Al-Shabaab says There is no Famine in Somalia but a drought - Famine used for political means.

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Aboo Shayba, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Aboo Shayba

Aboo Shayba WAHHAABI NOT JADEEDI

2. Firebrand Mullah

Firebrand Mullah Hanfist Salfist Humblist

What do you say? is it true that there is no famine?

3. imuslim

imuslim Active Member

All other Muslim aid agencies who are on the ground there says that there is a famine which is contrary to the statement of Ashabab.

I will rather believe the Muslim aid agencies and pay help them instead of saying: "shabab leader is a person on the field and has a better understanding than rest"

Days ago Shabab said they let a few in but most Muslim aid agencies are still in Kenya and I wonder how come they haven't moved in, are they banned as well.

Wasalaam

4. abumuwahid

abumuwahid <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

I am unsure about the weather situation in Somalia but droughts are not very difficult to obseve.

Droughts basically occur when there is a shortage of precipitaion.

Even the blind will know when there is a drought.

Southern Somalia had bumper harvests a couple of years ago, Alhamdulillah, thanks to Al Shababs agriculataral policies.

5. Firebrand Mullah

Firebrand Mullah Hanfist Salfist Humblist

During the reign of Umar ibn al Khattab, there were extreme droughts. When the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan liberated Afghanistan in the late 90's there was an extreme drought.

It seems, dry seasons are a test for people who live under Islamic ruling. The drought tests the imaan of people.

6. Aboo Shayba

First of All, Whether Al Shabaab is correct or not - nothing should stop you from giving money towards Sadaqah. Secondly, If most Muslim Aid agencies are in Kenya, so which very few Muslim aid agencies that are inside Somalia - have said there is a Famine inside Somalia?

Also a lot of Aid Agencies Muslim or Not, go by statistics given by Official (and sadly) Kaafirah organisations like the satanic United 'Nations'.

7. InshallahFirdaus2015

InshallahFirdaus2015 <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

"Hasbunallahu wa ni`mal Wakil'' this is an example of a muslim in the west........wallahi the kuffar have succeded in the war of battle and minds when we read comments like this.

8. Faulconbridge

Faulconbridge <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Droughts invariably cause crop failures and famines, so the distinction is quibbling.

9. al-suyuufi

al-suyuufi Naql-head

I thought they claimed that there is a famine but it's simply not as bad as it's made out to be?

10. imuslim

imuslim Active Member

If you are in contact with any Muslim aid agency or their volunteers then ask them and they will tell you about the severity of situation. If not then browse to any Muslim aid organisation like MuslimAid or MuslimHands.

Also it doesn't take a genius to work out if there is drought and famine. You do know that poverty is a chronic condition in that part of Africa. Its simple it the rain fall is low then it will case the earth to dry and nothing will grow.

Thousands of somalis are moving to kenya not to go on a 21 day trip holiday or to avoid conflict but to avoid the famine.

11. imuslim

imuslim Active Member

What is the matter with you, keep your emotions under your control. What did I say which made you accuse me of falling into the trap of kuffar. All I said was that I trust the aid agencies who have years experience and they all they that there is famine.

So please tell me who do I have to follow.

A single man's claim who says there is no famine.
    Or
    The Hundreds of believers from Muslim Aid agencies who have experience in food distribution and assessing people's condition and they are the ones that say there is famine in Somalia.

They are all on the ground and know better than both of us, so who should I listen the most.

Wasalaam

12. Aboo Shayba

Actually it is not a single man's claim - as you are claiming. It is the claim of an entire Organisation/Government/Jamaa'ah/Body of Scholars - who happen to control this area where the Famine is supposed to be.

Where as you are insisting on putting your trust on those who are based outside the country.

Sorry but your conclusion if anything is illogical. However, if you choose to believe one muslim over another, that is your choice.

13. Aboo Shayba

Bro I hope you do know there is a difference between a Drought and a Famine.

14. Faulconbridge

The difference is the drought causes the famine.

Al-shabab may claim there is no famine. The people who have fled claim there is. That's why they fled.

15. Aboo Shayba

Definition of Famine is: Extreme scarcity of food.

Al-Shabaab does their Zakat Collection, and plus they've maintained and farmed on Land which belongs to the muslims, and I think they are in better position then anyone on saying if there is a scarcity of food or not.

Why people have issues with believing Al-Shabaab, i don't know - That is between them and their Lord.

16. Faulconbridge

I think the people who have fled areas controlled by al-shabab and show all the signs of malnutrition are in a better position than al-shabab to know what things are like in those areas.

18. Faulconbridge

No doubt you know why people suffering from malnutrition have been fleeing areas controlled by al-shabab even though there are no famines there, unlike the rest of Somalia.
    Please enlighten us.

19. periwinkle

periwinkle <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Tell that to the thousands of kids that are starving to death - you only have to watch the news to see their condition. And it isn't the mothers that are starving them - it is those who are denying that there is a famine rather than be seen to be wrong. The people that know the truth are the mothers who are walking for thirty odd days to relief camps in Kenya to find some food for their children - food which Al-Shabaab obviously can't provide. Why would menfolk let children die in order to prove a point?

20. Abu Kamel

Abu Kamel <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

I've listened to BBC radio and watched BBC for the past 3 days or more, and there is a clear, distinct effort to use this emergency to undermine the Shabab.
    The EU aid director stated that NGOs have to seek out chiefs and leaders who will accept aid money w/o Shabab consent. She also insinuated that because Somali warlords in the past have used aid shipments for their own ends, then Shabab will definitely do so- without any evidence.

UK official stated that they could do air drops and try to find those who will accept aid passage regardless of the Shabab.
    They didnt say that about North Korea or Burma- wonder why?

The affairs of the people ARE politics. And the Western powers use emergencies, or the appearance of emergency, as pretext for their internvention in politics.

The statement by these "officials", along with the knowledge that the CIA and MI6 admit to using NGOs as fronts for intel gathering and operations intel and these orgs are likely infiltrated by operatives of all kinds, that arms shipments will soon follow.

It should also be mentioned that the Western powers have contributed to CAUSING any emergency in the region by their regional agenda over the past 10 years. I do NOT trust them or their reporting.