al-yaqoubi

Discussion in 'Identity, Activism and Unity' started by Bint Mahmood, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Bint Mahmood

Bint Mahmood Well-Known Member

Assalamu Alaikum

I was wondering whether anyone here knows anything about Sheikh Yaqoubi's lineage - both his 'spiritual' one and his literal one. I ask because I read that he is a descendant of the prophet sallalahu alayhi wa sallam, and I ask about his spiritual one because most of the chains of other sheikhs and supposed saints that I've come across seem to be broken in some place or other, but I can't find Yaqoubi's in the first place! Someone I was talking to was saying that Yaqoubi is a descendant and has a spiritual lineage therefore his point on a matter is quite valid (that this point alone means what he says is 'right', so to speak) or at least it seemed like this was the point being made.

Jazakallah

2. Abu Mus'ab al-Maldifi

Abu Mus'ab al-Maldifi In Pursuit of Virtue

3. damascene

damascene New Member

You should pose your question to his students:

info@sacredknowledge.co.uk

4. Bint Mahmood

Jazakallah akhi I'll probably actually do that as I'd like to know.

5. Muneer88

Muneer88 هنيئاً لك الشهادة

wa alikum salaam,
    I hope this doesn't mean that you will make "taqleed" on his a'qeedah / manhaj and opinions, without asking for adilah from nusous (textual evidence)...

6. Bint Mahmood

Salam,

No not at all! I don't plan to really take opinions from him. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Someone I was speaking to was saying that he is an authority simply because of his lineage (both blood and spiritual) and I disagree that this should make him an authority in matters, and was just intrigued as to what his lineage actually is. I hope I've clarified my intention here. So many people claim to be a descendant of the prophet sallalahu allayhi wa sallam that I just wanted to see if there's anything to show that he genuinely is - but this doesn't mean that IF he is I will start taking his opinions on matter. I doubt that will happen at all.

7. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

Abu Lahab had closer ties to the Prophet (SAW) than any of these charlatans like Al-Jifri and Yaqoubi. So what?

8. Bint Mahmood

I never thought about it like that but I wholeheartedly agree.

9. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

Mild shiteism

10. Salamat

Salamat <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

what makes alyaqobi a charlatan?

11. Patience

Patience Active Member

His Barelwism.

12. Bint Mahmood

Was this intended towards me or the person who I felt was suggesting that he is an authority due to his supposed lineage? If it was directed towards me then I apologise for giving off such an impression and InshaAllah your view changes because I am slightly offended that someone would think that about me. Again, sorry if I gave off such an impression and if I did then perhaps you are justified in your comment. And also apologies if it wasn't directed towards me and I've unnecessarily made a big deal out of it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  13. Salamat

daleel?

14. abul hafsa

abul hafsa formerly 'dragon'

15. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

Mild shiteism = for those who think authority rest with lineage
    Wasn't direct at anyone in particular
    @Salamat daleel for that? I mean this is how the Shites think "ismah" for ahl bayt(radiAllahu 'anhum) etc

16. Bint Mahmood

Ok Jazakallah for clearing that up and apologies for wrongly assuming.

17. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

Apologies to you for making you think I intended you by my statement

18. Salamat

daleel for yaqobi's "mild shiteism"
    also authority, according the early arab muslims, did rest with lineage. Abu Bakr's whole claim for khilafa was his close lineage/bond with the Prophet, which the opposing ansaris lacked...

19. Patience

Patience Active Member

Salaam Alaikum,

The important point is Yaqoubi is a functional Barelwi and this far outweighs everything else.

20. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

It was a generic claim

And the fadaa'il of Abu Bakr(radiAllahu 'anhu) is many and his lineage is important as the argument was at that time the khalif should be fom the Quraysh, hence many of the 'ulemah differed if this was an obligatory condition or recommended

As for authority simply because one is from ahl bayt/lineage etc this is from the like of the rafidah and their likes but obviously not as severe. It was reported a brother I know asked Nuh Keller about the hukaaam of Jordan and Keler said they are ahl bayt and they will be forgiven