Abdullah Faisal

Discussion in 'Islam in General' started by 'Abd al-Kareem, Feb 17, 2007.

1. 'Abd al-Kareem

'Abd al-Kareem Scaffolding

Assalamu 'alaikum

What do you guys think of Br. Abdullah Faisal?

Also, does anyone know if he got out or not yet?

2. Umm

Umm New Member

He's a Muslim brother.
    I think he was over-rated by a lot of people, and wouldn't take him as a sheikh, but of course we made du'a for him when he was imprisoned. I know there is one of my husband's friends years ago who Faisal called a kaafir becasue he confirmed that they is "salafi". Yet these ones are not the hardcore SPs. To his face Faisal said "Are you a salafi? Well I can't give you salaam then because you're a kaafir."

I personally think it was a bit of a lame excuse to say the Qur'an was on trial, even if Faisal felt his views were loosely based on Qur'anic ayaat.
    Islaam doesn't tell us to go into India and kill any non-combatant (dell call-centre!) man or woman walking down the street. This isn't the same as waging jihaad on the terrorist indian army in occupied Kashmir.

I have even read postings by some of his boys years ago saying that in the UK you can kill anyone, just because they are a kaafir and there is reward in that. Just like killing an ant.

However, we Muslims should not be like the SPs who gloated over his arrest. It is the height of hypocrisy that people like the Nick Grifith get off the hook and his followers are found with explosives, yet the BBC never uses the words "terror" or "terrorists" to describe them. We should be united. I would still prefer Fasial to SP anyday. At least his goal isn't to divide the ummah and hand over Muslims to the kuffar.

3. Umm

Umm New Member

I heard that he is up for release insha'Allah soon.
    You do have to give credit though that he didn't back down and deny his views. He rightly said that the media had twisted things. The kuffar will always have a hatred for the message in the qur'an. I just think that a da'ee should have shown a bit more hikmah when referring to the verses regarding the jews being the descendents of pigs and monkeys etc in talks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  4. Subhan Allah, why would calling yourself a salafi entail kufr? How did he explain this? I dont know this brother, only heard a few lectures long ago. May Allah free all muslims from kafir and munafiq prisons.

5. Umm

Umm New Member

I think it was because Faisal would say Fahd was a kaafir. I would agree with that myself now, but this was going back years when we all thought he was a Muslim. The main issue was over Ibn Baz being called a kaafir over the Gulf War fatwa.

At the end of the day, I don't agree with all of brother Faisal's views, but I agree with a lot of them. He is our brother in Islaam, and he was unjustly imprisoned. But that is what you get when the kuffaar are still deceiving Muslims into believing that Muslims in the UK have the same rights as everyone else.

Why did Downing Street get so touchy when one of the Birmingham brothers, upon release, described the UK as a police state for Muslims? Becasue it hit a raw nerve. The truth hurts.

With brother Faisal, it was old talks that they convicted him on, as well as verses of Qur'aan, from what I read. It is a blatent lie, that anyone quoting the Bible wold have had the same sentence, as the prosecution alledged. And the Bible is very racist against non-gentiles.

We need to wake up and understand that filth is fine, but the truth is not, to the British policy makers. Freedom of speech does not extend to us.

Look at the contrast between Abu Hamza's trial and the BNP one last year. Why was Abu Hamza convicted and not them? Becasue the British public prefer Nick Griffith to Abu Hamza, as he is a white supremacist. Not all of the public, but most of them.

6. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

Abdullah al-Fasial is\was a very extreme person and an outright takfiri extremist. Note: I'm not trying to justify his imprisonment, but he didn't help his situation with his calling for the general killing of "kaafirs". He was one of these people that attracted controversy, and hence gained an audience.

7. Expergefactionist

Expergefactionist hmmm... Staff Member

I must say though... I feel EXTREMELY uneasy speaking about these brothers, however wrong they may be, when they go through a trial.

But I feel I am forced to speak when the extremism THEY were responsible for spreading goes out of hand and not only that the youngsters have embraced their crooked understanding but many have gone 10 steps further, while their real mentors remain behind bars, thus unable to control them. It is a very uncomfortable position to be in, and if it wasn't for the preservation of Sharia alone, I would rather not speak ill of anyone who is going through trials.

8. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

I agree, but there are still many youth circulating his lectures and talks.

9. Die for Allah

Die for Allah TIOCFAIDH AR LA

I think most people know that Abdullah Faisal has changed some of his more extreme views and inshaAllah will need to clarify his position when he comes out.

We shouldnt throw the baby out with the bath water Abdullah Faisal has many good points and has produced some very good lectures,so I guess its a case of leave the bad and take the good.

As far as Im concerned we need people like Abdullah Faisal who speak out and make things clear in no uncertain terms.

wasalam

10. gag order

gag order Anti-Troll

on a few occasions he would state that 95% of the muslims were kafir! but within its context perhaps he meant if someone does such and such then it is kufr and apparently most muslims may or may not to engaged in such and such.

ocassionally he makes the odd remark about women and their endless chatter in the backgorund and late comers to his talks get a crack of the whip that are quite comical but wholly unecassary.

his alleged 'takfeeri' tendencies prompted a refutation or advice from abu hamza whos article appeared on the SOS website that is dedicated to him. it was probably in reply to his accusation that they would not disassociate themselves completely from madkhalis and other undesirables.

his main opponents in the UK were madkhalis who rejoiced at his incarceration. on the whole he spoke on a wide variety of benign topics despite bieng labelled as a 'jihadist' and found 'guilty' due to the hysteria and government meddling in the judiciary that followed 9/11.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  11. Umm

Umm New Member

Was the brother released?

12. Abu_Zahid

Abu_Zahid New Member

He has not been released yet as far as I know. The Guardian reported back in September that he would be up for release weeks after then, but that never seemed to happen and I have never heard anything since.

He did go extreme in some of his takfir, but apparently he has taken those views back, n since he is in prison we haven't heard his side of it, so it is best for ppl to no longer hold that against him, but rather, educate ppl who DO listen to his lectures, that the takfir issues should be ignored (such as takfir on bin baz etc) and that he erred in some takfir-related matters.

As for the brother asking about how he could make takfir of ppl just by hearing that they are "salafis"...shaykh faisal always used the phrase "salafi" to describe "saudi salafis" aka madkhalis. so that is what he meant n who he was referring to. he never liked to use the phrase "salafi" in the context that many of us do now, rather his view was that the only permissible term is "Ahl us sunnah wal jama'ah".

anyone who lives in east london, maybe u could ask around n find someone who used to attend his circles..they might have more info on his current status, as regards to when he is coming out of prison inshaAllah n whether he will be stayin in UK or deported back to Jamaica after his release.

13. Die for Allah

I heard that the Jamaicans dont want him

14. 'Abd al-Kareem

'Abd al-Kareem Scaffolding

Assalamu 'alaikum

No that's not true. The UK doesn't want to send him to Jamaica because then he "will be free to make more tapes and CDs promoting his 'hatred' " as they said themselves.

15. gag order

gag order Anti-Troll

thats true he will be free to make tapes and cd's that may influence reggea artists who may go on to produce even more anti colonial and anti gay music and influence even more listeners worldwide that the west is really the hated 'babylon' the cause of all problems.

16. Die for Allah

Yeah maybe something like boom bye bye in a crusader mans head Abdullah Faisal nah promote nah cross worshiper dem ofi dead.lol

17. Umm Dou3a

Umm Dou3a Al Muwahida

Ahsant, The sheikh fakka Allahu Asrah..ameen
    He speaks the truth without fearing the blame of any blamer.We need more scholars like him.And Allah says:
    إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ