Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Firebrand Mullah

Afghanistan Poem Audio

This is a discussion on Afghanistan Poem Audio within the Art, Poetry, Literature, Culture, Nasheed and more... forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; Salamalikum I made this poem a while back, just a little poem on Afghanistan and it's people. Not really controversial ...

Formerly 'LionofIslam'

Default Afghanistan Poem Audio

Salamalikum

I made this poem a while back, just a little poem on Afghanistan and it's people. Not really controversial but just explaining Afghanistan in very few words

Afghanistan Poem | Facebook

Hanfist Salfist Humblist Firebrand Mullah's Avatar
    Follow Firebrand Mullah On Twitter

Default Re: Afghanistan Poem Audio

Sadly, Afghans are not that great. Threre are so many corrupt people in Afghanistan that their numbers and influence overshadows the goodness of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu-Asiya View Post
    I have nothing against salafis. Even some of my friends are salafis.

Formerly 'LionofIslam'

we used to be that great. Besides people in the city shouldn't be counted, most of the people are among the tribal and a lot of them are gems.

Hanfist Salfist Humblist Firebrand Mullah's Avatar
    Follow Firebrand Mullah On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by LionofIslam View Post
    we used to be that great. Besides people in the city shouldn't be counted, most of the people are among the tribal and a lot of them are gems.
    Our problem is that we live in our past glory. Past glory doesn't buy you anything. The fact is that the situation we are in right now is entirely our own fault no matter if we admit it or not.

So past greatness doesn't guarantee you anything if you are going to give it away. Yet is that is exactly what actually happened in our recent history. We gave it all away ourselves.

We have exchanged faith and valor for tribal feuds and worldly matters. We have sold our own brothers out, we have allied ourselves with the enemies, it was all our own failure.

We have to acknowledge that what made us fall instead of talking about how great we were when we were standing tall above others.

When you are among Afghans, all they do is talk about past glory. Who cares who Ahmed Shah Abdali was if we have nobody who does what he did? Who cares who Sher Shah Ghori was when we are now culturally colonized by India? It is all useless talk to boast about our great past when we are fallen from grace now.

I heard of an Afghan soldier who showed an old classic jezail rifle to a British soldier in Helmand, he told him, look, our grandfathers defeated you with these guns. And the British soldier replied back by saying, well we are still here, so what is your point?
    Last edited by Firebrand Mullah; 6th March 2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu-Asiya View Post
    I have nothing against salafis. Even some of my friends are salafis.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebrand Mullah For This Useful Post:
    abubakr007 (6th March 2012), Abul Qa'qa (6th March 2012)

Formerly 'LionofIslam'

^^ ahahaha at the end statement. I agree with you hopefully you can appreciate something from the poem above.