HT's top Mujtahid joins Qulliam

Discussion in 'Identity, Activism and Unity' started by asharee_salafi, Apr 20, 2008.

1. asharee_salafi

asharee_salafi New Member

Assalaam alaykum,

This is Rashad Ali, known by HT to be a Mujtahid Mutlaq, he was regarded as atop scholar and now he is a much for islamiyya shaksiyya!

This is the problem with declaring anyone who knows two words of arabic a mujtahid.
  2. Mr GQ

Mr GQ <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Or one who knows a thing or two about jihaad.
  3. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

This is what happens when your have separated yourself the true Islamic intellectual tradition. Hizb at-Tahrir, which has given itself over to purely political objectives, as abandoned the foundations of Islam (aqidah, fiqh, etc), so it doesn't take much for someone in this political environment to take the next step and shed what little Islamic trappings that Hizb at-Tahrir has left.

I know many call Hizb at-Tahrir a Mutazil'i organization, but even the classical Mutazil'i had some grounding in the Islamic sciences, something which Hizb at-Tahrir does not. Instead they have their grounding in the political methodologies of the Marxists and other leftist revolutionary, utopian groups. As such, to see that people like "Ed" Hussein, Hassan Butt (from the neo-Tahriri Muhajiroun), Maajid Nawaf, and other such morally and intellectual bankrupt scum coming out of Hizb at-Tahrir and related organizations is of little surprise.
  4. IbnShaykh

IbnShaykh 'Mr Gangster Man'

As Salaam 3alaikum,

He was preaching at a lecture I was at and my teacher began to challenge him. He explicitly asked him 'did you or are you a mujtahid mutalaq' and he laughed and said no and I have never claimed this. He also challenged him on a number of other things such as democracy and homsexuality, and he apparently was surprised to be questioned on these things, or was playing dumb.

Allaahu Alaam I have heard these things said about him, and I saw it from his own lips him denying it. Also those who were close to him said he was their mujatahid, but apparently againa according to his own words he never claimed this.

He got ripped apart, as my teacher had heard similiar things about him and was eager to see if it was true, and slowly he began to challenge him more and more on different issues. He for example claimed certain things about Shawkani and was refuted and as I say he seemed rather disinterested in the discussion and was trying to brush off those challenging him either to avoid it or due to the fact he was ignorant of that which people attribute to him and was surprised.

This is his blog:

Also a short talk of his:
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  5. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

It would seem that he is just looking to ride the same gravy train that "Ed" Hussein has been a passenger on. Money, selling books, and media appearances, these are truly diseased people who will do or say anything to get a little attention.
  6. Die for Allah

Die for Allah TIOCFAIDH AR LA

I never liked this guy since the time I heard him say salafis are Idol worshipers,that they/we worship an Idol who sits on a chair.

He said this in response to a question about the asma wa sifat and the salafi/sunni understanding/belief of them.

This was a while ago when I was still not sure about the matter and didnt have much knowledge on the matter(not that I have much knowledge now)but I remained silent because I was clueless,even though his statement made me feel uneasy.

InshaAllah if I ever meet him again I will confront him about it,I think Ill ask him why he made mass takfir of salafis? and take it from there.

7. IbnShaykh

IbnShaykh 'Mr Gangster Man'

Good luck bro he just brushed us off as if we were making stuff up on the spot he has a very selective memory
  8. Yasir

Yasir لك الله يا مهبط الوحي

9. hifdh

hifdh New Member

I'm just waiting for the likes of Imran Waheed, Qasim Kawarij and Sajad Khan to drop their HT addiction and embrace something else and then this crippled HT BRITAIN CELL will be completely hollowed out.
  10. Abu Abdallah al-Bulghari

Abu Abdallah al-Bulghari <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

11. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

HT is turning into a big joke wherever they are.
  12. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

I notice these guys keep trying to link themselves with Sh. 'Abdullah bin Bayyah. Can anyone verify this or is it just a cynical attempt on part of Ed and his cronies to try to hijack the name of a respected and prominent scholar to push their own agenda (personally, I suspect the latter)?

And why do these guys keep trying to associate themselves with the whole "traditional Islam" scene? According to the standards set by Eddy and his ilk people like Nuh Keller and Zayd Shakir would fall under the category of "Islamists."
  13. FlagBearer

FlagBearer Allow the drama...

AsSalaamu 'Alaykum

Is Shaykh ibn Bayyah even aware that there exists such a pitiful organisation as the Quilliam Foundation? As much as Ed and Co would like people to believe, no one really knows about them, and I find it hard to fathom that any respectable scholor would back these guys. This also goes for Quilliam's relationship with those at Zaytuna; I can't imagine them paying attention to a couple of ex HTBritain attention seekers.

The same way I think that if Shaykh Abdullah Quilliam were alive today, he'd slaughter them (metaphorically) for using his name to promote such baatil.

Wa 'Alaykum asSalaam
  14. Traveler

Traveler New Member

Assalamu alaikum

Perhaps literally, had there been an Islamic State.
  15. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

I honestly had no idea what he was trying to say. Just another example of someone using big words hoping that it will convince people that he has something of value to say. The guy clearly hadn't a clue what he was rambling on about. So, yes, pseudo-intellectualism is a wholly appropriate charge to accuse him of.
  16. Abu Hafsa

Abu Hafsa New Member

Man i came across a blogspot link entitled quilliam exposed, i dont want to post it here as it has some not so nice pics, but states the following. Just though i bring it to yours attention as its the topic of discussion.

17. Yasir

Yasir لك الله يا مهبط الوحي

This morning’s Telegraph carried a story that Jemima Khan has “received death threats from Muslim extremists…”
    Source: Telegraph
  18. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

Just about any public figure will receive death threat (overt or veiled), there is nothing shocking or surprising there. If you go to some of those rabid neocon blogs you will see them making veiled death threats against anyone they perceive as being an opponent of their ideology (think of the vitreous comments hurled at the Archbishop of Canterbury after his shari'ah remarks), so Mrs. Khan hasn't really brought to light anything new. Personally I don't see any point in making death threats against these types of people, as it would imply they are actually to be taken seriously. It is akin to getting upset because a dog barked at you. I thinking insulting and mocking them is a much more appropriate response, as they are a crowd of attention-whores and buffoons, and deserve little else. Threats of violence against these types of people just makes them look like heroes standing up against violence extremism (think of Salman Rushdie in the 1980's).
  19. Abu Abdallah al-Bulghari

Abu Abdallah al-Bulghari <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

The only harmony could be achieved when West will be a part of Khalifate, all the Christians and Jews will be paying Jizya, and there will be no single atheist, agnostic, pagan, Bhuddist, etc. left in the West.

And Westerners will be under protection of Muslims, of course.

THAT is harmony.
  20. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

this guy is lying and he is known for it.

When I left HT i had 2 discussions with the special one and here are some of his batil statements:

"Non-of the salaf said it is was kufr to say the Qur'an is created"

"The only thing qati'e about punishment of the grave is that it isn't qati'e"

"there are only 12 ahadith about Isa(as) and they all talk a out different things"

When I asked him if he was a mujtahid he said:

"it is up the the mujtahideen to decide if he was a mujtahid" (is this the kalaam of one who thinks he is a muqallid?)

When I spoke to his collegue from Quillium Ashraf al-Hoque, I remember we would laugh at this claim of ijtihad an ashraf himself asked rashad if he was mujtahid and the response was "that has been said about me yes"

to another brother when asked he said he "believes he is beyond taqleed" or something like that.

let him deny what he wants, I remember me, ashraf, maajid and another brother were in a bookshop a few years ago looking at the arabic books and ashraf himself said imagine how many books rashad must have as he is a mujtahid!

Even maajid in an email said to me:

btw the blog is not his
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008