A very Important Message from Mufti Taqi Uthmani

Discussion in 'Islam in General' started by hshad, Aug 16, 2009.

1. hshad

hshad New Member

Assalaamu alaikum

I think amongst Pakistanis in cyber space and in Pakistan itself it's being said that a few people have seen Rasoolullah (saw) in their dreams where he has warned that a calamity/adhaab is to befall on the Muslims of Pakistan.

I didn't pay much attention to it until I heard this audio (in Urdu) from Taqi Uthmani on youtube below (ignore the nationalistic text):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Y76GwhvmM8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Y76GwhvmM8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Taqi Uthmani mentions that he heard from a reliable pious old man that it was related to him that a woman saw the Prophet in his dream where he mentioned that adhaab is near and it could occur. But, he also gave a "solution" to it. Taqi Uthmani mention the solution in the dream is to read Surat ash-Shams 75,000 times. Taqi Uthmani explains that it means that this goal of 75,000 can be accomplished collectively.

Taqi Uthmani then also details that a dream cannot be a daleel/evidence in shariah in its ahkaam so something that is known as a sin cannot become permissible due to a dream and he gives other examples about how dreams cannot be used as evidence. But, this dhikr is something that doesn't breach any principles of shariah so it's ok to follow. The mufti also mentions to constantly ask for forgiveness from our misdeeds, etc beside this dhikr of 70,000.

And, he also mentions a sad reality that in the past people would look at the situation of their region and do dhikr and seek forgiveness, etc. But, now there is no fikr or concern amongst people for what is going on. Allahul must'aan.

I want to pass it on to others but before doing so I want to know how authentic does this sound? I'm a little uncomfortable passing this to others because it sounds "sufi-ish" and also since many people will take it as a shortcut and do the dhikr without bringing about real changes in their lives. Allahu a'lam

So, I'm looking for some feedback on this.

Also, if somebody has heard from a reliable source a similar dream about some sort of calamity to befall on the Muslims in Pakistan then please share the details.

JazakumAllahu khairan

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. abumuwahid

abumuwahid <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Read Surah As Shams 70 000 to avert the adhaab from Allah.

No one can stop what Allah has decreed.

That man, whoever he is, probably smoked hashish before he went to bed.

3. hshad

hshad New Member

I've updated the post; it was a woman. And, this is a really stupid answer. Why do you ever make dua then? Anybody else?

4. 'Ataullah

'Ataullah New Member

After this i don't feel any thing disturbing in his statement.

Sometimes I think what sort of calamity befell on turks, egyptians, syrians etc ?

5. abumuwahid

Sorry bro. I misunderstood what was written.

I think the Adhaab in Pakistan has occured already.

How else do you explain Musharaf, Zindari and the Pakistani Cricket team?

6. Die for Allah

Die for Allah TIOCFAIDH AR LA

Your right bro it does seem "sufiish", dhikr of course is very important but dhikr on its own without rectification is not the answer.

The messenger of Allah salalahu alayhi wasalam has told us what causes Muslims to enter into a sate of humiliation and what causes that humiliation to be removed.We have the Quran and ahadith for guidance we do not need dreams regardless of how pious the one who sees them may be.

7. abuhannah

abuhannah Well-Known Member

even wee little Ireland beat the Pakistani Cricket team...that's adhab right there,such a shame...

8. hshad

hshad New Member

What do you?

Of course not! What an odd assumption to make. What is meant here is an adhaab other than "The Final Adhaab" as you put it, by which I assume you mean the day of judgment?

And, Taqi Uthmani's ta'weel is that 75,000 is to be read collectively and not individually. Still, I find it odd. The solution would be to read it and bring about changes to ourselves rather than just do the dhikr, and most people would just do the dhikr and think they have done their part.

9. Conveying Truth

Conveying Truth New Member

What a great solution, Instead of facing the problems and telling the Ummah how to get out of them, and what is obligatory on us, all we need to do is recite this.

Gee, why didnt the Prophet (s) and the Sahabah just do this instead of going through all these hardships?

It must be the special status of Mufti Taqi or this woman which we now know the easy way to make Islam to reign supreme.

10. 'Ataullah

'Ataullah New Member

He is one of the most active schoalrs who are trying to implement sharia and to present relatively more practical measures for the accomplishment of this goal. just a 6:21 min speech is never enough to judge a person.

11. suhail

suhail New Member

Why do you consider Dhikr as something trivial? Remembering Allah in the time of need is the most important thing. And what else you want Mufti Taqi to do? People already know what is going on what they are lacking but they are still sitting and doing nothing. He has many talks about other issues.

Dhikr and Dua are the weapons of muslims. Read the stories of Prophets and Sahabah again. You will know the importance of Dhikr and Dua.

12. Ibn malik

Ibn malik New Member

ya Ikhwatal kareem, I want to warn yo against diminishing the worth of dhikr, for it truly is a reason why adhab may be averted. The very fact that people will be remembering Allah profusely is a sign of their returning to Allah, and as a result of this 'return' to Allah it will cause them to do greater good such as the support of the Mujahideen and the rejection of the kafir government.

Remember grass root activism is important and it is the cause of greater change.

13. ibn 'abd al-jabbaar

ibn 'abd al-jabbaar Well-Known Member

May Allah bless Mufti Taqi Uthmani Ameen

14. hshad

hshad New Member

JazakumAllahu khair for the responses.

This is a great point. My real concern had been the specific number given (i.e. 75,000).

15. Ibn malik

Ibn malik New Member

I'm not sure about setting numbers either, but this is a specific instance. I would appreciate an explanation of the whole concept of not making a general into specific otherwise it becomes bid'ah. Is there a difference of opinion on this as I've only heard this from the SALAFI inclined Ulama. Key examle would be saying SadaqAllah al-adheem when ending the recitation of Quran, when there is a command by Allah to "SAY: SADAQALLAH". This is also accused of being bid'ah due to restricting an 'aam.

16. Ibn Saeed

Ibn Saeed Arabic = Key to Knowledge

I didnt notice the mention of a women seeing the dream.

and Taqi said 70,000 and not 75,000.

17. abumuwahid

Are you being sarcastic brother?

18. hshad

hshad New Member

You're right. The audio isn't that good but there is another audio on youtube where he mentions that a woman saw the dream and the number is 75,000. That audio is of better quality so I thought it must be 75,000.

19. Conveying Truth

Conveying Truth New Member

I am not lowering the importance of Dhikr. He said that that this is the solution. Is this from the Guidance of the Prophet? Has he ever told us what the real solution is? Has he told us what we as Muslims must practically do?

20. suhail

suhail New Member

Where did he say that is the solution. He just tried to interpret the dream. He said the past generation would increase there dhikr and astaghfar if there was calamity. He did not say these are the only things that needs to be done. We should be careful about putting words into somebody elses mouth.