Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Did the Prophet (saw) kill those who insulted him?

This is a discussion on Did the Prophet (saw) kill those who insulted him? within the Hadith Sciences forums, part of the category; Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 84, Number 61: Narrated 'Aisha: A group of Jews asked permission to visit the ...

Banned

Default Did the Prophet (saw) kill those who insulted him?

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 84, Number 61:
    Narrated 'Aisha:

A group of Jews asked permission to visit the Prophet (and when they were admitted) they said, "As-Samu 'Alaika (Death be upon you)." I said (to them), "But death and the curse of Allah be upon you!" The Prophet said, "O 'Aisha! Allah is kind and lenient and likes that one should be kind and lenient in all matters." I said, "Haven't you heard what they said?" He said, "I said (to them), 'Wa 'Alaikum (and upon you).

Banned

This is good question. But it seems the Ulama have consensus upon the one who insults the Nabi salalahu alayhi wa salam that he should be killed. (I dont think this means we can kill people on the streets! I believe it is concerning the Islamic state. They can slaughter them)

Inna aqabit lil mutaqeen! Anikaa's Avatar

What's that hadeeth got to do with killing those who insult the Prophet [salallaahu alayhi wassalam]?
    Jaabir (radhi-yallaahu 'anhu) narrated that Allaah's Messenger (sal-Allaahu`alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Do not acquire knowledge in order to compete with the scholars, nor to argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over the gatherings. Since whoever does that, then: The Fire! The Fire!"

Banned

Most interesting.

The prophet didn’t kill those who insulted him, instead he called Muslims to be kind and lenient in such situation? And yet today you want to kill those who toy feel offend him, how is that obeying him?

humility maybe morbius?

If your mother said to you ignore whatever in regards to her, as she just wants best for you because you mean so much to her. So she's not bothered what people say about her. Now imagine someone came to your face and cursed your mother. Would you simply say 'ah she wasnt bothered so neither am I'?

I didnt notice a command being made in the hadith, though i'll leave the more knowledgable members of the forum to ocmment on the issue...
    Last edited by zaid_ibn_ali; 14th March 2008 at 07:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Mu'awiyyah View Post
    What's that hadeeth got to do with killing those who insult the Prophet [salallaahu alayhi wassalam]?
    read it again, this time carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by zaid_ibn_ali View Post
    humility maybe morbius?

If your mother said to you ignore whatever in regards to her, as she just wants best for you because you mean so much to her. So she's not bothered what people say about her. Now imagine someone came to your face and cursed your mother. Would you simply say 'ah she wasnt bothered so neither am I'?

I didnt notice a command being made in the hadith, though i'll leave the more knowledgable members of the forum to ocmment on the issue...
    What nonsense.

You dont kill someone for insulting your mother but most importantly we take the laws of Islam from Allah and the Prophet (saw), if the Prophet (saw) himself didnt kill or even curse those who cursed him, and if he EVEN TOLD OTHERS TO FOLLOW HIS EXAMPLE IN THIS CASE there I dont see how there can be any room for argument.

You Could have had a point if the Hadith JUST stated that the Prophet (saw) himself didnt curse them, but it also says that he told his wife to do the same and it's Very obvious that his command was general and not just applicable to him.

So it's very clear that he didnt kill people for cursing him, in fact he didnt even curse people for cursing him. Do you have a source more authentic than Sahih Bukhari that contradicts this??? The Qur'an also does Not say that we should kill anyone for cursing the Prophet (saw) so where do you get your belief from?
    Last edited by Sawtul Islam; 15th March 2008 at 12:26 AM.

al-Humdulillaah i did initially. But what are you exactly trying to say? I have seen many fatwaas where the 'ulemaa have used that hadeeth for many circumstances. But, i don't know about this topic of "killing" those who insult the beloved.
    Last edited by Anikaa; 15th March 2008 at 01:51 AM.
    Jaabir (radhi-yallaahu 'anhu) narrated that Allaah's Messenger (sal-Allaahu`alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Do not acquire knowledge in order to compete with the scholars, nor to argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over the gatherings. Since whoever does that, then: The Fire! The Fire!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Mu'awiyyah View Post
    al-Humdulillaah i did initially. But what are you exactly trying to say? I have seen many fatwaas where the 'ulemaa have used that hadeeth for many circumstances. But, i don't know about this topic of "killing" those who insult the beloved.
    A group of Jews asked permission to visit the Prophet (and when they were admitted) they said, "As-Samu 'Alaika (Death be upon you)." I said (to them), "But death and the curse of Allah be upon you!" The Prophet said, "O 'Aisha! Allah is kind and lenient and likes that one should be kind and lenient in all matters." I said, "Haven't you heard what they said?" He said, "I said (to them), 'Wa 'Alaikum (and upon you).

Ok let me make it clear for you (though I think it's pretty obvious):

they said, "As-Samu 'Alaika (Death be upon you).

They (the Jews) said to the Prophet (saw): "Death be upon you". That is what I call an INSULT.

So they INSULTED HIM.

Then Ayeshah (ra) said: "But death and the curse of Allah be upon you!"

So then the Prophet (saw) said: "O 'Aisha! Allah is kind and lenient and likes that one should be kind and lenient in all matters."

So he told her not to even curse them after they cursed the Prophet (saw), but you think anyone who insults the Prophet (saw) has to be killed while the Prophet (saw) said the opposite, he said that we must be kind and lenient in exactly the same kind of matter (insulting the Prophet).

Im not interpreting the hadith, it's pretty obvious what it says.

What exactly dont you understand??

Ka'b ibn Ashraf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtul Islam View Post

Ok let me make it clear for you (though I think it's pretty obvious):

they said, "As-Samu 'Alaika (Death be upon you).

They (the Jews) said to the Prophet (saw): "Death be upon you". That is what I call an INSULT.

So they INSULTED HIM.

Then Ayeshah (ra) said: "But death and the curse of Allah be upon you!"

So then the Prophet (saw) said: "O 'Aisha! Allah is kind and lenient and likes that one should be kind and lenient in all matters."

So he told her not to even curse them after they cursed the Prophet (saw), but you think anyone who insults the Prophet (saw) has to be killed while the Prophet (saw) said the opposite, he said that we must be kind and lenient in exactly the same kind of matter (insulting the Prophet).

Im not interpreting the hadith, it's pretty obvious what it says.

What exactly dont you understand??
    I understand the hadeeth akhee. But i'm talking about what you're trying to imply from the hadeeth. As i said, the 'ulemaa have derived many rulings from that hadeeth, such as what to say to a non-muslim when they give salaam or such, etc. But i've never come across that hadeeth in regards to this topic. Kapish?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast