EDL attack Muslims during anti-mosque protest in Dagenham

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Intoodeep, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Intoodeep

Intoodeep Banned

apparently they put two of them in hospital, breaking the jaw of one of the brothers.

Islamophobia Watch - Documenting anti Muslim bigotry - EDL attack Muslims during anti-mosque protest in Dagenham

here is a picture of them during the actual attack:
    HOPE not hate blog: Threats and fear

i dont know why they blanked out their faces..

it was at least 10-20 of them on the 3 muslims, but just goes to show if you aren't training then you better start, at least learn some self-defence. i have no sympathy for brothers who dont as it shows they have no intention of not only defending themselves but not defending any other muslims either.

2. IbnMuhammed

IbnMuhammed Human

Akhi, You can know the most fighting styles, and be the best at it. When it comes to 10 to one, them fighting styles fail, since there for one on one. Thats a silly thing to say bro, they might have known boxing or good stand up, but the moment, maybe the brother slipped and fell, then what can he do?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  3. Abu_Umar

Abu_Umar Member

The best form of defence is OFFENCE.

4. Tazkiyah

Tazkiyah <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Subhan Allah does that sister say he is her friend ??
    May Allah cause our brothers to recover ASAP ameen

No matter how good or bad your fighting skills Allah is the only source of help

5. Abu_Umar

Abu_Umar Member

I think brother Intoo... is stating a general principle and not judging these brothers.

6. Abu_Maryam

Abu_Maryam New Member

-sorry entered a wrong quote here

7. Abu_Umar

Abu_Umar Member

Yes but there is no excuse to have no skills. That is part of our deen. Should be obvious. Personally I am 100% for despising tyhe neglect of gheerah. That includes knowing how to fight to protect one's own. If you refuse to protect yourself and family - you're not a real man. Simple. If you don't KNOW how to fight you are more likely to be intimidated. Anyway, it is 90% mental and 10% physical. Sorry for digressing...

Of course this is by no means an attack on any brother who is outnumbered and beaten up by EDL idiots. The brother here has my every sympathy. So please don't chew my head off ppl. If you're hungry have a cookie or sandwich or something :)

8. Tazkiyah

Tazkiyah <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

I don't disagree at all akhi ..
    I'm a woman and I'm sure I know more tactic in fighting and defends then many brothers who only fight to get a degree and have baby hands ...
    But I was just stating no matter how good a fighter or not Allah is the one who helps and protects
    I remember a video of them brothers a few weeks ago in hounslow or somewer and 2 of them took on heaps of them coward edl losers...
    Subhan Allah they just marched into them no fear mashaAllah
    But I agree tactic and fighting skills are important not only for men but women too ...

9. Abu_Umar

Abu_Umar Member

Yes of course.

But laziness results from ppl taking the dumb approach of not planning and training properly. Leaving NOTHING to chance in your training (we are talking ma / 'selfdefence' training).

Laziness can be deadly. It often is.

And we trust in Allah at the beginning and the end and there is neither power nor might except with ALLAH.

10. Die for Allah

Die for Allah TIOCFAIDH AR LA

filthy edl scum showing their cowardly reality,they're probably gloating over this like they've achieved something spectacular.

Their claim that they are only against "extremists" and not all Muslims has again been shown to be total bull.They attack any Muslim they see as an easy target and even then it takes 20 of them to floor one Muslim the cowards that they are.
    May Allah azza wa jal humiliate them and destroy them,and may he subhanu wa ta ala give strength and protection to the Muslimeen,Aaameen.

11. Intoodeep

Intoodeep Banned

Bro, i didnt direct that at these brothers at all, i was talking in general terms. This should be used as another example to encourage all muslims to learn to look after themselves.

i for one feel there are too many brothers out there who are too softy. they need to learn to defend and protect themselves and their families and communities.

12. IbnMuhammed

IbnMuhammed Human

Oh ok akh..

13. abubakr007

abubakr007 New Member

Asalaamu'Alaykum brothers, anyone knows of any good Muslim self defense training center in south London? InshaAllah let me know.

I really had a bad time at work today with these white racist people, don't know why they are so arrogant! And reading this news makes me more sad and JazakaAllahu Khair brother Intoodeep for your comments about those who don't train.

14. IbnMuhammed

IbnMuhammed Human

Theres heaps in east london..

15. Abu Fatimah

Abu Fatimah <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

16. Abu_Umar

Abu_Umar Member

In Tooting Islamic Centre, there is an ad. for Silat classes. Check that.

There are BJJ classes too with brother Javaid Uddin in Streatham masjid. So find out from there too.
    But best to start off with stand-up. I.e. boxing.

17. starburn

starburn <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Unfortunate to put it mildly. Hopefully the police will get their hands on those responsible.

18. Abu_Umar

Abu_Umar Member

There are enough police and forces within the EDL to make that a distinct possibility.

19. abuhannah

abuhannah Well-Known Member

get real already,cops aint going to do jack about their mates in EDL...

20. starburn

starburn <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

The police do not view the EDL as their mates. Quite apart from the EDL's political agenda there is the issue that the police mostly want a quiet life and the EDL prevents this from happening.

In reality the police have arrested the founder of the EDL:

BBC News - EDL leader Stephen Lennon faces Blackburn assault charge

As well as various others:
    BBC News - Man arrested over Peterborough protests
    BBC News - Trouble at Stoke-on-Trent English Defence League rally
    BBC News - Eight arrests at English Defence League event in Oldham