From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

Discussion in 'Islam in General' started by Sara87, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Sara87

Sara87 New Member

How usual is it for muslims to convert from one "sect" to an other? and what is more usual from shia to sunni or sunni to shia,,what do you think? i read on a shia site there are many sunni aleems who have converted to shiaism,,they claim many sunnis convert to the shia faith

2. Salahadeen

Salahadeen Ahl at-Tawheed

As-Salam Alaykum.

Sunnis make up 85-90% of those who call themselves Muslims.

Shias make up a measly 10%.

From this, it can be seen that the vast majority of Muslims throughout history have chosen "Sunni Islam" over Shi'ism. So on what basis are these Shias rejoicing? Over the last fourteen hundred years, the Shias NEVER made a majority in any single country! Of course not until Shah Ismail I came to power in Persia and forcibly converted the population to Shi'ism. But had it not been for this forced conversion, Shi'ism would be a minority all over the earth. So on what basis are they rejoicing? If so many people were converting to Shi'ism, then why is it that in fourteen hundred years they are still nothing but a pathetic minority?

As for these so-called "Sunni aalims" who converted to Shi'ism, most of them were not really Sunnis, but (extremist) Sufis. If such a Sufi converts to Shi'ism, what does it show except that a deviant likes to convert to deviation?

The true Sunnis, those on the path of the Salafiyyah (what they call "Wahhabis"), almost NEVER convert to Shi'ism. If they say that more Sunnis convert to Shi'ism than the other way around, I say: more Shias convert to "Wahabbiyyah" than "Wahhabis" converting to Shi'ism (which is almost unheard of).

Fi Aman Allah

3. 'Abd al-Kareem

'Abd al-Kareem Scaffolding

Sister I would advise you and everyone else to always double- and triple- confirm when you hear anything from shi'a. Nasty liars they are. They flat-out fabricate when they are not exaggerating.

As for the false claim that many Sunni 'ulemaa` convert to shi'ism, that is a (very bad) joke. Tell them to bring their proof if they are truthful.

Salahadeen is correct, if an extreme sufi deviant mushrik becomes shi'a it is no major change. They were very close in almost everything that they do anyway.

But let them bring the name of a single Muslim scholar who became shi'a...
    I'll wait right here.

Allahu A'lam.

4. Bosnian_mujahid

Bosnian_mujahid New Member

At least in Bosnia iranians do a lot of missionary working,Bosnia is a traditional sunni hanafi place,,but i dont think its usual for people to become shia,nor is it usual for shias to becomme sunni

5. Perfect Shia

Perfect Shia New Member

Salam Brother,

First of all, Shia or Sunni, all are our brothers and sisters. We respect Sunni people and Sunni respect Shia People. I have answered your few question.

1- As you asked to tell a single country, where there are more majority of Shias then sunni.

So here it is:

======IRAN======= ( It is a country of only Shia peoples )

( May be there are more countries. but, i am telling one because you asked for a single country )

2- If the majority of any Religion or cast is more then others, this doesn't means that they are on right path.

2.1- At the time of Karbala war, where there was only 72 people with Imam Hussain (as) to fight for right path and at the other side, there were thousands of people against Imam Hussain (as). So this doesn't means that Poeple with Imam Hussain (as) are wrong because they are less in the majority.

2.2- As you know, these days majority of non-muslims are more then muslims. So, this doesn't means that non muslim are on right path.

This doesn't means that if majority of any cast or religion is less then others so they are not on right path.

You tell me a single country where there are only Sunni People?

Do not think Shia people as your enemy. Think as you brothers and sisters, like we think about Sunni's.

Allah Hafiz, Mola Waris.

Regards,
    ShiaFirst
    Collection of <a href="http://www.shiafirst.com">Audio Video Nohay</a>

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  6. General Bison

General Bison <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

I ask the brothers of IA to not insult/attack this person (yet). Whats your opinion on Abu Bakr, Umar and Aa'isha, that will define our 'brotherhood'.

7. Qwerty

Qwerty Please change user title

^ Ok, let me know when.

8. leo

leo Well-Known Member

According to a rafidhi zakir:-

"Had prophet (pbuh) not announced the wilaya of Ali (RA) at ghadeer, he wouldn't have fulfilled the requirement of prophethood and the message from Allah Almighty would have remained undelivered.

If this is the status of declaration of wilayah at ghadeer e khum, without which the prophethood of our prophet (pbuh) could have been finsihed, then what can be the status of a moulvi leading only 2 rakah in a prayer."

I am surprised you are asking a shia to tell us his opinion about the companions and mothers of believers (RA).

9. General Bison

General Bison <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Some Shia are Jahil about their religion, besides many Shias became Sunnis after just forum discussions alhamdulillah so who knows.

10. nomad

nomad muslim female

Iran has a large number of sunni muslims that are pursecuted against and often killed for their beliefs, so to say iran is only shia is not true. Prior to that the largest shia country was Eygpt, during the fatimid dynasty, which was ended by the seljuks before the crushing of the crusades. I have heard of about 2 women who converted to shia islam, but that was just to marry their boyfriends, im not sure if they are practising, but i have about 50 friends who converted to sunni islam. I presume that is because sunni islam makes sense and shia islam is very emotional and a sensible religion.

11. leo

leo Well-Known Member

Some shia ???????????

I guess, you don't have fair idea about them. As a rule, whenever you witness a shia trying to convince others on the baseless pretext of shia-sunni unity, always remember the ayah of surah baqarah:-

وَإِذَا لَقُواْ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ قَالُوا ءَامَنَّا وَإِذَا خَلَوْاْ إِلَى شَيَـطِينِهِمْ قَالُواْ إِنَّا مَعَكُمْ إِنَّمَا نَحْنُ مُسْتَهْزِءُونَ

And when they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe,'' but when they are alone with their Shayatin (devils), they say: "Truly, we are with you verily, we were but mocking.

12. G_G

G_G <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Do these Shia scum rejoice that people are converting to their falsehood religion started by a Jew. May the Curse of Allah be on them.

13. yezeed

yezeed <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

I don't believe a word you say , not a word .

14. Bilal.Habashi

Bilal.Habashi New Member

sorry this typic is old but i have to tell some thing
    some shia scholars converts to sunni muslim:
    Mohsin Raza Farooqi :

[video=youtube;rYcjoW8i9es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcjoW8i9es[/video]

صلاح حيدر الكاظمي:

[video=youtube;CWD7iykuGks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWD7iykuGks[/video]

Hussein Al-Moayyad:

This is Shia cleric Hussein Al-Moayyad who left Shiism for Islam and Sunnah |

but they are not english language
    can anybody translate to english?
    i need to this clips with translate i want download them and translate to persian

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    AbuMjhdh likes this.
  15. Bilal.Habashi

Bilal.Habashi New Member

in this site i find some shia peoples that convert to sunni islam but their clips are unavailable for me
    i cant watch them
    Shia converts to Islam

can anybody watch this clips

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    AbuMjhdh likes this.
  16. AlwaysMuslim

AlwaysMuslim Member

I don't see how one can convert to Shiism.
    There only argument is that of an emotional one regarding the family of the prophet(ra).

Most converts to islam for example, they become Muslims due to the Quran. They enjoy the arguments for the Quran and the peace and tranquility found in practicing the Quranic traditions.

Most converts actually read the Quran. If one reads the Quran thoroughly, they could only be confused when introduced to shia practices like calling on other than Allah.

I believe with regards to Sunnis converting to Shiism. I don't doubt that its possible / happening, but I guarantee you no learned Sunni would convert to shia.
    It's possible some jahil brother who's just following his parents, never opened a Quran in English in his life and just believes in what he has been indoctrinated with MIGHT convert to Shiism.
    The reason for that from my perspective is that the shia will emotionally get him through the prophets family, throw in a few fabricated ahadith , bad tafseer / translations of Sunni texts and there you go, a jahil Sunni becomes shia.

But how many Sunnis who are well grounded in aqeedah / have read the Quran from front to back in their native tongue have converted to Shiism? How many Shias converted to Sunni after reading the book of Allah?

motar and Bilal.Habashi like this.