Audio/ Books on Da'wah

This is a discussion on Audio/ Books on Da'wah within the Arts and Culture forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; Salam alaikum I need some lectures/ eBooks on Da'wah ? If you could post any links here please Barakallahu feekum ...

Default Audio/ Books on Da'wah

Salam alaikum
    I need some lectures/ eBooks on Da'wah ? If you could post any links here please

Barakallahu feekum in advance

Helping Households under Great Stress - Hhugs

Wa'alaykum Asallam. Heres a good book by Bilal Philips:

Da'wah Training Course

During 2005 Sh. Abdur-Raouf Shakir and myself, along with other volunteers, ran a Da'wah Training program for over 500 professionals in Doha, Qatar, at the Qatar Guest Center of which I was the Director of Education and Da'’wah. The material which I prepared for that course forms the basis of this Da’'wah Training Course. The course was subsequently delivered by me in Chennai, India, London, UK, and Toronto, Canada. The audio/video lectures are from the Chennai DTC.
    The DTC was designed to give Muslims from all walks of life a foundation from which they would be empowered to fulfill the great responsibility placed on the shoulders of all the believers; to call all human beings in their circles of influence to the religion of Allah, Islam.

Download

Courtesy of Islamic Online Uni

Salam Alaikum brother,

Are you looking for material specifically on how to give dawah?

There many lectures about dawah by Yusuf Estes on www.hearislam.com

Other dawah lectures are:

Muhammad Al-Shareef's Fiqh of Dawah seminar downloadable here.

Kamal El Mekki's "How to give Shahada in 10 minutes," which includes a Powerpoint Presentation, which you can download here.

And Khalid Yasin has a "Dawah Technique Course" that you can download here.

I hope that helps, inshallah.
    Last edited by Sharif; 29th July 2008 at 01:18 AM.

Stoic Soul.

Default Advice to Du'waat.

‘Ali b. Abi Taalib – Allah be pleased with him – said: "Narrate to people what they can understand; do you want Allah and His Messenger to be disbelieved?"

Quoted by Al-Bukhaari, As-Sahih, Chapter about a person preferring some people with certain knowledge to the exclusion of others.

Ibn Hajar said in Fath Al-Baari, “[In this narration] there is evidence that ambiguous knowledge should not be mentioned amongst the general public.”

Shaykh Muhammad b. Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen – may Allah have mercy on him – explained this very important and often misunderstood point beautifully. After mentioning the narration of ‘Ali, he states:

"It is therefore an aspect of wisdom in da’wah that you should not surprise people with things they are not able to comprehend. Rather, you should call them in stages, bit by bit until their minds settle...”

He goes on to say:

“[The statement of ‘Ali] ‘Do you want Allah and His Messenger to be disbelieved?’ is a rhetorical question, posed as a criticism of such behavior. It means: by narrating to people things they cannot understand do you want Allah and His Messenger to be disbelieved? This is because in such cases when you say, “Allah said, and His Messenger said” they will say you have lied if their minds cannot comprehend what you are saying. Here, they are not disbelieving Allah and His Messenger, but they are disbelieving you because of this speech that you have attributed to Allah and His Messenger. Thus they will end up disbelieving Allah and His Messenger – not directly – but by way of the one who transmits this knowledge (i.e. you).

Now if it is said: Should we stop telling people things they cannot understand even if they need to know? The answer is: no, we do not leave this knowledge altogether, but we should tell them in a way that they will be able to understand. This is done by telling them stage by stage, bit by bit until they can accept the speech we want them to know and they can feel comfortable with it. We do not abandon knowledge that people cannot understand and just say ‘this is something they will reject or dislike so we will not speak about it.’

The same is the case with acting upon a Sunnah that people are not used to and which they might find objectionable. We should act by this Sunnah, but only after informing people about it, such that they will be able to accept it and feel comfortable about it.

We learn from this narration that it is important to employ wisdom in calling to Allah, and that it is incumbent upon anyone who calls to Allah to consider the level of understanding of those he is inviting, and that he should put everyone in their proper place."

- Majmoo' Fataawaa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen 10/140.
    I do not recall where I got this from or whom translated it - but it's short and brilliant.
    If you must kill me - why the lark,
    The hawthorn bud, and the corn?
    Why do the stars bedew the dark?
    Why is the blossom born?
    If I must kill you - why the kiss
    Which made you? There is no why!
    If it be true we were born for this -
    Pitiful love, Good bye!

"Only those return to Eternity, Who on earth seek out Eternity."