Ghost Recon: Scenario for Russian-Georgian war of 2008 was written in 2001

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Abdullah ibn Adam, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Abdullah ibn Adam

Abdullah ibn Adam New Member

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2008/08/12/10069.shtml
    Ghost Recon: Scenario for Russian-Georgian war of 2008 was written in 2001

Journalists of Kavkaz Center have found that scenario for Russian-Georgian war in August 2008 was written back in 2001.

It was in 2001 when a computer game Ghost Recon came out. This game of genre FPS, in which US soldiers, together with the Georgian military are fighting the occupation Russian army on the territory of Georgia... in 2008!

A brief description of the game: Ultra-nationalists have seized power in Moscow, with plans to rebuild the Iron Curtain. Their first step is clandestine support of rebel factions in Georgia and the Baltic States. This storyline foreshadows the 2008 South Ossetia War. This is where the Ghosts come in: to silence the rebellion. Armed with some of the most advanced weaponry in the world, the soldiers of the Ghost Recon force are covertly inserted into Eastern Europe and given specific missions to curtail the rebel actions and overthrow their benefactors.

During the first few missions of the game, the Ghosts battle South Ossetian rebel forces from the north of Georgia, who are harassing the legitimate government and its allies.

At the end, the Americans capture the Kremlin.

Video trailer can be viewed at this link. Kavkaz Center

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

3. morbius

morbius <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Seems that Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili wants also to become emperor of the country. Yes, seriously.

On his grandmother side he has some blood of the Bagrationov dynasty which ruled Georgia till the beginning of 19th century when Georga was taken by Russian emperor Alexander I. Georgian patriarch has said that people should be ready for reinstitution of constitutional monarchy.

I bet you don’t get this kind of information on CNN. ;)

4. Abu Treika

Abu Treika Magoo

morbius, i read through this to get an understanding of what was going on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_war

is this accurate or not

p.s it is very very complex from what i have read

5. onedeen

onedeen New Member

If you go this message board:

boards.straightdope.com

The actual designer of the game posted in the thread regarding the conflict, in great debates.

6. Idriss

Idriss New Member

that is really funny the american's capture the kremlin at the end of the game yes right you are ? when I saw the georgian president running from that russian helicopter it really made me laugh
    what was all that about? :eek:

7. morbius

I don’t know about everything said there, but most data stated is reliable.

I can’t understand what that Saakashvili guy hoped to achieve. It was very obvious what’s going to happen. Probably Americans just trying to apply some tension on the Caucasus region, important in Russia’s oil-and-gas economic boom. Leader of the Georgian Labor party, Shalva Natelashvili, recently said that true president of Georgia is not Saakashvili, but Bush administration’s adviser for Easten Europe, Bruce Jackson.
    [​IMG]

8. Abdullah ibn Adam

Nice cartoon you posted there, Morbius!

9. Abdullah ibn Adam

In sha' Allah this will eventually lead to a major conflict between America and Russia... may they wear down and cripple each other

10. greenshirt

greenshirt New Member

as much as i don't like many actions done by the russian government and the USA government, i find your comments to be sick and uneducated.

11. Abdullah ibn Adam

The Sasanid Persians and the Byzantine Romans were the two main world empires in the days of the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wa-sallam. Their constant wars and fighting between each other weakened both of them and ground each other down, and this was a major factor by which Allah allowed the Muslims to completely destroy the former of those two great empires and conquer a significant portion of the territories of the latter, and that is how Islam spread in those lands.

This is the context of my previous statement.

12. morbius

Huge nuclear arsenal of Russia and NATO ensure that no one would profit from an all-out war between them. Few small proxy wars here and there will not hurt their economy significantly, on the contrary.

13. Abdullah ibn Adam

It could, remember a certain proxy war that happened in the 80's in Afghanistan? Russia is trying to expand at the moment, and not everyone is willing to just let that happen.

14. morbius

I still can't stop laughing. :D:D

[​IMG]

15. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

Hahaha, this is funny. That is certainly a good characterization of the international knowledge, or lack there of, of most Americans. These are same people that think Obama is a secret Muslim fundamentalist who was sworn into office on the Qur'an.

16. Abdullah ibn Adam

Oh my God, that's just pathetic.

I have heard that some Americans don't even know where America is on the map. And some of the less-stupid ones probably think that Australia is up next to Switzerland.