Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

InshAllah or In shaa Allah?

This is a discussion on InshAllah or In shaa Allah? within the Helpers' Corner forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; I got this in a text last night. What say you all? When writing God Willing in Arabic/english, we should ...

Default InshAllah or In shaa Allah?

I got this in a text last night. What say you all?

When writing God Willing in Arabic/english, we should NOT write it as "inshAllah" or "inshallah" because it means create Allah.

Whether Arabic or English please make sure we write it properly as "In shaa Allah", this means "if Allah wills".

I didn't realize this mistake myself till I read this So make sure you forward this to everyone and help them correct their mistake too!

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.
    While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulders and said:
    '(O Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger (sallahu alyhi wa salam) saying, ' I, Abu Bakr and Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and Umar set out.'
    So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them.'
    I turned back to see the speaker was Ali bin Abi Talib.

{Bukhari}

Abu Shawarma

Default Re: InshAllah or In shaa Allah?

I always write it as inshaa Allah
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

Any of the ze arabic speaking peeps shed any light here?

Shwarms. Just watched Malcom X again. Top movie.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.
    While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulders and said:
    '(O Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger (sallahu alyhi wa salam) saying, ' I, Abu Bakr and Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and Umar set out.'

{Bukhari}

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scented Blood For This Useful Post:
    'Umar (11th January 2012)

what about insh'Allah?
    "Pay attention to your heart, beware of raising yourself above others, and beware of belittling others"
    Sheikh Abdullah Azzam

Please change user title

I stopped using the ' in insha'Allah because I was told that its used usually before an 'ayn.

The Arabic is: so if someone wants to be really specific, they can write it as 3 separate words: In Sha' Allah. The same for Ma Sha' Allah.

But I think the moment you transliterate an Arabic phrase, you're bound to get little mistakes here and there anyway. But they can't really be classified as mistakes so long as the person who's reading it understands where you're coming from (and no-one will understand 'inshallah' or 'inshaAllah' to mean 'create Allah', well hopefully not!)

'Create Allah' would be: in case anyone is interested (which would have to be transliterated to: insha'illah, or insha'i'Allah - which is different to the way people write insha'Allah).

I guess it's the same story for double vowels, in fact, it's probably more problematic there!
    Last edited by Fajr; 17th May 2011 at 01:47 PM.

"... And the last of their call will be, "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds." [10:10]

Imam Malik (rh): Do not look to the sins of people as if you are Lords, but look to your own sins as if you are slaves. Have mercy on the people of affliction and praise Allah for your well-being, and never say, This person is from the people of Hellfire, and this person is from the people of Paradise. Do not be arrogant over the sinners, but rather ask Allah to grant them hidayah and rashad (i.e. guidance).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fajr For This Useful Post:
    iRockNiqaab (18th May 2011)

I just got this from dear dear brother a-maze. No idea why he didnt post it here..

It's made up of three words: (If) (wills) (Allah or God), so the correct transliteration is In Sha' Allah

The ' character or symbol represents the (hamza) letter/sound.
    JazakAllah khair. Does this mean we cant write InshAllah or we shouldnt write inshAllah or there is no problem with joining the three?

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.

{Bukhari}

Just saw sister Fajr's post. JazakAllah khair.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.

{Bukhari}

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AnonyMousey For This Useful Post:
    iRockNiqaab (18th May 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Scented Blood View Post
    Does this mean we cant write InshAllah or we shouldnt write inshAllah or there is no problem with joining the three?
    The thing is, when speaking Arabic, you join words whenever they can be joined. And here, the sha' part is joined to 'Allah' so it sounds like: In Sha'Allah.

In effect, you can either write things down as they sound or as they are written, choice is yours.

"... And the last of their call will be, "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds." [10:10]

Imam Malik (rh): Do not look to the sins of people as if you are Lords, but look to your own sins as if you are slaves. Have mercy on the people of affliction and praise Allah for your well-being, and never say, This person is from the people of Hellfire, and this person is from the people of Paradise. Do not be arrogant over the sinners, but rather ask Allah to grant them hidayah and rashad (i.e. guidance).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fajr For This Useful Post:
    Scented Blood (17th May 2011)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast