Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Halal Way To Get Rid of your Co-Wife

This is a discussion on Halal Way To Get Rid of your Co-Wife within the Family and Social Life forums, part of the Main Topics category; Originally Posted by justabro Have you ever actually studied a Hanbali Fiqh text? Yes. But you could say I study ...

Default Re: Halal Way To Get Rid of your Co-Wife

Quote Originally Posted by justabro View Post
    Have you ever actually studied a Hanbali Fiqh text?
    Yes. But you could say I study more Salafi texts than Hanbali. Obn Taymiyyah and Ibn Qayyim.

Monogamy being customary is not the same as monogamy being a customary stipulation of the contract.
    I think thats what I meant before I mixed up my words. Monogamy being a customary stipulation of the contract is what I meant.

Read your quote carefully. The implicit condition was that he not hurt Fatima or her father. This comes back to the status of Fatima and her father, and not a condition of customary monogamy
    Brother you missed out the first part of Ibn Qayyim's quote. You quoted this:

It is mentioned in the hadth that what took place is hurting Ftimah and therefore hurting him. It is known for sure that the Prophet (peace be upon him) let `Al marry his daughter Ftimah on the condition that he does not hurt her or her father, even if that is not mentioned in the marriage contract. The Prophet (peace be upon him) brought up mention of his other son-in-law to incite `Ali to do the same. The Prophets reproach of `Ali was on account of `Als heedlessness of this condition. (Zd al-Ma`d (5/117-118))
    But you missed the previous bit.

The full quote read:

Ibn al-Qayyim writes in Zd al-Ma`d (5/117-118):
    If a man agrees to the condition that he will not marry a second wife, he is obliged by that condition. If the man breaks his promise, the woman will be entitled to terminate the marriage contract.

It is mentioned in the hadth that what took place is hurting Ftimah and therefore hurting him. It is known for sure that the Prophet (peace be upon him) let `Al marry his daughter Ftimah on the condition that he does not hurt her or her father, even if that is not mentioned in the marriage contract. The Prophet (peace be upon him) brought up mention of his other son-in-law to incite `Ali to do the same. The Prophets reproach of `Ali was on account of `Als heedlessness of this condition.
    He was discussing this in the context of a monogamy stipulation.

This, btw, doesn't help you as it indicates there was a verbal condition. At best, Ali thought it didn't apply because he did not explicitly say it himself. This is quite different from what you argued earlier in this thread.
    I don't think this bit was talking about a verbal condition.

Or, it could be that he assumed the condition did not apply to him since he did not pronounce it himself. However, he should nevertheless have respected this condition as something understood, and that is why the Prophet (peace be upon him) blamed him.
    Its talking about an implicit condition. An understood condition.

Some people are way out of their depth and need to eat some humble pie and know their rank.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to y-mughal For This Useful Post:
    Abu Treika (14th November 2013), Chief (14th November 2013), Layth (14th November 2013)

formerly abdullah12321 al-Tahawi's Avatar

This is the Arabic from Zad al-Ma'ad
    ǡ ǡ . ǡ .
    ǡ .

Then he goes on to discuss the story of Ali
    ǡ .
    ǡ ǡ ǡ ǡ ǡ
    : ( ǻ ) .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to al-Tahawi For This Useful Post:
    Bint Adam (14th November 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Bint Adam View Post
    The Hanafi/Maliki view is mentioned in the first post of the thread. In the fatwa. You can read it yourself

As for the guy switching fiqhs just to escape a ruling sounds like a pretty lame excuse.
    More or less lame than sisters who hate polygyny so much they'll misread fataawa, misapply juristic princples and twist the shari'ah in order to prevent their husbands from marrying co-wives?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abu Milk Sheikh For This Useful Post:
    Umm Sulaiman (14th November 2013), wurood (14th November 2013)

Abu Shawarma

Bint Adam, please show some humility. How are you going to debate with brothers who study the Deen fulltime and have done this for many years?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

You want a monogamous husband, marry a monogamous husband. You want a polygamous husband, marry a polygamous husband. You'd think this stuff is easy.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by cBox View Post
    You want a monogamous husband, marry a monogamous husband. You want a polygamous husband, marry a polygamous husband. You'd think this stuff is easy.
    You would, but it is not....

As they say in the West Indies. 'tings change'.

In all seriousness, sometimes these things come up years after the marriage starts off with a certain understanding etc.
    The Hawaalian Alliance
    Faith - Insight - Progress

:
    Do the Deed of Heroes: Seek Rizq from Halal
    -Sufyan al-Thawri

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast