Fathul bari in english

Discussion in 'Islam in General' started by Abu Maryam PK, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Abu Maryam PK

Abu Maryam PK New Member

We have started a project to translate Fathul bari in english at
    Knowledgeable brothers may please point out the mistakes. In the event of sizeable collection, we will insha'allah get a da'wah centre to publish it for all muslims.
  2. alkathiri

alkathiri Abu Rantisi

JazakAllah khair. Exactly what i need....:D
  3. Yasir

Yasir لك الله يا مهبط الوحي

wa'alaikum as-salaam,
    Isn't it better for us to learn Arabic and then access it?
  4. Abu Maryam PK

Abu Maryam PK New Member

I agree there is no work around for avoiding Arabic. Arabic is a prerequisite for all learning. But sometimes a brother may want to look up the sharah of a hadith and it maybe useful to him. That is all we intend.
  5. A.H

A.H Ali Harfouch

I don't think someone who does not know arabic should be reading Fathul 'Bari. Lets put certain things into priority.
  6. Abu Jalfrezi

Abu Jalfrezi New Member

May Allah bless and reward you for your effort dear brother, this work is absolutly huge, 10 volumes or something.

Make sure you keep a niceley formated word document, so once each section is done you can distrubute that, as its easier to read search etc.

I do not know if you are including arabic hadith text within it, ,but it maybe an idea, then again it maybe not.
  7. Abu Jalfrezi

Abu Jalfrezi New Member

Actually thats good point, I agree.
  8. Yasir

I saw the link:
    Who is deciding what is included or omitted in the translation?
  9. Abu Maryam PK

Abu Maryam PK New Member

That's ijtihad on my part. e.g. i omitted the discussion on "innama" and some quotes of kirmani and ghazzali, where i thought appropriate. Anyway it is a thread and you can suggest what to add or delete. Then the moderators take care of the suggestion.
  10. Abu Maryam PK

Abu Maryam PK New Member

A brother from Indonesia told me they have already published 15 volumes (in indonesian language it is more because of addition of footnotes and arabic text etc) and work is near completion. It seems our english world is lagging behind.
  11. Abu Maryam PK

Abu Maryam PK New Member

Jazakallhu khair for the suggestions. Its 13 volumes, excluding the volume of the preface (hadyussari)
  12. Abu Jalfrezi

Abu Jalfrezi New Member

Another suggestion would be, since you are keeping all on a sticky thread, to keep the thread clean of any comments and questions etc, and keep the thread just for the fath al bari posts. Barakallah Feek.
  13. Yasir

Why not include them if Imam Ibn Hajar deemed them relevant to cite?
  14. justabro

justabro Salafi (Retd.)

Ibn Hajar discusses everything, I think br. bilal has taken the wise course by translating the most important points that would be relevant for the average English-speaking reader to refer to if he needed commentary.
  15. Abu Maryam PK

Abu Maryam PK New Member

Wa feeka baarik
    I would ask the moderators to do that.
  16. Abu Maryam PK

Abu Maryam PK New Member

Would u be kind enough to check it from time to time to inform me of the errors, whenever u see them or perhaps better paraphrasing. Jazakallahu khair.
  17. JayshAllah

JayshAllah <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

I would love it if there was an English translation.
  18. ykhan

ykhan New Member

What a noble project akhi.

May Allah reward you.

So much better than the usual internet fitnah of "qeela wa qaal" we see from so many muslims...!

Wallahu masta'aan.
  19. Skillganon

Skillganon The Serial Repper

What is Fathul Baari?
  20. ykhan

ykhan New Member

Fath ul Baari is a 13 volume explaination of Imaam al Bukhaari's Saheeh ul Jaami ( commonly called Saheeh ul Bukhaari).

AL Haafidh Ibn Hajr died before he could complete the work so the explanation is not complete.

It is widely regarded by all "hadeeth/sunni" scholars past and present as the best commentary on Saheeh ul Bukhaari and Allah knows best.