Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tayyibun Institute arabic course - anyone recommend it?

This is a discussion on Tayyibun Institute arabic course - anyone recommend it? within the Arabic Language forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; salam alaykum, Inshallah I was looking at doing the tayyibun arabic level one course this september, as it looks very ...

Default Tayyibun Institute arabic course - anyone recommend it?

salam alaykum,

Inshallah I was looking at doing the tayyibun arabic level one course this september, as it looks very good and basically I need to stop kidding myself im going to learn arabic at home by myself, I need to be in a committed classroom environment.

Can anyone recommend this course? Its very cheap and inshallah seems good, but a little voice in my head says maybe its cheap for a reason. Inshallah if anyone has good experiences with them, or even better a successful graduate who is now able to converse in arabic, please let me know.

Walaykum salam,

Umar
    "One who defends the honour of his brother, Allah keeps the fire of hell away from his face on the Day of Judgment.
    (Tirmidhi)

http://www.helptheprisoners.org

Default Re: Tayyibun Institute arabic course - anyone recommend it?

Wa `alaykumusalam wa rahmatullah

Yeah, go for it!

Levels 1, 2 and 4 of Tayyibun's Arabic courses are based on the 3 Madinah Books - so you'll gain a lot of insight into the structure of the course if you flick through Madinah books before enrolling. See if it's the kinda thing for you etc. As you'll find, grammar is introduced early but there is also a lot of focus on vocab - something which builds up through the chapters.

As for the classes, they are once a week, and the prices are low not because of any low quality or anything (I believe it's one of the few places, if not the only one, that has very good quality and professionalism) but they're low because the Institute doesn't believe in demanding unreasonable sums (may Allah reward them). Students come from incredibly various backgrounds - you get your uni/college students, mothers, working professionals, the unemployed etc, so the prices were set taking all that into consideration.

If you decide to enrol, I just want to give a piece of advice, if you'll accept it:

As mentioned, classes are once a week. Now, this is where some students suffer a pitfall: there's no way a person will gain tremendous ground by just turning up once a week, so you really need to put in some extra effort at home. These are intensive courses, so each time you come to class, the teacher will go through a number of chapters (2 or 3) according to the syllabus, break down the rules that are covered, give definitions/vocab, and discussions will ensue etc. However, after that, it's really up to the student to go home, review everything that's learnt, really make sure that content is understood and finally, carry out some practise exercises/homework until the next class. I always recommend students to read up on the next chapter so it's not too overwhelming when it comes to studying it in class. Always be a step ahead and ask lots of questions, do all the exercises (don't miss a single one!), homework and go the extra mile to gain maximum benefit.

I think I'll stop here before I end up writing an essay! Please feel free to ask any further questions, otherwise I'm sure there are Tayyibun students lurking around here who'll chip in with their 2 cents.

"... And the last of their call will be, "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds." [10:10]

Imam Malik (rh): Do not look to the sins of people as if you are Lords, but look to your own sins as if you are slaves. Have mercy on the people of affliction and praise Allah for your well-being, and never say, This person is from the people of Hellfire, and this person is from the people of Paradise. Do not be arrogant over the sinners, but rather ask Allah to grant them hidayah and rashad (i.e. guidance).

Salam alaykum,

Alhumduillah that was just what I was looking for, you've made my mind up sister! What you're saying about not just attending but swotting up at home is good advice too, its like any course you always need to revise and study also.

Walaykum salam,

Umar
    "One who defends the honour of his brother, Allah keeps the fire of hell away from his face on the Day of Judgment.
    (Tirmidhi)

AsSalaamu 'alaykum

I think Fajr is being a tad biased here so I'll offer my advice as someone impartial.

Go for it insha'Allaah. The course is structured well, and the quality of teaching is top masha'Allaah. Even though it's only once a week for three months, you cover a fair bit provided you put in the effort required.

However, after that, it's really up to the student to go home, review everything that's learnt, really make sure that content is understood and finally, carry out some practise exercises/homework until the next class. I always recommend students to read up on the next chapter so it's not too overwhelming when it comes to studying it in class. Always be a step ahead and ask lots of questions, do all the exercises (don't miss a single one!), homework and go the extra mile to gain maximum benefit.
    ^There's nothing more I can add to that.
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
    Gang aft agley,
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagBearer View Post
    I think Fajr is being a tad biased here so I'll offer my advice as someone impartial.
    Lol. I tried sis, I really did...

"... And the last of their call will be, "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds." [10:10]

Imam Malik (rh): Do not look to the sins of people as if you are Lords, but look to your own sins as if you are slaves. Have mercy on the people of affliction and praise Allah for your well-being, and never say, This person is from the people of Hellfire, and this person is from the people of Paradise. Do not be arrogant over the sinners, but rather ask Allah to grant them hidayah and rashad (i.e. guidance).

Quote Originally Posted by Umar247 View Post

but a little voice in my head says maybe its cheap for a reason
    Yes, it is cheap for a reason!

It's because they are a good bunch of brothers and sisters who are working hard to provide excellent quality Islamic education for a very fair price.

I would do istkhara and go for it - not only would you be getting a great course but your money would be a sadaqa supporting such initiatives.
    The Hawaalian Alliance
    Faith - Insight - Progress

:
    Do the Deed of Heroes: Seek Rizq from Halal
    -Sufyan al-Thawri

good people in tayyibun, definately recommend it
    Wakee' ibn Jarrah once said, 'The intelligent one is he who understands the ways of Allah, not him who has understood the ways of this world.'

MM: Your Deeds Would Shame all the Devils in Hell

Salam alaykum,

Ok inshallah thats a ringing endorsement from bros / sisters on the forum, and a couple of brothers offline as well, so inshallah im off to sign up :-) Jazakhallah khair everyone , i'll keep you posted how I get on.

Walaykum salam,

Umar
    (Tirmidhi)

WAHHAABI NOT JADEEDI Aboo Shayba's Avatar
    "Toilet - surrounded by land mines" - Abu Hamza Al-Masri
    Add Aboo Shayba on Facebook Add Aboo Shayba on Google+

Plus if you get 'Abdul 'Aleem Alomgir as your teacher - he is mashaAllaah top!
    DISCLAIMER:

Since particular members on this forum have lost their sense of being just to all regardless of affiliation, and believe that for some there is no justice, and if you do give justice to those who deserve no justice then you yourself are counted as being one who sides with them, defends them, shows sympathy to them. I therefore, must clarify and make clear that
    i am ANTI-ISIS!
    - now can we please stop whining?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - For if upon Allah you do rely
    -
    The intrigues of his slaves can bring no pains.

Syed Qutb (May Allaah accept him)

Umar, did you sign up?

How is it going?
    The Hawaalian Alliance
    Faith - Insight - Progress

:
    Do the Deed of Heroes: Seek Rizq from Halal
    -Sufyan al-Thawri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast