Nahjul Balagha

This is a discussion on Nahjul Balagha within the Islamic Groups and Sects forums, part of the Islamic Theology and Ideology category; I found this very useful for our Sunni brothers to read it. The post is actually posted by Abdullah Efendi ...

Default Nahjul Balagha

I found this very useful for our Sunni brothers to read it. The post is actually posted by Abdullah Efendi on the FOI forums.

Here is the link to the useful information.
    http://seekingilm.com/wp-content/upl...estatement.pdf

Read it from the top to the bottom insha'Allah

Muslim Male
    leo

Nice post brother

In addition, read this also

Replying against Shia from their most authentic book, Nahjul Balagha

http://www.islamawareness.net/Deviant/Shia/nahjul.html

Also we must know, in entire nahjul balagha, not even once , Ali (RA) has mentioned about sanctity of mutah, nor in history we find any single protest by 3rd and 4th caliphs(RA), ahle bayt (RA) and companions (RA) against the decision taken by 2nd caliph (RA) which was not a new order, rather strict enforcement of the same instructions regarding banning of mutah by the prophet (pbuh) as ordered by Allah Almighty.

Rafida can't show a single word in favour of muta by Ali (RA), yet they deceive innocent people and trap them, using fake narrations from ahle bayt as a justification.

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves.

Default nahjul-balagha & its authenticity

Formerly 'LionofIslam'

Default Nahjul Balagha?

Asalamalikum

I was wondering what is the ruling against Nahjul Balagha? The shia consider it 100% sahih, but i've seen books written by Sunni scholars who also use stuff from nahjul Balagha. What is the verdict on it by Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah

Formerly 'LionofIslam'

Default Nahjul Balagha- Is there anything authentic in there?

Salamalikum

I was wondering, recently i had a debate with some majoosi kuffar (in the middle of the debate they even call on Ali may Allah be pleased with him) and I answereed there points and vowed not to return for it wasted to much of my time. However while I was going into nahjul balagha i was wondering what hadith are sahih and which one aren't. Is this a pure shia book or are there hadiths that we can use as well?
    Stop Singing
    And Start Swinging! - Malcolm X

Formerly 'LionofIslam'

Default Re: Nahjul Balagha- Is there anything authentic in there?

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...balagha-42891/

subhan'Allah i all ready have a thread regarding this loool
    and I didn't get an answer to it.
    Stop Singing

Formerly 'LionofIslam'

Nahjul-balagha & its authenticity EXPOSING & ANSWERING SHIITES

heres an answer, anybody have anything else?
    Stop Singing

Formerly - Abu_Abdallah

Here a summary..

The book Nahj al-Balagha is a compilation prepared by a student of the Rafidi scholar known as Shaykh al-Mufid (d.413). There is a difference of opinion who the compiler was: was it al-Sharif al-Radi (d.406), or his elder brother al-Sharif al-Murtada (d.436)? Both are like their master Rafidites.

The Nahj al-Balagha is a so-called anthology of writings, speeches and so forth. Thus, it contains many sermons, letters and statements, all ascribed to the noble Companion, Ali b. Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him. It is not a collection of Shariah knowledge, i.e. Quran or Hadith. It is simply a collection of statements ascribed truthfully ánd falsely to one of the Companions. A lot of what it contains is definitely false, concoted by later people particularly Shiites. This does not mean that it lacks sound narrations. Indeed, there are a number of statements that truthfully go back to the Companion.

The work is an excellent proof of eloquence in many aspects, as the words ascribed to the Companion irrespective of their authenticity prove in themselves. However, scholars have disputed also the eloquence of much what has been ascribed to the Companion. Some have even doubted the authenticity of passages, based upon anachronisms of expressions and terms, including saj or rhymed prose.

It is possible that a large part of the Nahj al-Balagha was not collected by the alleged author, but invented by him personally. According to Ibn Khallikan, al-Sharif al-Murtada could have been the compiler of the work and not his brother al-Sharif al-Radi. Al-Dhahabi, one of the best historians Islam has ever seen, mentions that al-Sharif al-Murtada invented the Nahj al-Balagha and ascribed it to Ali. This has been repeated by a number of scholars from the Ahl al-Sunnah, who blamed the fabrications on one of the two brothers. Whoever authored it, al-Radi or al-Murtada, does not matter. Both of them are Rafidites with wicked beliefs who harbored ill-will to the Ahl al-Sunnah in general, and the Companions of the Prophet in particular. The words ascribed to Ali wherein he defames Abu Bakr and Umar can never be said by him, as all sound-minded Muslims know. One of the brothers or their alleged sources must have invented this, because we believe the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet to be true. In fact, Ibn Abil-Hadid the commentator of Naj al-Balagha mentioned that some accused al-Sharif al-Radi, the alleged compiler, of having invented the third sermon of the book.

wa Allahu A'lam.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
    Abu Abdul-Barr (29th March 2012), Abu Hawwa (29th March 2012), Ibn Fulaan (28th May 2014), Logic lover (29th March 2012)

Sadly Kitaabun are selling copies of Nahjul Balaghah from now onwards... they have a wide range of books without barring sectarianism so I guess Shee'aite material was going to infiltrate one day... I really like Kitaabun's collection, and I still do, but these stunts will confuse some people a lot... shocked me when I saw it earlier... they do have a small disclaimer but that may not help .. if they put it up for research purposes, then for that one can easily pop over to a rafidi shop and buy a copy, no need for Sunnis to host such titles..

kitaabun-Classical and Contemporary Muslim and Islamic Books
    Last edited by istislaam; 30th March 2012 at 06:52 PM.