Breaking News! HSM Official Press Release: Abu Mansur Al-Amriki: A Candid Clarification (Official Twitter Acct)

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Abu_Mahamed, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Abu_Mahamed

Abu_Mahamed New Member

In the name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent

Abu Mansur Al-Amriki: A Candid Clarification

17-12-2012

In the last few months the story of Abu Mansur Al-Amriki has been playing out in the media circles, not only feeding the narrative of the Western media that deep ideological differences were beginning to devour the Mujahideen in Somalia, but also leaving the Muslim Ummah extraordinarily confounded with a string of video releases that have stimulated a wide range of diverse reactions.

In the light of these events, and for the sake of clarification of the intricacies surrounding the Abu Mansur saga, Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen hereby declares that Abu Mansur Al-Amriki does not, in any way, shape or form, represent the views of the Muhajireen in Somalia. The opinions expressed by Abu Mansur, the alleged frictions and the video releases are merely the results of personal grievances that stem purely from a narcissistic pursuit of fame and are far removed from the reality on the ground.

Following the footsteps of the Noble Messenger, Muhammad (may peace and blessings be upon him) and the pious predecessors before them, the Mujahideen remain faithful to the lofty aspirations of their faith, strengthened by the bond of brotherhood, motivated by the rewards of altruistic self-sacrifice for their Muhajireen brothers and their path illuminated by the creed of Al Walaa-Wal-Baraa (Alliance and Enmity). The Jihadi theatre nevertheless accommodates people of all sorts. Some, above others, occasionally rise to prominence often with little merit save for their uniqueness, and contrary to portrait of the grand strategist, recruiter and fund-raiser portrayed by the Western media, Abu Mansur Al-Amriki does not hold any position of authority within Harakat Al-Shabaab Al Mujahideen.

Despite their fair share of surprise at the turn of events, however, the Mujahideen did not immediately rush to reprimand him, but instead saw it appropriate to lean towards the noble path of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in resolving the situation: that is Naseeha or giving advice to the brother.

To err is human, but Islamic Shari’ah has carved for us a clearly defined path for dealing with disputes should they arise and remedying the mistakes of our fellow Muslim brothers. For months the Mujahideen have been offering advice to Abu Mansur in private, without publicly rebuking him, employing every possible avenue to veil his faults, overlook his shortcomings and conceal the egregious errors he’d committed from the eyes of the Muslim Ummah, in the hope that Allah would guide him and us to the path of righteousness; for it remains obligatory upon the Muslims to offer sound advice to their brothers in religion, in the light of the Qur’an and Sunnah, and guide them towards that which is righteous. It is regrettable, however, that all such efforts have been fruitless despite the numerous attempts. Therefore, when a person rejects the sincere advice of his brothers in private, it becomes religiously and morally incumbent upon the Mujahideen to publicly advise the Muslim Ummah of his obstinacy and insistence on sowing disunity among the vanguards of this Ummah.

The series of video releases - one in March when the Kuffar were preparing to invade the Islamic Administrations in Lower Shabeelle region and another in October just after the Kenyans had invaded the port city of Kismayo, in Lower Jubba region - were intended to serve a broader purpose. Hence, the timing of the releases and the convergence of the entire East African nations upon the Mujahideen were not entirely coincidental occurrences but a calculated attempt to draw attention to the alleged voices of dissent within the ranks of the Mujahideen at a time when they were most likely to be under pressure from their enemies so as to cultivate the destructive seeds of disunity. But Allah is the best disposer of all affairs; the seeds failed to germinate ‘and the evil plot encompasses only him who makes it.’

We sincerely apologise to the Muslim Ummah in general and our Mujahideen brothers in all the fields of Jihad in particular for having to witness such childish petulance in one of the theatres of Jihad, reminding them that the caravan of Jihad cannot and will not, Insha-Allah, be derailed from its tracks or the spirit of this great Ummah dampened by the superficial allegations, frivolous ramblings and whimsical desires of those who wish to enhance their image at the price of Jihad and the Mujahideen, spreading discord and disunity in the process.

Press Office

Harakat Al-Shabaab Al Mujahideen

2. Ibn Nabih

Ibn Nabih w l a k f o n t â n

3. Umm DJ-N

Umm DJ-N Patience

With that, I don't think anyone needs to add any more.

May Allah SWT unite us upon the truth.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    surat_an_nisa_74_100 likes this.
  4. Ibn Nabih

Am I wrong, or does one get the feeling that they're insinuating that Abu Mansur is/has been colluding with the invading forces, or at least aiding them in their propaganda war, which would render him more or less a muharib and/or apostate?

abuhannah likes this.
  5. ahmad10

ahmad10 حسبي الله ونعم الوكيل

Al-Salamu `Alaykum Wa Rahmatu 'Llahi Wa BarakaTuhu,

People are gonna do it anyways...let's just try to be balanced.

I am actually sort of glad at this statement. It, in an inexplicably crazy way, makes me happy for Abu Mansur's safety.

It seems to me that he was clearly exaggerating his fears (or maybe he just was under a wrong impression)...Allah (subhana wa ta ala) knows best.

What it seems to me rather, is that it took HSM many months to reply to a video wherein he was saying he was going to die...and what was the response?

No he wasn't killed, alhamduliLlah. But he was what I like to call 'Refuted IA style in real life.' It almost makes me laugh...Reading it made me think of numerous writers and posts here on IA.

In any case, alhamduliLlah, he is still alive and from what it seems - no one wants to kill him. Hopefully everything works itself out, and they patch up their issues.

Ameen.

And to all those who think that this is some crazy event or schism in Muslim history that will change the course of, well, anything really - then I've got news for you - It won't, and to put it bluntly - it's not a big deal. Stuff like this happens between brothers. This is no different from hundreds of debates between brothers on IA which creates grudges that last for years...only this is played out in real life.

I just pray that whatever the issue(s) may be...that the brothers find a way to work it out, and by the will of Allah (subhana wa ta ala) continue and strengthen their united stand and fight against all those who choose to invade, oppress, or in any way shape or form hurt the true Muslim servants of Allah (subhana wa ta ala).

6. ahmad10

No, not Abu Mansur. They're not insinuating that (although they could have been more clear in the matter). He just starred in the videos - they weren't released by him.

That's why he was advised and not executed to begin with. The videos were actually released by (most likely) the journalist who claimed he was in contact with Amriki (he must have gotten the recordings from him earlier and chose to release it during those times of tension). This person is the one whom they are most likely blaming for being part of this war against them.

Abu Mansur, despite his choice to make that video, would never betray the Jihad there (in his own words from his book around that time) and the issues between them are personal, not issues of treason.

7. Abu Idris Al-Albani

Abu Idris Al-Albani New Member

One day I'm reading he is one of the leaders of HSM. A great leader, fighter and role model. Next day I'm hearing he is hungry for fame, power and has no authority with HSM.

Politics.

Plum, Wild Wild West and Ibn Nabih like this.
  8. abumuwahid

abumuwahid <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

I am quite surprised that you are so cynical.Read the article again.

It is more than clear that HSM, were very patient with the brother and took a long time before they issued this statement.

surat_an_nisa_74_100 likes this.
  9. Ibn Nabih

Do you have any source or proof that he 'just starred in the videos' and didn't release them? Doesn't he (or used to, not sure) have a twitter account where he used to post slight remarks against HSM and admitting that the videos were from him and so on?

Look at this quote from the HSM article: "The opinions expressed by Abu Mansur, the alleged frictions and the video releases are merely the results of personal grievances[...]" which sounds pretty much like they put the 'blame' of releasing the videos on Abu Mansur.

10. abumuwahid

There is a discontinuity between filming a video and releasing it on the internet or to the media.

11. Umm DJ-N

Umm DJ-N Patience

I just don't see the point in everyone giving their opinion on this issue. The statement is concise, and you can tell the words have been chosen carefully. may Allah SWT reward whoever wrote that.

However, as soon as I read it, I knew people would ask a million more questions. It seems only 150 pg refutations silence some people. Every single question you have will not be answered. Your curiosity will not be completely satisfied. This is not a tv drama...

I'm not saying HSM were wrong in releasing this, I'm saying we are wrong in continuing to question something that we have no real clue about. Read what you will into the statement, but please don't jump to assumptions, or conclusions based on YOUR interpretation of the statement.

Basically, stop the apostate talk, when its not even in the statement, nor is anything related to it.

Musaafira and Abu Saalehah like this.
  12. Ibn Nabih

Yes, and...?

If Abu Mansur was able to record a video message, and is able to have a twitter and facebook account (which was closed), then why wouldn't he be able to upload a short video on youtube? (where the videos first originated from)

13. Umm DJ-N

Umm DJ-N Patience

sorry, but you feel the need to question this why exactly?

Also, I don't think this is anything like an IA refutation, which are usually filled with a barrage of personal insults.

14. ahmad10

Yes, just go read the comments by the person who released the videos on their YouTube page, and the videos themselves. He clearly identifies himself as someone other than Abu Mansur.

I have not heard of this...this requires proof on your part, akhi. The slight remarks against HSM, not the admitting to the videos being him (which didn't require any admitting at all...unless you're talking about admitting that he released them - which is something you have to prove, and I don't think that is the case - otherwise it would be a contradiction to the comments on the videos).

Yes, hence why I said they could have stated it better. And more or less, I don't blame them for blaming him for the release of the videos - even though he did not. He was still the one who recorded all that stuff and gave it/let it get into the hands of the one who released it - whatever Abu Mansur's intentions may have been.

I am not saying he's the one at fault here, since I don't know...but what I am trying to say is that this is one of those gray issues which we'll never really know. So to say that either Abu Mansur deserves to be executed is an extreme and to say that HSM is similar to the evil shadowy organizations wherein they kill their own because they are just evil - as portrayed in Hollywood movies - is also another extreme.

15. abumuwahid

It's quite clear that the author of the press release is making the point that Abu Mansur tried to sow the seeds of disunity.

This was quite a strong worded statement against him.

16. ahmad10

I see your point sister, but this is IA. We're known for that.

Not even that. Refutations for us is like feeding a stray animal. Our thirst will never be satiated.

It's the religiously motivated nerd-activist's replacement.

On a more serious note, I completely agree here.

It seems like people want this to be a serious matter of dispute that disunites our brothers in Somalia so that some ambiguous point can be proven about the lack of order and maturity or a level of incapability of our Jihadi brothers in these lands.

No dig here at you, akhi Ibn Nabih - as I see eye to eye with you on many of these points - but generally speaking, I think that if we can continue to make so many excuses for say, the likes of Dr. Morsi and Ikhwan in Egypt, then we can afford to do the same with the brothers here. I think they deserve the same amount of academic integrity and to be put on a similar scale of our standards - to be judged in a positive light as much as they are deserving and to be made excuses for as they are our brothers, just like we do for Dr. Morsi (or at least, as many of us do).

17. Umm DJ-N

Umm DJ-N Patience

Rule 101- making excuses for fellow muslims only extends to those who take part in democracy. After all, democracy is the way to success.

wurood, 'Umar, Musaafira and 2 others like this.
  18. Abu_Mahamed

Abu_Mahamed New Member

Its very clear abu mansur released the video himself , he even gave an interview to an American TV. and wrote a book and lecture series title Khilafa. on the same youtube chanel. "SomaliMuhajirWarrior" and the handler of his twitter account also brings lates picture/news about the brother. brother HSM sent statement when he released the first video(go back and read it carefully) . also HSM is well known jihadi group who are under alqacida and SH.ayman al dhawahiri. so we cannot take the word of one guy and blame the mujahidiin for faults. unless again you are against their manhaj. we fully trust HSM to carefully look at the sittuation of this brother and make proper decision about him.

jzkallah kheer

19. Salih Al-Bosni

Salih Al-Bosni Abu sho?

The guy is a leader, not a follower, that's just his personality. So I expect issues and differences.

20. abumuwahid

You can be a leader and a follower at the same time.

There were issues with Khalid Ibn Al Walid (RA) too but it was sorted out in the best possible manner.