Cracked heels

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Tisatashar, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Tisatashar

Tisatashar <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Assalamu alaykom,

This picture ain't of my heels but 'you get the picture'. But I got a similar problem and its been going on for a few years now.

What's the cure?

2. Yasir

Yasir لك الله يا مهبط الوحي

3. Yousef al Khattab

Yousef al Khattab <A HREF="showpost.php?p=136821"></A>

Asalam 3leikoum wr wb,

Try also checking your blood sugar. You should not wear only sandals w/o socks try to put on a leather show half the day at least so your feet can breath but still stay a little moist. Be careful not to pick at the dead skin on the heel because it only causes more damage.

4. DhulQarNain

DhulQarNain براهيم الامزيغي

wa'alaykumu sallam.
    Who's that on your avatar?
    Gamal 'Abdel Naasir?
  5. Yasir

Yasir لك الله يا مهبط الوحي

It's Hasan al-Banna.
  6. DhulQarNain

DhulQarNain براهيم الامزيغي

7. AbuSulaiman

AbuSulaiman New Member

You can get one of those dead skin graters. I think you can pick it up from boots. You'll definitely benefit from it.
  8. Noorah

Noorah اللهم ارحم شهداء غزة

the dead skin graters will help smooth it then moisturise everday atleast once so the skin softens and keep doing it and InshaAllah it will heal
  9. Umm Ahmed

Umm Ahmed 2C oursels as ithers C us

I get this a lot, because I forget to put slippers on when I run across the concrete to the washing machine and kitchen.

Noorahs suggestion is what I do, but I only use the hard skin remover when it's time to get out of the shower and your feet are softer then, and always moisturising the feet before going to bed, When its deep like the picture, then that needs Vaseline and socks during the night. And all of the scholl products are good.
  10. Tisatashar

Jazakallahu khairan for the posts. Moisturising cream huh? I'll give it go.

(Nasser?? Its Muhammad Marmaduke Picthall.)
  11. Wild Wild West

Wild Wild West لا تعتذر اليوم

What has blood sugar got to do with it?

Vaseline is excellent - Herbaline is even better.
  12. Tisatashar

Perhaps he's referring to how just the thought of Hamas and their wala' to'Shariah as-shaytaan' and their bara' to 'Shariah ar-rahmaan' makes my blood boil.
  13. Yousef al Khattab

Yousef al Khattab <A HREF="showpost.php?p=136821"></A>

Asalam 3leikoum wr wb,

I have diabetes and what affects me worst are my feet. When I eat lots of starch or sugar I used to get this problem with my feet. Thus "check your blood sugar"

14. Wild Wild West

Wild Wild West لا تعتذر اليوم

I see.

May Allah cure you completely.

Stay of the Moroccan tea BTW.

As for you Tisatashar - I hope you are joking and that this is delirium from Eed.
  15. muslim2301

muslim2301 New Member

in addition to this, i remember attending a talk on diabetes where the speaker discussed this issue. people with diabetes (or even pre-diabetes, which a person could have and be unaware of) must be very careful about their feet.

symptoms such as loss of hair from the feet and lower legs, a reduction in feeling, very dry feet or foot infections could be associated with these conditions, caused by neuropathy and poor blood supply.

not that im saying this is the case here, but people should be aware of it, as i was quite surprised at how there was this link between foot (and eye) health and diabetes.
  16. SoA

SoA لا اله الا الله محمد رسول

Asalamu Alaykum, the best thing to use to get rid of the dead skin is by using a ped egg which is this: egg/cemikese/15 min beauty/PedEgg2.jpg
    Its like a grater and it works a treat!!

After one has gotten of the dead skin then moisturize your feet with a cream that is called Eulactol And looks like this:
    this also works a treat!!

Inshallah this info will help a little!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  17. Tisatashar

I don't get much of a dead skin build up. It just splits & won't heel. Of course I'm lazy and forgetful. So if a cure doesn't kick in within 2 or 3 applications of whatever remedy is prescribed........

......... we go back to post #1. Its a vicious cycle.

P.S. Truly I hate these ad banners.
  18. SoA

SoA لا اله الا الله محمد رسول

Akhi try the cream it really does work! Also after putting on the cream put a pair of thin socks on so that the moisture can stay in the cracks, and Inshallah it will heel..If ur saying that ur feet look like the one in the pic then it will take time to heel .

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  19. aisha

aisha New Member Heeled Shoes.pdf

stop wearing heels and put cream and then wear socks...thats what i do, But Allah knows best..assalamo alaykom :)
  20. Shalashaska

Shalashaska <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Try Petroleum Jelly.