Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Post Your Message of Support for 'Ali at-Tamimi

This is a discussion on Post Your Message of Support for 'Ali at-Tamimi within the Prisoners forums, part of the Main Topics category; One of the most saddening things constantly on my mind is 'Ali at-Tamimi and his case. Besides the sheer injustice ...

Senior Member Detainee no. 05315-748's Avatar

Default Post Your Message of Support for 'Ali at-Tamimi

One of the most saddening things constantly on my mind is 'Ali at-Tamimi and his case. Besides the sheer injustice of the whole thing, the dismal state of the da'wah scene in America makes one realize exactly how valuable Dr. 'Ali was in sustaining the presence of true Islam here. 'Ali would travel across the world to present and teach what others now charge big bucks for simply because this was his passion, and because Allah placed him on Earth as a source of benefit.

Unfortunately, this source of benefit is now spending the rest of his life in an American prison cell (I ask Allah to change that), and as 'Umar Lee eloquently pointed out, "nobody gives a damn."

While his appeals process takes its course, our options are limited as to how we can help. First, the most powerful force is supplication. Second, we can find the ways to send financial assistance to his legal team. Third - and this is the more immediate relief that we can provide - we can send him letters to show our support and help relieve his distress. I won't list all the narrations about relieving your brother's distress.

What I will say is that he is no ordinary prisoner.

He is one of our scholars.

He is someone we all knew of.

He is someone who cared about us.

He is someone we all benefited something from, whether in person or through a recording.

He is the victim of perhaps the greatest injustice a Muslim in America has been afflicted with.

He is in a position where a message from the outside world can turn a depressed mood into a happy one.

Let's make this a nice, long thread.

Background:
    Dr. Ali Al Timimi is an American of Iraqi heritage. He was born in 1963 and raised in the Washington DC area. He received his doctorate in computational biology on the topic of "Chaos and Complexity in Cancer” and holds undergraduate degrees in both Biology and Computer Science.

Al-Timimi also studied religious studies at the Islamic University of Medina where he benefited from the great Islamic scholars of Medina. Due to his passion for reading and research, he progressed quickly in his studies and became one of the few Muslim experts in the US in the field of Islamic Theology and Philosophy.

For over 15 years, al-Timimi has delivered hundreds of Islamic lectures and workshops locally and around the world. His CDs, tapes, and books are sold and freely distributed over the Internet to thousands of people.

The FBI raided Al-Timimi’s house in March of 2003. The government mentioned him in the Paintball indictment as co-conspirator number one. As a result of the media attention, Al-Timimi lost his job and was not able to find another job. After a long waiting period, the government indicted him in September 2004, almost one and half years after they raided his house.

In an 11-count indictment, part of a government case in which 11 men were charged in 2003 as part of a "Virginia jihad network”, prosecutors portray Al-Timimi, 40, as the person who induced or motivated young men from the local area to join the Taliban. Such motivation constitutes 'material support' under the current 'anti-terror' laws.

Dr. Al-Timimi was not indicted as a conspirator. However, he is facing serious charges that carry life sentence.

Write to:
    Ali Al Timimi
    Letters can be emailed to:

SOURCE

What's the address?

Patience is a Virtue

La ilaha illallaah...I almost finished my letter and then my firefox crashed and I've lost it all. Subhanallah, Allah had not decreed that I write to the Sheikh tonight, and inshallah I'll do so in the morning.

Always happens to me so I type in Word doc first. ukhtee Indefinable, i believe someone will take care of delivering it, we just post here.

Quote Originally Posted by murdiyyah View Post
    Always happens to me so I type in Word doc first. ukhtee Indefinable, i believe someone will take care of delivering it, we just post here.
    An address would be nice.
    Patience is a Virtue

Quote Originally Posted by Indefinable View Post
    His last known address can be found in this thread:

Dr. Ali al-Timimi 48054-083

Alexandria Detention Center

2001 Mill Road

Alexandria, Virginia 22314
    "Ya Muqallibal Quloob, Thabbit Quloobanaa 'Alaa Deenik."

"Oh You who changes the hearts, make our hearts firm upon Your Deen."

"I have never regretted anything as much as my regret over a day on which the sun sets and my life span decreases while my good deeds have not increased..."

Excellent thread.

Is it to be posted here and then delivered to the Shaykh?

Sorry I'm slow (I need it myself).

Confused why Cageprisoners took it down.

RefuteEverythingThatMoves

I would like an email too. Not the public forum, if possible.

Senior Member Detainee no. 05315-748's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woes Over View Post
    Excellent thread.

Is it to be posted here and then delivered to the Shaykh?
    I will be collecting what is posted here and sending them all together, إن شاء الله.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Nuh View Post
    I would like an email too. Not the public forum, if possible.
    PM your message to me, if you wish.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast