10 Causes dat Result in Allah's Love 4 His Slave and d Slave's Love 4 his Lord by ibn Qayyim
This is a discussion on 10 Causes dat Result in Allah's Love 4 His Slave and d Slave's Love 4 his Lord by ibn Qayyim within the Food For The Soul forums, part of the Main Topics category; Ten Causes that Result in Allaah's Love For His Slave and the Slave's Love for his Lord Author: Ibnul Qayyim ...
- 10th October 2009 #1
10 Causes dat Result in Allah's Love 4 His Slave and d Slave's Love 4 his Lord by ibn QayyimTen Causes that Result in
Allaah's Love For His Slave and the Slave's Love for his Lord
Author: Ibnul Qayyim al Jawziyyah, Source: Madarij as-Saalikeen (vol. 3, pp. 17-18 )
First, reciting the Qur'an while pondering over its meanings and what is meant by it.
Second, getting closer to Allaah by performing voluntary deeds after completing obligatory deeds. This is as is stated in a Hadith Qudsi: "My slave continues getting closer to Me by performing voluntary deeds until I love him."
Third, continual remembrance of Allaah under all circumstances, with one's tongue, heart and actions. The extent of one's love of Allaah is determined by this.
Fourth, giving precedence to what He loves over what you love when you are overtaken by your desires.
Fifth, the heart being avid of Allaah's Names, and Attributes and the heart roaming in that garden of knowledge.
Sixth, observing Allaah's kindness, goodness and bounties, both hidden and open.
Seventh, and this is the most wonderful, the heart being soft, subdued and meek before Allaah.
Eighth, being alone with Allaah during the time when the Lord descends during the last portion of the night while reading His Book and ending that by asking for forgiveness and repenting.
Ninth, sitting with the beloved and sincere, benefitting from the most fruitful of their speech. And not to speak unless speaking is more beneficial and you know that it will improve your state and be beneficial to others.
Tenth, remaining away from every cause that comes between the heart and Allaah.
The fear of The Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The knowledge of the Holy One is beginning of understanding.
- Signs of Allah's love for His slaves and the efforts for its Achievement - from Riyad as Saliheen
- Foundations of True Faith : Love for Allah - Al-Ibaanah Magazine , Issue No.1
By Shaykh íAbdur-Rahm‚n ibn Hasan Âlush-Shaykh , Fathul-MajÓd Sharh Kit‚bit-TawhÓd (pp.470-473) .
- The Characteristics of a Wali of Allah - by Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah
- By IbnMohammed in forum Politics, Jihad and Current AffairsReplies: 1Last Post: 2nd June 2012, 09:40 PM
- By Ibn Al Khattab in forum Islam in GeneralReplies: 1Last Post: 8th December 2009, 07:56 AM
- By Bint Qudaamah in forum Food For The SoulReplies: 3Last Post: 12th November 2009, 05:51 PM
- By Мармеладка in forum Food For The SoulReplies: 1Last Post: 27th January 2009, 09:57 AM
- By Detainee no. 05315-748 in forum Da'wah and MethodologyReplies: 3Last Post: 14th June 2008, 12:38 PM