Help!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!! within the Helpers' Corner forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; Asalaamacalaykum - warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu. I have recently applied for a teaching course, in the last minute, and alhamdulilah I have ...

Default Help!!!

Asalaamacalaykum - warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.

I have recently applied for a teaching course, in the last minute, and alhamdulilah I have been invited for an interview in two days time inshalah.

I have also been requested to present/prepare for a sample 5min teaching 'anything/something' to a group of 5-10 people in order to demonstrate my knowledge/ability of teaching whatnot.

I have come up with the idea of teaching 'Bismillahi rahmani rahim'. However the group will most likely be on-muslims. I want to know whether htis owuld be suitable or not?

Jazakallah - qaire,

Wacalaykum-wasalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Asalamualaykum inshallah your in the best of health and Emaan, um if the group is non-muslim than it might be alittle odd 4dem but inshallah Allah swt will make it easy 4u, i think you should teach them something which they will understand, but i think the class would like it coz its something new therer proably bored of everyday same lessons lo0l. Inshllah it will go well.

2C oursels as ithers C us Umm Ahmed's Avatar

Wa 'alaykum usalaam , keep it simple and interesting and it will be good.

You can tell them the instances in which we say it , before prayer, before eating along with the meanings.
    Deeds are your money on the day of judgement , make sure you collect plenty now.

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allâh) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner." (Al-Ahqaf 46:9)

wa alaikum assalaam,

Is it for primary or secondary school? Find out what resources are available to you i.e. OHP, interactive white board, if so you could design nice presentation/slides. If they don't, produce a handout or any other type visual aid. Ask them simple leading questions. You could start by showing them a image of Bismillah in arabic and ask them if they recongise it, this should get them focused, engaged and interested. Check their understanding at end and ask them if they have any questions. Make sure you speak with a clear voice, have a good pace and breath!
    لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله