Arabic: What you need for the lessons

Discussion in 'Arabic Language' started by Expergefactionist, Jul 24, 2004.

?

Do You Have Arabic Enabled?

1. Yes

93.0%
  2. No

7.0%
  1. Expergefactionist

Expergefactionist hmmm... Staff Member

as-Salaamu 'alaikum,

In order to participate in these lessons, you will need an Arabic keyboard, which you can buy from:

al-Muntada al-Islami
    7 Bridges Place,Parsons Green,
    London, SW6 4HW, England.
    Nearest Tube: Parsons Green (District Line)

Alternatively, you can visit the following URL and buy your keyboard online:
    http://www.fingertipsoft.com/kbd/btc.html#Arabic

In addition to that, you will need to 'Arabize' your computer to be able to write and read Arabic.

To do that, if you are using either Microsoft Windows XP Professional, or
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, take the following steps.

1) Click on the start and go to Settings - Control Panel
    2) Open the Regional and Language Options applet
    3) On the Languages Tab check the "Install the file for complex script and right to left languages" checkbox to select it
    4) Click OK
    5) Insert the Microsoft Windows XP CD when prompted and allow installation to complete
    6) Restart the computer when prompted to do so

Further other versions of MS Windows, refer to the following article:
    Arabicizing Windows Applications to Read and Write Arabic
    http://www.uga.edu/islam/arabic_windows.html

Any problems, feel free to post!

was-salamu 'alaikum

2. Hamza al-Yunaani

Hamza al-Yunaani New Member

Salaamu 'aleikum
    I'm unable to buy on the internet. Therefore if there's anyway I can a free program, that would be great inshaAllah...

Jazakum Allahu khairan

Hamza

3. Unspecified

Unspecified New Member

Assalaamu alaikum,

If you dont have an arabic keyboard, you can still use your normal keyboard - you just have to know which keys represent which vowel (and it takes absolutely ages to type!)

For the meanwhile, for those who dont have an Arabic keyboard...

ا H
    ب F
    ت J
    ث E
    ج [
    ح P
    خ O
    د ]
    ذ `
    ر V
    ز <
    س S
    ش A
    ص W
    ض Q
    ط @
    ظ ?
    ع U
    غ Y
    ف T
    ك :
    ق R
    ل G
    م L
    ن K
    و >
    ى N
    ء X
    ي D
    ة M
    لا B
    ه I

There are other useful shortcuts, just fiddle around with the keys, and the shift button...

Vowels:

َ Shift + Q

ً Shift + W

ُ Shift + E

ٌ Shift + R

ِ Shift + A

ٍ Shift + S

ْ Shift + X

I dont know how to make them bigger on this forum - maybe someone can help insha'Allaah.

Obv, better to get a keyboard.

4. Hamza al-Yunaani

Hamza al-Yunaani New Member

Obviously...

Still, does anyone know where (if anywhere) to find a free arabic keyboard program??

5. alburkaan

alburkaan New Member

السلام عليکم

I also don't have an arabic keyboard. I use this sometimes if I want to write a line or two in arabic. I know it's......... but will have to do for now.
    والسلام

6. 1khlas

1khlas New Member

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

الحمد لله i'm blind type writer... so when i try to memorize the position of each arabic letter i don't find much trouble without having arabic keyboard.

Untill you memorize the position of the keyboard / get an arabic keyboarي.... turn on "on screen keyboard" all the time.... it will help u much, in shaa Allah..

والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

7. Sabr Wa Shukr

Sabr Wa Shukr Umm Yellow

Alhumdulilah i have Arabic on my laptop.

8. Zahira_L

Zahira_L New Member

Assalamu Alaykom wa RahmatuLLAHI wa Barakatuhu

:?: I have Windows XP and I have the keys marked for Arabic. You are right it takes a while to type in Arabic. I am thinking to get an Arabic keyboard (I live in the US), but is there any way that I can plug my english and Arabic keyboards at the same time? My husband is studying in the University and we need the english for other things.

Jazak Allahu Khayran

Zahira

9. AbuMubarak

AbuMubarak Well-Known Member

10. Kasch

Kasch New Member

<font size="3">اس ا لام عليي كم</font></p>

<font size="3">YOU DONT NEED AN ARABIC KEYBOARD OR STICKERS. to do it for free</font></p>

<font size="3">Install the language as described bfore and install the NEW KEYBOARD LAyout... i dont know exactly how i did it, Regional Settings, Languages, DETAILS Button....</font></p>

<font size="3">Add Keyboard, Input Language, Arabic (egypt, watever)... Keyboard Layout, Arabic(101)...click key settings to be able to switch back and forth.. alternatively.. you can use a new toolbar that will show up on the bottom right hand corner.</font></p>

<font size="3">Now the onscreen keyboard, you need to change the font displayed to arabic, simplified arabic, watever.. </font></p>

<font size="3">then after restarting like 3 times, you now have:</font></p>

<font size="3">1. Onscreen Keyboard with Arabic Font (doesnt show arabic until you swith layout and move your mouse over it)</font></p>

<font size="3">2. a Toolbar on the Windows taskbar that lets you switch between the languages.</font></p>

<font size="3">3. The need to switch back and forth and some classes online so that this will be useful..</font></p>

<font size="3">inshaAllah</font></p>

<font size="3"></font></p><h2><font size="3">but after that open up On-screen keyboard and u can switch between arabic and english keyboard... here is me typing Kaschif using the keyboard of english but switching layout.. ،شسؤاهب so the letter K a S C H  i f are ، ش س ؤ ا ه ب ه ب and شسؤاهب it together.. of course it writes backwards to.. but the layout is infront of you in the onscreen keyboard..</font></h2>

inshaAllah, ان شاءﷲ</p>

سا لم علئ كم</p><font size="4">

and wa Allah o Alim</p></font>

11. Kasch

Kasch New Member