Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Short thoughts

This is a discussion on Short thoughts within the Arts and Culture forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; Recently Ive been writing a few short thoughts. I was collecting them so if i ever got round to twittering ...

Default Short thoughts

Recently Ive been writing a few short thoughts.

I was collecting them so if i ever got round to twittering i could share them.

I thought id share them here.

You might like them, you might not, you might use them or you might not.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.
    While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulders and said:
    '(O Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger (sallahu alyhi wa salam) saying, ' I, Abu Bakr and Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and Umar set out.'
    So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them.'
    I turned back to see the speaker was Ali bin Abi Talib.

{Bukhari}

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scented Blood For This Useful Post:
    Smi Ler (4th April 2012)

Default Re: Short thoughts

Are you even worthy to mention Allah's name?

You ask people to trust you but ask yourself and be truthful as to if you really trust Allah.

Don't ever be the best you can for anyone else. Don't even be the best for yourself. Be the best you can for the One who deserves nothing short of your best.

There is a time to be loud. And there is a time to be quiet. But its always time to use wisdom when doing both.

Its never about being known. Our history forgets those who put their pride first. Its remembers those who hid their great deeds.

The wise one keeps the faith. The weak falls at each hurdle.

If you are not seeking the Pleasure of Allah you are seeking His Wrath. There is no in between.

We were not sent to learn the bad habits of others around us. We were sent to teach them and bring them to the level worthy of being a true worshiper. Of being a Muslim.

Its all a matter of wills. If your will to do good is stronger then theirs inshAllah you will bring them up with you. If their will to do wrong is stronger, then you will drown with them.

Do not be in awe by a persons question for it might be the only thing they know. Do not be fooled by a persons silence. It might be that they have forgotten more then you will ever learn.

We make not excuses for others yet expect them to be made for us.

Our hearts are like wells and the dua is like a bucket. Use the bucket to bring what's inside to the surface and ask Allah for all your needs.

A person has no problems getting on their hands and knees if they drop something or are looking for something yet find it difficult to humble themselves before the One who gave them life.

Why is Deen so difficult to give to our children and love so easy when Deen is what will benefit them far more?

What is it that you own that cannot be taken away? For one day it will all be taken away.

If you find a person who has more knowledge and sincerity then you then know that it is because they have less sin then you.

If a person was to throw a full good meal in the bin we would consider it a waste but wouldn't bat an eyelid to a person throwing away their time, wealth and actions in other then the service of Allah.

All those people we tried to please in this world over the want of pleasing Allah? Will they look for us while we are in the fire?

Trying to disprove the Quran? You have more chance of pushing the sun round the earth using oven gloves to protect your hands.

Reach for the sky? No. Muslims reach for the heavens.

Remember the poor and the captives. It may well be that one the Day of Judgement they will be kings and Queens and you will need them to remember you.

You ever had that moment where someone takes your picture and they catch you at an awkward moment and you hate the picture?
    Does that one picture define you?
    No.
    It’s the same with certain moments in our lives. Just because we had them they don’t define us.

The greatest sacrifice is the silent one

The more you learn the less you talk

Sometimes in life what we want to be our medicine is really our poison.

When I am grateful for every single thing I have maybe then Ill start feeling dismayed when I don’t have more.

Getting and no giving. Is that what your relationship with Allah is based on?

He who has no one always has The One.

Our Prophet laid the foundation. Now what will you build on it?

It is nothing but arrogance to think we will wake each morning.

How great is Allah who gives you what you need without you to even ask for it.

Make dua to Allah for the big and the small for He is the Lord of all.

How can men talk about unity if they haven’t even made salah in jammah a regular occurrence?

The Quran is like an ocean. Dive in.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.
    While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulders and said:
    '(O Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger (sallahu alyhi wa salam) saying, ' I, Abu Bakr and Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and Umar set out.'

{Bukhari}

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Scented Blood For This Useful Post:
    Мармеладка (12th February 2012), 'Umar (24th August 2011), Abu Hurairah (24th August 2011), abubakr007 (4th September 2011), AbuSaif (25th June 2012), Amélie (20th August 2011), Bilal alAmreeki (20th August 2011), cBox (16th January 2012), InPrison (23rd August 2011), Layth (20th August 2011), maaqib (27th June 2012), Umm Khawla (21st August 2011), Umm Waraqa Bluebell (20th August 2011), UmmTaymiyyah (12th February 2012)

Formerly Umm Raiyah

I like this one,

Don't ever be the best you can for anyone else. Don't even be the best for yourself. Be the best you can for the One who deserves nothing short of your best.
    P.S. I'm I allowed to post here, I don't want to ruin your thread? if not i'll delete it.
    Last edited by Amélie; 20th August 2011 at 07:26 PM.

Post away.

If i think of more il add them here.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.

{Bukhari}

íÇ ÌÈá ãÇ íåÒß ÑíÍ Bilal alAmreeki's Avatar

well said. jazak Allahu khairan for sharing this with all of us (as I have yet to submit an "application" to the Brothers Only forum)
    O ye who believe! Guard your own souls: If ye follow (right) guidance, no hurt can come to you from those who stray. The goal of you all is to Allah: it is He that will show you the truth of all that ye do. [Al-Ma'idah 105]

Formerly Umm Raiyah

OK. keep em coming.

Enough room to make sajood and enough room for them to bury you. That's all the room you need.

Guns don't destroy nations. Sins do.

Want to learn generosity? Learn from the poor.

Want to learn about yourself? Benefit someone who cannot benefit you.

How did we get from asking to getting to forgetting?

Want to kill time? Then know that time is killing you.

99 people cannot benefit you in the slightest when compared to just one of Allah's names.

Wonder at the mercy of Allah where He allows us to ask for Jannah having done nothing to deserve it and seek refuge from the fire when you have done nothing to avoid it.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.

{Bukhari}

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scented Blood For This Useful Post:
    Мармеладка (12th February 2012), 'Umar (23rd January 2012), Abu Hurairah (24th August 2011), abubakr007 (4th September 2011), Nusaybah (24th August 2011), UmmTaymiyyah (12th February 2012)

kalimat al-ikhlaas Umm Waraqa Bluebell's Avatar

Jazakallah khair.

Are you making these up??

Yes.

Why do you ask?

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.

{Bukhari}

Banned

Here'a a derivitive of LiveIslam's siggy;

Islam is everything. Everything else is make believe.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu.turaub For This Useful Post:
    Umm Khawla (3rd November 2011)

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast