Working out during Ramadan

This is a discussion on Working out during Ramadan within the Living Room forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; I was going to post this in the B-section but I remembered some brothers don't have access yet. To those ...

Abu Shawarma

Default Working out during Ramadan

I was going to post this in the B-section but I remembered some brothers don't have access yet.

To those brothers who do strength-training/bodybuilding, what do you guys do during Ramadan?? I'm not so much focused on keeping my current muscle mass, since I know it is damn near impossible to do that because of my diet, but I would like to keep my strength especially in the big three.
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

Banned

Default Re: Working out during Ramadan

Asalam 3leikoum wr wb,

Push ups push ups and more push ups sets of 50. Eat 2 full meals 1 at iftar the other at sahoor and try to jog or sprint in the e veining. There ya have your core strength and some cardio.

Ramadan Mubarek

Some of the gyms round my way open after taraweeh for those who are dedicated enough.

I know some bros who train an hour before iftar, but you need to be fanatical for that.

Khair there's nothing wrong with taking a month off to concentrate of the spirit rather than the body.
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Syed Qutb (ra) when asked to seek pardon from nasser said
    Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

Rep-manz

Well as I've lost track of my training over the past few months I've decided from next week to do just cardio and natural strength building excercises like push ups etc

I was thinking to go just before Iftar also.

I know some brothers who miss taraweeh to go gym. Not a good plan.

As waziri Bhai has stated sometimes we sacrifice for this month the body to help our soul. The heart is the most important muscle both for physical health and purity of the nafs.
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

: " " , : :

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Abu Shawarma

Good points guys. Don't think i'm so messed up in the head that i would work out before iftar LOL! My brother went to Football practice today right before iftar.. Don't think he will be doing that again.
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

Rep-manz

I think once we get into the month then playing football etc should be ok

hey I mean if badr happened in Ramadan add to that Ramadan is to make us stronger and not weaker then we shouldn't give up on physical excercise.....but it should be done in a way which will not make us sacrifice this once a year opportunity to gain hasanaat upon hasanaat

wa billahi tawfeeq!
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

: " " , : :

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Quote Originally Posted by waziri View Post
    there's nothing wrong with taking a month off to concentrate of the spirit rather than the body.
    Agreed,we may not see Ramadan again,so lets embrace it inshAllah...

Turn right at papa johns, go all the way down, take a U turn, turn right, it's the secondlast house!

I do 10 minutes of cardio before Iftaar and weight training before suhoor. It's tiring but that ten minutes of cardio helps me from overeating when I break my fast.
    I hope by now you feel like you've been sauted in embarrassment sauce, dipped in humiliation batter, fried in mortification oil, sprinkled with a bit of denigration and served with a side of shame. And yes, I'm hungry.