post:
    Umm Yassin (21st July 2011)

Sad indeed. May Allah forgive us for our shortcomings. I think everyone should pick at least one campaign in the Prisoner's section and contribute to it, even a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Yassin
    866 users online. That's not bad.
    Not bad at all, almost broke our standing record of 971! Actually, I was more surprised that the Poetry section had almost double the views than that of the Politics section! Maybe our audience is softening down a touch
    وَآخِرُ دَعْوَاهُمْ أَنِ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
    "... And the last of their call will be, "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds." [10:10]

Imam Malik (rh): “Do not look to the sins of people as if you are Lords, but look to your own sins as if you are slaves. Have mercy on the people of affliction and praise Allah for your well-being, and never say, ‘This person is from the people of Hellfire, and this person is from the people of Paradise.’ Do not be arrogant over the sinners, but rather ask Allah to grant them hidayah and rashad (i.e. guidance).”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fajr For This Useful Post:

That looks like some sort of glitch, I doubt those figures were accurate.

Regardless I think the prisoners section is neglected by me and most of us here, may Allah free the Muslim prisoners and forgive us our many shortcomings. Ameen
    Wakee' ibn Jarrah once said, 'The intelligent one is he who understands the ways of Allah, not him who has understood the ways of this world.'

MM: Your Deeds Would Shame all the Devils in Hell

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abu Treika For This Useful Post:
    Abu Hurairah (21st July 2011), abubakr007 (21st July 2011), Scented Blood (22nd July 2011), Umm Yassin (21st July 2011)

Useful reminder, jazakallah.

I think this thread should be moved to the prisoners section itself. It highlights the reality, should hence be put in that section.
    No signature to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by umm hafsa View Post
    I think this thread should be moved to the prisoners section itself. It highlights the reality, should hence be put in that section.
    The reality isn't as bad as that. I have never seen stats like that during my time here so it's most likely a glitch like ATR said.

When is Arts section ever going to get more views than Politics on this board?
    ~*~
    هل أبكاك علمُ الله فيك؟ |Has Allah's knowledge of you ever made you cry?
    ~*~

When I say it highlights the reality, I do not mean the actual stats, I just mean the fact that the prisoners section usually gets fewer veiws than other sections.

Yes the numbers as you mentioned do seem very unusual.

What I am trying to say is that this thread should be moved to prisoners section since its about getting attention for that particular section.
    No signature to be found.

What I am trying to say is that this thread should be moved to prisoners section since its about getting attention for that particular section.
    I'm nitpicking a little now, but surely this thread would get more views outside of the Prisoners Section given that this thread is about Prisoners Section getting the least views.
    ~*~
    هل أبكاك علمُ الله فيك؟ |Has Allah's knowledge of you ever made you cry?
    ~*~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Hurairah For This Useful Post:

Perhaps not all people here immediately realized what was meant by Prisoners section, i.e. I think SunniForum and some others had one section just like that, but not for real prisoners but for the banned members of a forum. So in other words, until their ban was lifted they were able to talk only in the so-called prisoner section. Surely, this has nothing to do with real prisoners in real world.

Probably a thread's name should be changed to something more clear and it should be made sticky as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Fajr View Post
    Sad indeed. May Allah forgive us for our shortcomings. I think everyone should pick at least one campaign in the Prisoner's section and contribute to it, even a little.
    Ameen.
    Exactly. BarakAllahu feek. I really hope we will, because it's really needed.

Ghair insha Allah.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu'l 'Eyse View Post
    (Btw could I just ask what software that is your using to make the posts like that? jzk)
    Software? Thank you very much: I used Paint + tinyurl.com . :s Wa iyaakum.

Useful reminder, jazakallah.

Wa iyaaki.
    You want this thread to die a quick death? What did I ever do to you, sister?

(L)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast