How to benefit from this board

Discussion in 'Posting Policy and Best Practice' started by Expergefactionist, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Expergefactionist

Expergefactionist hmmm... Staff Member

As-Salamu ‘alaikum wa-rahmatullahi wa-barakatuh,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all to our new and improved message board, and I pray to Allah that He makes our participation more beneficial and fruitful.

The reason for writing this post is that over the past few months, I have noticed that many of the ongoing discussions appear to lack benefit, where sometimes issues, in which the participants are not well-grounded, are debated and subsequently opinions are attributed to Allah and His religion that He is free of. It has been over four years since we initiated this discussion board, and I feel that it has done little to build people as beneficial bodies in the Ummah, and their level of knowledge, understanding and action has remained stagnant, nor have they progressed in Tarbiyyah. Even though my participation has been minimal, I still bear myself responsible for this stagnation.

Therefore, in order to make our participation in this discussion board fruitful, and to raise our levels in knowledge, Tarbiyyah and actions, and other aspects of our religion and character that we might be lacking in, we have initiated a learning zone, where we will be studying 3 main subjects.

1) Aqeedah, by studying Usul al-Sunnah of Ahmad ibn Hanbal, along the lines of its explanation by Sheikh Ibn Jibreen
    2) Umdat al-Fiqh by Ibn Qudama al-Maqdisi al-Hanbali where we hope to cover the entire book from the book of Taharah to the book of Shahadat
    3) Arabic, and that is a must for those who want to study Fiqh, as Arabic plays a vital role in understanding Fiqhi issues.

Hence, please do take benefit from these opportunities on offer, and try your best to avoid delving into issues that have no or little benefit to any Islamic cause.

JazakumAllahu Khaira
    Was-Salamu ‘alaikum wa-Rahmatullahi wa-BarakatuH

2. sajedina

sajedina New Member

Assalamoalaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatohu

Jazak Allah khairen for all your efforts in propagating al Islam in its purity as commanded by and beloved to Allah SWT.

I have been surfing this and some other muslim sites, looking for a decent place to interact with good muslims and to learn more about this deen to strengthen imaan and awareness. All the other sites, I have discovered to my disgust, have been infiltrated by the kuffar or worse, their Islamic representatives, the modern muslim. This is the only site which has still retained some truly Islamic aspects, mashAllah, of which I have now become very jealously possessive and wish to guard at all costs.

So, brother, when you say you are responsible for the contents of this forum, I agree with you completely. I say that with a tremendous appreciation for the worthiness of your efforts, may Allah SWT reward you for them in the duniyah, the kabr and the akhirah, and also as a reminder. You have undertaken a very vital and necessary project for us muslims who are out of the loop, if you can understand what I am saying, and may Allah SWT guide you to fulfill this undertaking in the best of all best possible manners. Please take the following in that light, of a muslim who wants only the good for herself and the ummah.

QUOTE:
    “The reason why I say that, is because due to general ignorance amongst Muslims about issues of apostacy, many Muslims tend to withold from calling a person a Kafir unless he/she explicitly states: "I-AM-A-KAFIR"

May I give you another reason why muslims tend to withhold calling people apostates? Now, I am not a scholar and I am very aware of the fact that you have a much better understanding and knowledge of the deen than I do and so please do correct whatever of the following is incorrect. From my readings of the Quraan and the Sunnah of Rasulillah SAW, to declare one apostate, you need a recognized Quadhi who is well trained in this form of Islamic jurisprudence. He would have to explain and reason with the person, giving him full guidance as to why the person has turned kaafir, and then he has to give the mujrim three days in which to repent. If he does not, then he is an apostate and he has to be killed.

We have been strictly prohibited by Rasulillah SAW from calling one another kaafir and it is an aspect of imaan how one muslim treats the dignity and property of another muslim. Now, that does not mean that we non-scholarly muslims do not know or understand behaviour that leads to apostacy or that we do not know weak muslims or muslims who have become apostate in every meaning of the word. Indeed, we are so unfortunate that we are surrounded by them, alhamdulillah ale kulle haal.

But when I read about Rasulillah SAW and his companions, I do not see them in constant bickering and refutation with the hypocrites and the kuffar. Based upon my readings, I believe the best behaviour, as espoused by the best of human kind, Rasulillah SAW, was to deliver the message of Allah SWT, simply and succinctly, and in no way to engage in ‘discussion’ or argumentation, which is hated by Allah SWT and strictly prohibited by Rasulillah SAW.

Argumentation only leads to fitnah and fassad. On the same thread, sister Umm states:

“I listened to the LBC phone-in and those Muslims who did seek to challenge her - with the exception of one brother Masha'Allah - ended up agreeing with her baatil views, due to their ignorance of Islam.”

That thread was in reference to the so-called muslim woman who was re-interpreting the Holy Quraan. There have been others of her ilk on the previous forum who espoused just such blasphemy. (Reading some of these posts by these people also make me very suspicious that these are only kuffar who are posing as muslims to irritate the good muslims and beguile the weak ones.) Now I am wondering, in reference especially to your saying: “The reason for writing this post is that over the past few months, I have noticed that many of the ongoing discussions appear to lack benefit, where sometimes issues, in which the participants are not well-grounded, are debated and subsequently opinions are attributed to Allah and His religion that He is free of.”, whether all the all time and effort spent on such people are worth it and what is the benefit accrued from constant argumentation and refutation and rebuttal of such people? Then when we consider the behaviour of the best of human kind, Rasulillah SAW and of his sahabas and the pious among us today, those who are firm in seeking only the pleasure of Allah SWT and His love and acceptance, what do we find? And are these not the people we should be concentrating on? Why don’t we talk about these people, like the thread started by Sabr wa shukr with the “Quotes”, and should we not be concentrating on our own actions and words, what Allah SWT finds pleasing and what we have to change and improve?

Surah Al-Anam 6:68-70

“And when thou seest those who meddle with Our revelations, withdraw from them until they meddle with another topic. And if the devil cause thee to forget, sit not, after the remembrance, with the congregation of wrong-doers. Those who ward off (evil) are not accountable for them in aught, but the Reminder (must be given them) that haply they (too) may ward off (evil). And forsake those who take their religion for a pastime and a jest, and whom the life of the world beguileth. Remind (mankind) hereby lest a soul be destroyed by what it earneth. It hath beside Allah no protecting ally nor intercessor, and though it offer every compensation it will not be accepted from it. Those are they who perish by their own deserts. For them is drink of boiling water and a painful doom, because they disbelieved.”

Surah Al-Anam 6:112-114

Thus have We appointed unto every prophet an adversary - devils of humankind and jinn who inspire in one another plausible discourse through guile. If thy Lord willed, they would not do so; so leave them alone with their devising; That the hearts of those who believe not in the Hereafter may incline thereto, and that they may take pleasure therein, and that they may earn what they are earning.Shall I seek other than Allah for judge, when He it is Who hath revealed unto you (this) Scripture, fully explained? Those unto whom We gave the Scripture (aforetime) know that its is revealed from thy Lord in truth. So be not thou (O Muhammed) of the waverers”

Surah Al-A’araf 7:199-200

“Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad), and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant. And if a slander from the devil wound thee, then seek refuge in Allah. Lo! He is Hearer, Knower.”

Surah Al-Ankabout 29:46

“And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender.”

3. Expergefactionist

4. Sabr Wa Shukr

Sabr Wa Shukr Umm Yellow

Asalaamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Also whatever you post , remember that it will be either against you or for you on the day of judgment. We don't need to use wasteful words or comments. We don't need to mock or insult each other. We don't need to indulge in idle talk and jokes with the opposite gender. We need to be very cautious in what we say on here to each other. Especially with regards to the opposite gender, in which we know that we are not free from the fitnah that may occur.
    please before you post, think would I talk to a sister like this in real life? Would I talk to a brother like this in real life? its very easy to get carried away, and I ask Allaah to protect us and keep us upon the straight path. Aameen.

Wa'alaykumassalaam wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh

5. Aboo Mu'tasim

Aboo Mu'tasim New Member

As Salaamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Also, follow the evidences and proofs from the Qur'an and the Sunnah and those who correctly understand.

That means, no blind following of people. Including Safar al-Hawaali, Salmaan al-'Awdah, Haytham al-Haddad and Suhayb Hassan.

6. Abu Yusuf

Abu Yusuf New Member

As Salaamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Excellent Forum

Wasalaam

7. Mansoor Ali

Mansoor Ali New Member

As-Salaamu 'alaikum Abuz Zubair.

Muslims will inshaa Allaah benefit from this forum if Shaukat was banned from posting messages. He has spread his Shi'ite filth and Shi'ites are some of the greatest enemies of Islaam. Muslims who are ignorant about the Shi'ite beliefs are in danger of being deceived by Shaukat. Now this Shi'ite has posted roughly one sixth of all the messages in this forum. There is no sense in allowing him to spread his filth. You don't need to ask people if Shaukat should be banned, you should simply go ahead and do it. Otherwise you may be responsible for allowing kufr and deception to infect Muslims.

--- Mansoor Ali

8. ibn abbas

ibn abbas New Member

I agree with Mansoor Ali.

Someone ignorant of the shia rawafidh beliefs might get deceived and tricked by Shaukat the rafidhite.

He should be banned from spreading rawaTHICK.

9. intissar

intissar New Member

Dua corner

Salaam,

may we please get a dua corner ?

Thank you.

Intissar

10. at-Taalib

at-Taalib New Member

Bismillaahi'r-Rahmaani'r-Raheem.</p>

As-salaamu 'alaykum.</p>

Excuse me for my ignorance, but it seems to me that these lessons have stopped.  The last thing I see posted is, What we know of Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal.  On Monday, the 2nd of May, I will begin to go through the old lessons on at-Tahaarah ect... and complete the questions, inshaa a'llaah.  I will also join the lessons on 'aqeedah and 'arabic and look forward to our gatherings.  Jazaakumu'llaahu khayran.  </p>

11. Expergefactionist

'alaikum as-salaam,</p>

The last thing we covered is the chapter on Utensils.</p>

We will soon continue from where we left off, InshaaAllah</p>

wasalam</p>

12. AbuMubarak

AbuMubarak Well-Known Member

<div style="text-align: right;">السلام عليكم
    </div>
    i have clicked &quot;Arabic&quot; under Usergroups, and I still do not have access into that sub-forum

<div style="text-align: right;">من أبي مبارك
    </div>

13. maulima

maulima Guest

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakathu</p>

PLease can u tell me how i can speed up my pending membership of the fiqh usergroup. It has been two days now...and i was just beginning to wonder ig this was normal.</p>

PLease advise. Barakallahu feek</p>

14. maulima

maulima Guest

Catching up!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatulli wa barakatahu</p>

Alhumdulillah my membership into the user group has been accepted now and therefore my learning can proceed...</p>

Just a question though....i am just starting and obviously have missed work to make up...especially in the fiqh book....</p>

Do u recommend how i should make up those sections that i have missed already?</p>

Please advise.</p>

Jazakum allah khairun</p>

wa alaikum asalaam</p>

15. Expergefactionist

as-Salaamu 'Alaikum...</p>

I would suggest you begin by reading the introduction then going through what we have covered so far. Each section has a ‘Test Your Understanding’ section. Read the questions FIRST, and try to answer them yourself based on what you have understood from the course. Only then you should look at the answers to see how well you understood the topic.</p>

If you do not understand anything with respect to any of the topic, you may ask in the relevant threads.</p>

Please note that it is important that you cover the course in its proper order without jumping from topic to topic, in order to get a proper understanding of Fiqh.</p>

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum
    </p>

16. maulima

maulima Guest

assalamu alaikum</p>

barakAllahu feek!</p>

17. gag order

gag order Anti-Troll

I admit my September 11th  discussion should not be in the Jihad section of this forum. </p>

Can you please move the entire 22 pages to the politics section? </p>

i agree.</p>

18. abbccdd

abbccdd Proud Hawaalian Menace

Have the lessons stopped?

19. spoiledali

spoiledali New Member

Islam in General

AsSalaamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Excellent Forum
    I agree with Mansoor Ali.

tnkx