Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good News for our Brothers in Australia!

This is a discussion on Good News for our Brothers in Australia! within the Prisoners forums, part of the Main Topics category; Assalam alaykom wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatahu Alhamdullilah, I have excellent news to share. I have been informed that we are ...

Default Good News for our Brothers in Australia!

Assalam alaykom wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatahu

Alhamdullilah, I have excellent news to share. I have been informed that we are able to send letters to our brothers who have been put away here in Australia, specifically the brothers in Melbourne. I cannot give any further details about their location, method of transfer etc as of yet, but I will be working on it very soon insha'Allah.

To refresh your memory, a number of brothers from Australia were convicted on 'terror' charges for basically thinking evil. They were held in custody for a number of years while they were still not found guilty of any charges at the time. Their case has been labelled as flawed from the outset by a number of lawyers, they have been treated unfairly, they cannot provide support to their families and since then have not been supported by the majority of their own brothers and sisters in Islam.

This is to let you all know that it is possible by the will of Allah swt to get in contact with our brothers here in Melbourne, so please be prepared to support them as they have had very little support since their imprisonment, unfortunately. SubhanAllah.

Insha'Allah this will wake up our ummah and unite all Muslims to support those who have been mistreated by the hands of the kuffar. Remember these brothers and sisters in every one of your prayers, make dua that Allah swt will hasten their sentences and that their families will be protected. May Allah swt bless them for their patience and grant them jannat al-firdaws al-a3la, ameen. Also remember this important hadith brothers and sisters:

Whoever relieves a believer of distress in this world, Allah will relieve him of some of the distress of the Day of Resurrection. Whoever makes things easy for those who are in difficulty, Allah will make things easy for him in this world and in the next. Whoever conceals (the faults of) a Muslim in this world, Allah will conceal him (his faults) in this world and in the Hereafter. Allah will help the slave so long as the slave helps his brother.
    [Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 1/71, hadith no. 204.]

Insha'Allah I will be posting up further details soon.
    Wassalam alaykom
    Last edited by Muwahidah1; 12th July 2009 at 12:29 PM.

Default Re: Good News for our Brothers in Australia!

Salam alaykum sister,

Alhumduillah that is great news, please inshallah post up details of where to write inshallah when you get a chance.

Was it the case that they were not allowed to receive mail before? I had details for a few brothers but never heard anything.

Jazakhallah khair and walaykum salam,

Umar
    "One who defends the honour of his brother, Allah keeps the fire of hell away from his face on the Day of Judgment.
    (Tirmidhi)

http://www.helptheprisoners.org

Jazaakillaahu khayran Ness Srsly!

It's been some time, i'm tellin ya. Allaah ya baarak feeki.
    Every oppressed one may become heedless for period of time in making du'a against his oppressor except the prisoner, for he knocks on the doors of the heavens each of his mornings and nights until he is released.

- Shaikh Abdulaziz Al-Turaifi

Quote Originally Posted by omar247 View Post
    Salam alaykum sister,

Alhumduillah that is great news, please inshallah post up details of where to write inshallah when you get a chance.

Was it the case that they were not allowed to receive mail before? I had details for a few brothers but never heard anything.

Jazakhallah khair and walaykum salam,

Umar
    Wa alaykom assalam

Wa iyyakom, yes I once heard that they cannot recieve any letters into their cell but alhamdullilah I confirmed that they can today.

wassalam

Wa 'alaykias salaam warahmatullahi wabaraktuhu

Is this the brothers in Melbourne? One of the ex-lawyers of the Sydney brothers (who has also represented brother Bilaal Khazaal in his terrorism case) discouraged sending letters to them, especially because in the pre-trial period, the prosecution was going to use anything possible to show that the brothers had 'the mindframe' etc. The brothers in Sydney on trial are 5 (Abdul Rakib Hasan, Khalid Cheiko, Mustafa Cheiko, Muhammad Ali al-Umar and Umar Jamal (not sure about the brother's name)), and I'm not sure if they're allowed to recieve letters during trial. Not only that, the prison they're being held in at the moment is temporary for the trial, if convicted, they'll be moved back to Goulbourn (way out of Sydney).

Anyway, please let me know if this includes the Sydney brothers as well. Jazakillahu khairan.

Quote Originally Posted by Abul Hasan View Post
    Wa 'alaykias salaam warahmatullahi wabaraktuhu

Is this the brothers in Melbourne? One of the ex-lawyers of the Sydney brothers (who has also represented brother Bilaal Khazaal in his terrorism case) discouraged sending letters to them, especially because in the pre-trial period, the prosecution was going to use anything possible to show that the brothers had 'the mindframe' etc. The brothers in Sydney on trial are 5 (Abdul Rakib Hasan, Khalid Cheiko, Mustafa Cheiko, Muhammad Ali al-Umar and Umar Jamal (not sure about the brother's name)), and I'm not sure if they're allowed to recieve letters during trial. Not only that, the prison they're being held in at the moment is temporary for the trial, if convicted, they'll be moved back to Goulbourn (way out of Sydney).

Anyway, please let me know if this includes the Sydney brothers as well. Jazakillahu khairan.
    May Allah make it easy for them ameen. This is for the brothers of the Benbrika case that happened in Melbourne. They have already been charged and are currently in prison, I think it was also discouraged to send letters to them during their trial but alhamdullilah they are able to recieve them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aseerun View Post
    Jazaakillaahu khayran Ness Srsly!

It's been some time, i'm tellin ya. Allaah ya baarak feeki.
    Wa iyyakom sis

Yeah not many Muslims want to take action, since their trial there have been muslims arguing their guilt or innocence, slandering them, turning against them and supporting the kuffar when only Allah swt knows what their intentions were. They are our brothers at the end of the day. A'uthoobillah, I don't even want to remember the comments some of them made. May Allah forgive them all.

Wa feeki.

Assalam alaykom wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatahu,

Alhamdullilah, by the will of Allah swt, we are now able to send letters to our brothers here in Melbourne insha'Allah.

Please take a few moments of your time to write a supportive letter to these brothers, they have gotten almost no support from anyone, I can only imagine how they would feel once they find out they are being remembered.

The faithful believers are as a brick structure, each supporting one another
    (Muslim)

For further details about the brothers, you can visit an older thread from this forum:
    http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f47/prisoners-australia-23654/

All letters must be sent to:
    SupportOurBrothers@live.com.au

Insha'Allah, these letters will be proof-read to prevent anyone from getting into trouble. I will print them off and have them sent to the brothers cells, insha'Allah.

Please inform everyone that you know, they need all the support they can get. If you have a dedicated website, insha'Allah post it there. If you visit another forum, please post it there also.

May Allah swt reward you for reading.

JazakumAllahu khairan

Wassalam alaykom

For those who wish to spread the news, please post the following:

Assalam alaykom wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatahu

Alhamdullilah, by the Will of Allah swt, we are now able to send letters to our beloved brothers from Melbourne who have been imprisoned and mistreated by the hands of the kuffar.

These are our very own brothers in Islam that we are talking about. Remember the important following ahadith my dear brothers and sisters:

Whoever relieves a believer of distress in this world, Allah will relieve him of some of the distress of the Day of Resurrection. Whoever makes things easy for those who are in difficulty, Allah will make things easy for him in this world and in the next. Whoever conceals (the faults of) a Muslim in this world, Allah will conceal him (his faults) in this world and in the Hereafter. Allah will help the slave so long as the slave helps his brother.

[Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 1/71, hadith no. 204.]

The faithful believers are as a brick structure, each supporting one another
    (Muslim)

Abu Umamah Bin Sahl narrated from his father that the Prophet (SAW) said, He in whose presence a Muslim is humiliated and who does not help him, being able to help him, God will humiliate him before all creatures on the Day of Judgment.

(Ahmed)

Narrated by Abu Talha Al-Ansari and Jabir Bin Abdullah, the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, No man forsakes a Muslim when his rights are being violated or his honour is being belittled except that Allah will forsake him at a place in which he would love to have His help. And no man helps a Muslim at a time when his honour is being belittled or his rights violated except that Allah will help him at a time when his honour is being belittled or his rights violated except that Allah will help him at a place in which he loves to have His help.

(Abu Dawud)

Allah says in the Quran:
    And they give food, in spite of their love for it (or for the love of Him), to the Miskeen (the poor), the orphan, and the captive,

(Saying): We feed you seeking Allaahs Countenance only. We wish for no reward, nor thanks from you

[al-Insaan 76:8-9]

Ibn Katheer ( ) said: Ibn Abbaas ( ) said: in those days their prisoners were mushrikeen; on the day of Badr the Messenger of Allaah ( ) commanded them to be kind to their prisoners, so they used to put them before themselves when it came to food Mujaahid said, this refers to the one who is detained, i.e., they would give food to these prisoners even though they themselves desired it and loved it.

If that is what they had done for the non believers, then imagine what our obligation would be towards our very own brothers.

it is narrated from Abu Huraira (RA) that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He does not wrong him, forsake him or despise him.

(Bukhari)

Please take a few moments of your time to write to these brothers. They have received almost no support from anyone since their imprisonment. Also remember the following hadith:

Al-Qsim b. Muhammad, the grandson of Ab Bakr Allah have mercy on him said:

In my time the people were not impressed by speech, they were impressed by actions. Anyone can say whatever he wants.

Ab Dwd, Kitb Al-Zuhd p354.

Now is the time to take action and write to them inshaAllah.

Please send your letter(s) to:
    SupportOurBrothers@live.com.au

Spread the word and encourage all that you know to send a letter. If you have your own dedicated site, please post it there. If you visit another forum, please post it there also.

JazakumAllahu khairan

Wassalam alaykom

>> To the one who hears of our situation; We are the PrisonersWe will stand against you all before Allaah on the Day of Judgement and we will say to Him
    These people, they knew the orders of your Prophet Muhammad ( ) regarding freeing the prisoner, but they did not oblige nor did they take all the courses of action that could lead to our Freedom.<<
    To send letters to the Brothers of the Benbrika case in Melbourne, Please write to:
    JazakumAllahu khairan

jazaakillaah khayr ukhtil fadeelah!

These brothers and their families have been abadoned by the majority of the community to the extent that some Islamic organisation/s take joy in organising soccer matches with the federal police - esp the anti terror unit- than helping their brothers or their families, who are suffering.

The wives (may Allah preserve them) of these brothers have gone through a lot and they still do till today. You'll find non Muslims that would be more help to the muslims these days than the Muslims, who know that it is fardh upon them to stand for justice. Allaahu'l musta'aan.

This section has been a blessing and I ask you all to make it more of a blessing and take the steps to rectify the bad situation our ummah is in atm.

Once again, thank you sis and all those who are doing what they can to help their brethren in need. May Allah preserve you all, ameen.
    Every oppressed one may become heedless for period of time in making du'a against his oppressor except the prisoner, for he knocks on the doors of the heavens each of his mornings and nights until he is released.

- Shaikh Abdulaziz Al-Turaifi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast