Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hadith of Dipping fly in a drink ???? Unscientific and unhealthy

This is a discussion on Hadith of Dipping fly in a drink ???? Unscientific and unhealthy within the Sciences of Hadith forums, part of the Main Topics category; Salamun alaikum forum Members . BUKHARI HADITH : VOLUME , BOOK 54, NUMBER 537: Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said ...

Question Hadith of Dipping fly in a drink ???? Unscientific and unhealthy

Salamun alaikum forum Members .

BUKHARI HADITH : VOLUME , BOOK 54, NUMBER 537:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink)
    , for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."

Diseases transmitted by flies
    -Typhoid
    -Anthrax
    -Cholera (watery Diarrhea)
    -Dysentery (bloody diarrhea)
    -Viral Hepatitis (Disease of liver)
    -egg of helminths ( worms of intestine)
    -Amoebiasis (ulcer causing disease of intestine leading to amoebic dysentery )
    -Enteroviruses

And many more not mentioned by me here ....

Information on this disease and their link with flies can be easily found in medical books and/or on Authenticated Sites.

Some people and Internet sites Claim that Antibiotics(chemicals which inhibit bacterial growth or kill them) may be found on the surface of fly and is under research to defend this hadith .

-However it has not been conformed that Antibiotics are actually present and can be helpful or not , but the role of housefly in spreading such deadly disease is confirmed and accepted all over the medical community.

I being a medical student finds it hard to accept this hadith.

-Even if Antibiotics are confirmed on the surface of fly , it will be in very less amount and if it is diluted in the drink , it is very unlikely that they will cause any benefit compared to bacteria , viruses and eggs of worms which they carry with them. Bacteria and viruses have a capacity to divide/multiply themselves and even in small amount they can be harmful.

-If antibiotics on surface of fly were of any use , they would have not caused any harm to us , irrespective of whether antibiotics on them are discovered or not.

-The presence of disease in one wing and its cure on another wing cannot be explainedscientifically by any scientific explanation.

I would appreciate any Valid explanation , which does not force me to compromise with any scientific established fact.

Thank you

Default Re: Hadith of Dipping fly in a drink ???? Unscientific and unhealthy

Adil before folks reply I take it you are a Muslim who prays 5 times a day and not a Muslim by name only type person.

Its only fair to let folks know where your coming from,you doubt Hadith,do you doubt Al Quran,The Nabii s.a.w and other Islamic sources or is it just this one Hadith?..
    Last edited by abuhannah; 1st September 2012 at 08:19 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abuhannah For This Useful Post:
    abul hafsa (1st September 2012), leo (1st September 2012)

Salamun alaikum Abuhannah , Here are your answers ,I am a muslim , i believe in 5 prayers per day, I comes from India , my doubt about this hadith came when i read it on Bukhari pdf which i have on my PC , No i do not doubt Al Quran , because i did'nt came across any such thing in the Quran which is difficult to accept in the light of Science. There are 'some' more hadith which are difficult to accept by me , but i think i'll get some valid answers here , because i want to get rid of this confusion from my head.I always feel pleasurable to acknowledge the perfectness of Quran in the light of science. Thank you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Adil Husain For This Useful Post:
    abuhannah (1st September 2012)

Walaikomsalam wr wb,bro don't you have ulemah in India,cant you ask one there?..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abuhannah For This Useful Post:
    IbnMuhammed (1st September 2012), leo (1st September 2012)

Islam is not judged by science, its the other way around.. Scientific theories are constantly changing.
    Besides, you being a medical student (Like how you put it in blue), and not accepting it is not much, since people with the title "Dr." have published works saying it is scientifically accurate lol
    "Pay attention to your heart, beware of raising yourself above others, and beware of belittling others"
    Sheikh Abdullah Azzam

I do not have access to Ulemas here , thats why i opted to make my Doubt public so that someone may solve it .

Quote Originally Posted by IbnMuhammed View Post
    Islam is not judged by science, its the other way around.. Scientific theories are constantly changing.
    Besides, you being a medical student (Like how you put it in blue), and not accepting it is not much, since people with the title "Dr." have published works saying it is scientifically accurate lol
    IbnMuhammad , I do not know whether you will be satisfied with my reply or not but the explanations regarding this Hadith which i came cross were not valid if you ponder on it closely , I showed to this to my fellow Muslim mates(within medical school) and they all were confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Adil Husain View Post
    I do not have access to Ulemas here , thats why i opted to make my Doubt public so that someone may solve it .
    There's nothing to solve.You have plenty of ulemah in India,which city are you based in?..

Quote Originally Posted by Adil Husain View Post
    IbnMuhammad , I do not know whether you will be satisfied with my reply or not but the explanations regarding this Hadith which i came cross were not valid if you ponder on it closely , I showed to this to my fellow Muslim mates(within medical school) and they all were confused.
    The false religion of 'science' made you reject the words of the true and merciful prophet (salallahu alayhi wasalam). Woe to you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sanakhudhu For This Useful Post:
    Farouk (1st September 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by sanakhudhu View Post
    The false religion of 'science' made you reject the words of the true and merciful prophet (salallahu alayhi wasalam). Woe to you.
    Salaam alaikum 16:125 Quran "Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knows best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance" Thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast