InshAllah or In shaa Allah?

Discussion in 'Helpers' Corner' started by Scented Blood, May 17, 2011.

1. Scented Blood

Scented Blood Abu Peanut

I got this in a text last night. What say you all?

2. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

I always write it as inshaa Allah

3. Scented Blood

Scented Blood Abu Peanut

Any of the ze arabic speaking peeps shed any light here?

Shwarms. Just watched Malcom X again. Top movie.

4. IbnMuhammed

IbnMuhammed Human

what about insh'Allah?

5. Qwerty

Qwerty Please change user title

I stopped using the ' in insha'Allah because I was told that its used usually before an 'ayn.

6. Fajr

Fajr ذكرى للعابدين

The Arabic is: إنْ شَاءَ اللهُ so if someone wants to be really specific, they can write it as 3 separate words: In Sha' Allah. The same for Ma Sha' Allah.

But I think the moment you transliterate an Arabic phrase, you're bound to get little mistakes here and there anyway. But they can't really be classified as mistakes so long as the person who's reading it understands where you're coming from (and no-one will understand 'inshallah' or 'inshaAllah' to mean 'create Allah', well hopefully not!)

'Create Allah' would be: إنشَأِ اللهَ in case anyone is interested (which would have to be transliterated to: insha'illah, or insha'i'Allah - which is different to the way people write insha'Allah).

I guess it's the same story for double vowels, in fact, it's probably more problematic there!

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  7. Scented Blood

Scented Blood Abu Peanut

I just got this from dear dear brother a-maze. No idea why he didnt post it here..

JazakAllah khair. Does this mean we cant write InshAllah or we shouldnt write inshAllah or there is no problem with joining the three?

8. Scented Blood

Scented Blood Abu Peanut

Just saw sister Fajr's post. JazakAllah khair.

9. AnonyMousey

AnonyMousey Student of Life

I always go with "Insha'Allah"

10. Fajr

Fajr ذكرى للعابدين

The thing is, when speaking Arabic, you join words whenever they can be joined. And here, the sha' part is joined to 'Allah' so it sounds like: In Sha'Allah.

In effect, you can either write things down as they sound or as they are written, choice is yours.

11. Scented Blood

Scented Blood Abu Peanut

I had visions of brothers making takfeer on each other over the text!

12. Abu Idris Al-Albani

Abu Idris Al-Albani New Member

InshaaAllah.

13. islam4u

islam4u New Member

If when I try and interpret an Arabic Word into English and it is spelt wrong why does it matter when my intentions are pure?

This is the nature of the complex phonetics in Arabic language, even your mates solution is wrong. If it bothers people so much why not request to have the Arabic text in the "emotion icon" menu?

14. Ismail Ibrahim

Ismail Ibrahim Formerly Harris Hammam

The Arabic is إن شاء الله

The English transliteration would be, as it is pronounced, In Shā'a llāh

The Hamzah you are pronouncing in the middle is not from the beginning of the word Allah;, rather it is from the end of شاء.

The Hamzatul Wasl in the beginning of the word "Allah" is not pronounced here since it has occurred in the middle of a sentence.

I added an 'a' after the Hamzah (represented by the ' sign), as the is the Fatha on the Hamzah of شاء.

That is one of the better ways. If you are lazy and don't want to locate the special letters, then just type:

In Sha'a llah,

or as one English word

Insha'allah.

15. Ismail Ibrahim

Ismail Ibrahim Formerly Harris Hammam

That's another way to write it. In this sense, you are stopping (Waqf) on each word. That would make it In + Shaa' + Allah. The Hamzatul Wasl on Allah would be written (although not pronounced) because in writing, you stopped on Shaa'.

That's wrong. Why separate Allah, but not In from Shaa'a?

That's wrong. Sorry. No need for ' after Insh. Doesn't make sense.

That's wrong. Why the Caps Lock on the A?

That's wrong. There is no indication of a Hamzah in the middle. You need ' in the middle. And the caps lock is wrong, since it is not the Hamzah of Allah; but rather it is the Hamza of شاء that has a Fatha, hence shaa'a, or shā'a, or simply sha'a.

Sorry guys. I'm a bit specific.

16. Ibn Nabih

Ibn Nabih w l a k f o n t â n

I think it's due to showing respect to the "word" (lafdh al-jalala) Allah.

17. Al Jazairi

Al Jazairi نناديكم و لكن من يجيب؟

There is a reason I adopted using inSha'a ALLAH, Capitalization does it for me.

18. islam4u

islam4u New Member

But say if I have a brummy accent it will still be pronounced all funny :p

19. Abu Hurairah

Abu Hurairah Well-Known Member

That's nonsense - unless you're going to quote ijma' on transliteration.

I don't think 'inshAllah' would be correct though as you're not representing either the alif or hamzah.

20. *Jannah

*Jannah New Member

i mix both, i say inshaAllah