Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

~ Quotes

This is a discussion on ~ Quotes within the Food For The Soul forums, part of the Main Topics category; Asalaamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh Mu'adh ibn Jabal Radi Allaahu Ta'ala 'anhu who stated that the Messenger of Allaah Salla ...

Umm Yellow

Default ~ Quotes

Asalaamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Mu'adh ibn Jabal Radi Allaahu Ta'ala 'anhu who stated that the Messenger of Allaah Salla Allaahu 'alahi wa Sallam said in a Khutbah:

"Learn Al-Ilm (knowledge), for learning it is a type of khashyah (Fear) of Allaah, seeking it is an act of worship, studying it is a type of Tasbih, searching for it is a Jihaad, teaching it to those who do not know is a charity and delivering it to those worthy of it is an act of drawing closer to Allaah.... it is a weapon to use against the enemies....
    Allaah elevates some people by knowledge to the rank of leaders in righteousness who are followed, their actions imitated and their opinions referred to.... with knowledge the slave reaches the ranks of the righteous and the elevated grades in this dunya and the Hereafter. Thinking about knowledge is equivalent to Siyam (fasting), and studying it is equivalent to Qiyam (praying at night voluntarily).... Only the happy ones are endowed with knowledge while the miserable ones are deprived of it."

For complete Khutbah read Jami'u Bayani Al-'Ilm vol.1 p. 66

Wa'alaykumassalaam wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh
    "And when you see your brothers, wherever they are, being harrassed, being arrested, being abused, and you do nothing about it, beware and realise that you will be next.... If you allow this to happen to your brothers, be assurred that punishment is on its way."
    ~ Imaam Anwar Al-Awlaki

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabr Wa Shukr For This Useful Post:
    Musaafira (3rd September 2011)

Umm Yellow

Al-Imaam Ibnul-Jawzi (rahimaahullah) said:
    "I sat one day and found sitting around me more than ten thousand (10,000) persons (listening to my sermon) - all of whom had felt their heart soften (and hearken to the words of Allah) or their eyes overflowed with tears. I reflected upon this within myself and said to myself, "What would your condition be like if they attained salvation and you were destroyed (in the fire)?"
    Within myself I cried out:
    "O Allah! You are my Master! If you judge me fit for punishment in the morrow (hereafter) do not inform them (the audience) of my punishment. I pray this to honour You and not for my benefit, lest one of them say, `The One (Allah) he called us to (worship and obey) punished him.'"
    Ibnul Jawzi in Sa-yyd al-Khaatir - Page 321.

"And what is the life of this world except an enjoyment of deception" (3:185).

"And when you see your brothers, wherever they are, being harrassed, being arrested, being abused, and you do nothing about it, beware and realise that you will be next.... If you allow this to happen to your brothers, be assurred that punishment is on its way."
    ~ Imaam Anwar Al-Awlaki

Umm Yellow

Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his commentary on the hadeeth: Concerning the phrase Souls are like conscripted soldiers al-Khattaabi said: This may refer to their similarity as regards good or evil, righteousness or corruption. Good people are inclined towards other good people, and evil people are
    similarly inclined towards other evil people. Souls feel affinity with others according to the nature in which they were created, good or evil. If souls natures are similar, they will get along, otherwise they will not be on good terms with one another. It could be that what is being referred to is the beginning of creation in the realm of the unseen
    when, it is reported, souls were created before bodies, and used to meet one another and express their pessimism about the future. When souls have entered bodies (come to the physical realm) they may recognize one another from the past, and may be on friendly terms or otherwise based on that past experience.

~ Imaam Anwar Al-Awlaki

Umm Yellow

Ibn Abee Haatim Rahimahullah- said: "I entered Damascus and came upon the students of hadeeth, and I passed by the circle of Qaasim al-Joo'ee . I found a group sitting around him and he was speaking. Their appearance amazed me; and I heard him saying: "Seize the benefit of five things from the people of your time: when you are present, you are not known; when you are absent, you are not missed; when you are seen, your advice is not sought; when you say something, your saying is not accepted; and when you have some knowledge, you are not given anything for it. I advise you with five matters: when you are treated unjustly, do not behave unjustly; when you are praised do not become happy; when you are criticised, do not become upset; when you are not believed, do not become angry; and if the people act deceitfully towards you, do not act deceitfully towards them." Ibn Abee Haatim said: So I took this as my benefit from Damascus"
    Related by Ibn al-Jawzee (RH) in Sifatus-Safwaa (2/200)

~ Imaam Anwar Al-Awlaki

Umm Yellow

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: "When a person spends his entire day with no other concern but Allaah alone, Allaah, may He be glorified, will take care of all his needs and take care of all that is worrying him; He will empty his heart so that it will be filled only with love for Him, free his tongue so that it will speak only in remembrance of Him (dhikr) and cause all his faculties to work only in obedience to Him. But if a person spends his entire day with no other concern but this world, Allaah will make him bear its distress, anxiety and pain; He will leave him to sort himself out, and cause his heart to be distracted from the love of Allaah towards the love of some created being, cause his tongue to speak only in remembering people instead of remembering Allaah, and cause him to use his talents and energy in obeying and serving them. So he will strive hard, labouring like some work-animal, to serve something other than Allaah Everyone who turns away from being a true slave of Allaah and obeying Him and loving Him will be burdened with servitude, love and obedience to some created being. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 'And whosoever turns away (blinds himself) from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allaah), We appoint for him a shaytaan (devil) to be a qareen (intimate companion) to him.' [al-Zukhruf 43:36"] - Al-Fawaa'id, p. 159

~ Imaam Anwar Al-Awlaki

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabr Wa Shukr For This Useful Post:
    Hamza Patterson (16th March 2013)

Imam Shafi' said, "All humans are dead except those who have knowledge ... and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds ... and those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere ... and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry."

Umm Yellow

Part from the days where you used to do as you wish
    And restrain your soul when the decree of Allah is ordained
    And dont despair over the events of the past
    Fore none of the events of the dunya were ever meant to remain
    And be a man who is firm upon his affairs
    And whose character is that of pardoning and nobility
    And there is sadness or happiness that is continuous
    Just as there is there is no comfort or pain
    If you are a person who is satisfied with what he has
    Then you and the owner of all possessions are equal
    And upon he whos open valley death descends upon
    Then there is no earth or sky to protect you from it
    And the earth of Allah is vast but
    When the ordainment of Allah descends even the open valley congests

~Imaam Ash-Shafee, may Allah have mercy on him. Aameen.

~ Imaam Anwar Al-Awlaki

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabr Wa Shukr For This Useful Post:
    Layth (12th January 2013)

Umm Yellow

Al-Musayyib Ibn Ra'fi' reported that Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud said " A memoriser of the Quraan should be known for his long night prayers when people are asleep, his fasting when people are eating, his saddness when people are happy, his slience when people are talking nonsense, and his humbleness when people are not. He should be wise, gentle and not talk to much: he should not be rude, negligent, clamorous, nor hot tempered. " ~ Ibn Al Jawzee, Sifaat As-Safwa: 1/413

~ Imaam Anwar Al-Awlaki

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sabr Wa Shukr For This Useful Post:
    Muadh ibn Jabal (18th March 2012), Musaafira (3rd September 2011)

The Prophet of Allah SAW said one day to his companions,"Reverence Allah as becomes you." They said, "Verily, O Apostle of Allah, we do reverence Him, and praise be to Allah Who has imbued us with it." Then Rasulillah SAW said, "It is not so; but whoever reverences Allah as it is suitable for him to do must guard his head from humbling itself to others, and from pride and arrogance towards Allah and Allah's creatures; he must guard his senses from whatever is wrong, and must guard his mouth from eating forbidden things, and his heart from receiving what is prohibited; and he must keep death in mind, and the rotting of his bones. And whoever wishes for future rewards must abandon the ornaments of the world. Therefore, anyone attending to the these points has verily reverenced Allah as it is his duty to do."

Abu Shamma, Kitab arRawadatain

"We hope in Allah Most High, to whom be Praise. Who leads the hearts of Muslims to calm what torments them and ruins their prosperity. Where is the sense of honor of the Muslims? The pride of the Believers? The zeal of the Faithful? We shall never cease to be amazed at how the disbelievers for their part have shown trusts, and it is the Muslims who have been lacking in zeal. Not one of them has responded to the call. Not one intervenes to straighten what is distorted; but observe how far the Franks have gone. What unity they have achieved. What aims they pursue. What help they have given. What sums of money they have borrowed and spent. What wealth they have collected and distributed and divided amongst them. There is not a king left in their lands or islands, not a lord or a rich man who has not competed with his neighbors to produce more support and rival his peers in strenuous military efforts. In defense of their religion they consider it a small thing to spend life and soul; and they have kept their infidel brothers supplied with arms and champions of war; and all they have done and all their generosity has been done purely out of zeal for him they worship in jealous defense of their faith. The Muslims on the other hand are weakened and demoralized; they have become negligent and lazy, the victims of unproductive stupefaction and completely lacking in enthusiasm. If, Allah forbid, Islam should draw reign, obscure her splendor, blunt her sword there would be no one, east or west, far or near who would blaze the zeal for Allah's religion, or choose to come to the aid of Truth against Falsehood. This is the moment to cast off laziness, to summon from far and near all those men who have blood in their veins; but we are confident [He speaks about himself and the small party of believers who began with him and then became a large party]; but we are confident thanks to Allah- alhamdulillah- in the help that will come from him and entrust ourselves to him in sincerity of purpose and deepest devotion. InshaAllah, InshaAllah the disbelievers shall perish and the Faithful have a sure deliverance."

Salahuddin Al-Ayyubi
    12th century

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast