Director of Islamic Relief UK Tried to Delay Emergency Food Aid to Somalia

Discussion in 'Identity, Activism and Unity' started by Rasmalai, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Rasmalai

Rasmalai Well-Known Member

Source: Assed Baig: Director of Islamic Relief UK Tried to Delay Emergency Food Aid to Somalia

Whether this story is actually true or not (and I'm inclined to think it is), it's just given me more persuasion to avoid Islamic Relief. A decent organisation ruined by heartless men in suits, methinks.

2. Umm Sayyid Qutb

Umm Sayyid Qutb تعس عبد الدينار

If Muslims are doing this, what do you think about all the kuffar organisations. I've never trusted them anyways, Ummah welfare seems much more trustworthy

Jaber Soh likes this.
  3. Wild Wild West

Wild Wild West لا تعتذر اليوم

This is shocking. For me Islamic Relief always seemed like a good organisation.

4. Rasmalai

Rasmalai Well-Known Member

I think they are a decent organisation ruined by the activities of some of their senior staff. I also feel they're a victim of their own slick media campaigning.

Wild Wild West likes this.
  5. journeyman

journeyman Banned

Why is anyone even surprised by this?

I've had my own dealings with Muslim Aid and they were not so pleasant. In the end I was told that's because they get most of their funding from the Bangladeshi and Pakistani community that's why Africa does not fair much in their agenda or budgeting.

On personal level non Muslim organisations such as OXFAM and Christian Aid are very well organised with transparency and accountability.

This needs a separate thread in which we can discuss how best these organisations can help out without being seen as discriminatory and incompetent