I'm late for Jumah salat.......

Discussion in 'Islamic Law' started by Tisatashar, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Tisatashar

Tisatashar <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Assalamu alaykom

A scenario....... Arrive late at masjid and either Jumah Salat has finished or I need wudu & by the time I'm ready jama'ah salat is over. Some have left & some are doing sunnah. Look around....... no sign of a late jama'ah salat under way anywhere. I'm on my own.

What do I do..... 2 rak'ats as per Jummah or regulation Thuhr: 4 rak'ats?

2. Abu_Umar

Abu_Umar Member

As you say: Jum'ah is over.

Pray Dhuhr.

Better still, get there EARLY. :)

3. abumuwahid

abumuwahid <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Good question.

We have all been in this situation. I spoke to a brother who prays 2 rakats. Says that there is no evidence for four.

4. Ayman bin Khaled

Ayman bin Khaled الفقير الى الله

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is agreed on by scholars of Islam that whoever miss the Salaat of Juma'a then he is obligated to pray as Dhuhr. Additionally, who does not catch it due to invalid excuse then he committed a sin that he need to repent from and never be late on the Juma'a again.

For Further reading and see the evidences on this matter, view the following link

Islam Question and Answer - How should a person who has missed Jumu’ah pray?

Wallahu A'lam

5. Tisatashar

Wa alayka assalam Ayman.

A clarification plz.

You quote:
    Q & A use only e.g. "Whoever misses Juma'a...." Meaning the word salat is left out.

The masjid I attend for Juma'a is soofy-ish. I don't like / disagree with some things the imam says in Khutbah. So much so, I wait outside until time for salat. The masjid I prefer is 30 minutes travelling away, so that's an over an hour just for travelling. It's not practical.

Do the hadiths/ulema mean Juma'a salat or both khutbah & salat?

6. Ayman bin Khaled

They mean the Salaat of Juma'a which they refer to as Juma'a or Salaat of Juma'a.

Missing the Khutba in purpose is a sin and whoever miss it with a valid excuse then he is excused. That said, you need to attend the Khutba regardless what your stand against the Imam.

Wallahu A'lam

7. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum

I read somewhere that if you miss three consecutive jum'ah prayers you have to retake your shahadah, but I have not seen any proof for this. Is it true?

8. Tisatashar

If the Imam is spruking from the mimbah that our mujahideen are not from Islam & work for the CIA & Mossad and at the same time calls for wala to the kuffaar it seems odd that if I refuse to listen by sitting outside the masjid Allah SWT will record this against me. Muhammad SAWS said something like when the end time troubles come buy some goats & sheep & go live alone in the mountains. ( my ruff recollection of hadith - NOT a QUOTE). That'd cancel all your jummahs due to the tyranny of distance.

Looks like more research is required. I wonder if the sahabah & tabi'een ever boycotted the khutbahs of the bad rulers and governors?

9. Ayman bin Khaled

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

That is a say with no proof and never come across any scholar who says so. However, the hadeeth states that whoever miss the Jum'aa three consecutive times then Allah seal on his heart and the Hadeeth is in the Sahih.

wallahu A'lam

10. Ayman bin Khaled

My beloved brother,

Even if he said all that. You still obligated to attend the Khutba that is your duty.

The creed of Ahlu Al-Sunnah is to pray behind every Muslims even if he was Fasiq or oppressor. You should have asked people of knowledge before acting on your own and that is something that every muslims need to do otherwise they will fall into major sins without realizing so as it just happened to you.

So you have to attend the Khutba and ask people of knowledge from now on inshallah when you come situation that require you to do something about it.

Barak Allahu feekum

11. Tisatashar

Wa alaykom salam,

O.K. I concede. I'll sit in the masjid. May Allah forgive my past boycott and protect my heart from the baatil.