film: Deep Cover

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Wild Wild West, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Wild Wild West

Wild Wild West لا تعتذر اليوم

Has anyone ever seen the film Deep Cover (1993)?

Do they remember it well?

2. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

Very well. Larry Fishburne & Jeff Goldblum, it was one of my favourites.

Wild Wild West likes this.
  3. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

Wait, you're not asking because of how the film starts are you? With reference to that recent thread title that caused a stir?

4. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

^why what happened?

5. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

It just popped into my head because there was that recent controversy over the N word in a thread and some were arguing that it's taken on a less offense usage in modern times.

The film starts out with an interview question on that topic and gains a range of responses before Larry steps up with the cool answer. Just search for the script.

Try a search for "Deep cover script difference answer question" then CTRL+F and search for "Officer stevens" the dialogue is just before and after that.

6. Wild Wild West

It was one of my faves too.

BTW - That is not why I ask...

7. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Formerly 'Field Marshall' | just too raw

You do realise that the top result returned by Maulana Google is your post!

8. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

Lol, fame at last!

You're not going to make twist your arm are you?

Ok here goes, *clears throat*, why do you ask?

9. Wild Wild West

Well, if you remember the film very well, that is where I chose my screen name (Wild Wild West) from.

10. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

Ahh! *penny drops*

I'd just assumed that your name was a sly dig at western foreign policy or something.

There were certainly some classic lines in that film. In my days before Islam there were a few audio clips from there that I had earmarked for sampling and using in my previous musical career goal. Al-hamdu lillah for the ni'amah of Islam that guided me away from such things.

11. Wild Wild West

Well, yes it is. Look, the guy shoots the other guy and basically tells him the reality.

The West is wild - in many ways. It makes you lose your deen, it is full of selfish, cold people, and so on.

So that guy in my book was a real intellectual.

Very true. I think it has to go down as my favourite serious film of all time. Maybe we could make an Islamic remake of it?

12. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

There's lot of potential for that. An undercover cop who pretends to be Muslim to infiltrate the ummah.

As he gets higher up in the ranks (like first he starts doing street da'wah, then he moves into the lecture circuit and moves up and up until he's in contact with Grand Muftis) he gets irate with his police handler who decides for political reasons not to take out a big corrupt 'alim who's got diplomatic immunity. So then he decides to fully adopt his cover and become a Muslim for real.

We could have him giving a death bed shahadah to the Christian cop that gets shot at the end.

You could even rework some of the classic lines:

13. Wild Wild West

I think you could be on to something here:

The shahadah would replace the 'Wild Wild West', right?

We need a good Nasheed to replace Shabba Rank's Mr Loverman....

Lets try to keep ot crisp and not let it get corny though...

14. Wild Wild West

Maybe we could use that cartoon software to do this.

15. AbuJunayd

AbuJunayd New Member

Top Movie yaar!

Larry Fishbournes best role.

See when the grass gets beaten to death with a pool cue, nice touch, Im just saying...

16. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

Usamah hasan has one:

"mr monkey man how you've evolved, mr monkey man......Monkey .......Monkey....... Monkey......"

Wild Wild West likes this.
  17. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

Madkhali mukhbir song:

"Yeah and you don't stop, cus its a crazy little madkhali as an undercover cop......yeah and you don't quit, cus its a crazy little madkhali as an undercover cop......

creep with me as I go to the mas-jid, wearing a thobe and a beard, with a mic under my chuds, - all I wanna do is catch out ah-med, when - he states he hates kuffar, then, we'll bundle him into our car.....bida!