Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about hadith, 2 armies, khurasaan and yemen

This is a discussion on Question about hadith, 2 armies, khurasaan and yemen within the Hadith Sciences forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Salaam Alaikum I know the army from Khurasaan make its way and give bayah to Mahdi. But then what is ...

Default Question about hadith, 2 armies, khurasaan and yemen

Salaam Alaikum

I know the army from Khurasaan make its way and give bayah to Mahdi.

But then what is this hadith referring to?

‘Out of ‘Aden-Abyan will come out twelve thousand; they will give victory to the Deen of Allah and they will be the best between me and them.’

I know Aden is a place in South Yemen.

According to some weak narrations found in Kitab al-Fitan by Nu'aym ibn Hammad, this army from Yemen will come on the day of al-Malhamah al-Kubra (the great battle) between the Muslims and the Romans (i.e. European Christians), long after the time of the Mahdi. Following al-Malhamah al-Kubra, the cities of the Romans (Constantinople and Rome) will be conquered, then shorty afterwards the Dajjal and then 'Isa, 'alayhi-salam, will appear.

According to Kitab al-Fitan, this will happen long after the time of the Mahdi, and the narrations in that book clearly indicate that the Mahdi is a different person from the Muslim imam behind whom 'Isa, 'alayhis-salam, will pray. So it may not have anything to do with the Mahdi per se. Wallahu a'lam.

According to Yasir Qadhi, the leader of the group is the Mahdi, but it does not mean that the Mahdi is from khurasan.

http://www.muslimaudio.com/proddetail.php?prod=MMF-YQ

Wallah hu 'alam

Jazakallahu khayran Abu Rasheed. Yes, according to what is apparent from the narrations, the Mahdi will be an Arab, from the Ahl al-Bayt, and he will be from the people of al-Madinah. The people of Khurasan (present-day northern Afghanistan) will be among his supporters, along with other groups of righteous supporters from ash-Sham (Syria-Palestine), al-'Iraq, and (according to some weaker narrations) Egypt and North Africa (Ifriqiyya). It seems clear from the ahadith that the Mahdi himself will appear in Makkah, not in Khurasan, wallahu a'lam.

Even if he does come from the direction of Khurasan, remember that there are plenty of Arabs and other non-Khurasani mujahidun there at the moment.

Ok. Jazakhallah bros. I wasnt trying to associate the hadith about the Yemen army with Mahdi, I just wanted to know if the battle would take place before or after the Mahdi and as Abu_Abdillah2000 pointed out, it will take place after.

I think the army from Khurasaan will come and want to establish a khalifa/take bayah from the people of Saudi so they will make their way and when in Saudi the Mahdi will join the Khurasaan army. When the Khurasaan army will win they will choose Mahdi to be the khalifah and he will run from Medina to the Haram and make Tawwaf. From there 313/314 people will insist on him being the khalifah and will give him bayah.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Abdillah2000 View Post
    According to Kitab al-Fitan, this will happen long after the time of the Mahdi, and the narrations in that book clearly indicate that the Mahdi is a different person from the Muslim imam behind whom 'Isa, 'alayhis-salam, will pray. So it may not have anything to do with the Mahdi per se. Wallahu a'lam.
    Can you give some of the narrations that prove the Imam will be a different person from the Mahdi?
    "Do not be fooled by the one that recites the Quran for that is only words that we utter. Rather, look at the one who acts upon it." - Umar

Allah's Messenger (saws) said “O Ka’b Ibn ‘Ujrah, I seek Allah’s protection for you from the leadership of fools. There shall be rulers, whoever enters upon them, then aids them in their oppression and validates their lies, then he is not from me nor I from him, and he shall not be admitted to the Hawd..." [Saheh at-Targheb wat-Tarheb #2243]

Yeah I think the Mahdi will be the Imam that will be leading Isa,as.

Also Ive heard that Khurasaan is actually northern Iran, Turkministan and Azerbaijan. Anyone know if there are any Mujahideen there currently.

I dont know what to make of it, but I knew one guy whose granddad was a sufi sheikh who used to predict things. He was well knwon in chechnya, and I remember somewhere in about 1996 or 1997 he predicted that some big attacks will take place on US cities, naming them, and that the war big time will start from there on. His grandson said that he used to watch every news, waiting for the attacks. The only thing that he said that it would be Saddam, and rockets (or this is what the grandson told me).

Also, from what I remember, he said that the leader of muslims (mahdi?) is already on earth, and that he will realise that it is him while making wudu by some river. Also I think he said he was in afghanistan, and should come to chechnya, or already is in chechnya, I cant remember.

But I dont believe this man, for he was a sufi, and the followers of his, have made problems for mujahedeen, both when he was alive and after his death. Maybe he was in contact with jin who would feed this kind info to him, mixing it with 90 lies.
    Wallahu Allam!

Well the Mahdi may be alive because the signs for al malhama are already here, but thats the only thing I can base my opinion on. Also there was a satellite that took images of the Euphrates and it showed that there is Gold at the bottom of the river. Western scientists that also had no clue about the hadith or anything said that in 3-5 years the whole river could be dry if immediate action wasnt taken, and this was in 2003. This was in an article in the BBC.
    Last edited by chibinibi; 17th April 2007 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast