Iraq child trafficking case study: 'He handed the boy over for £300'

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by AbuUsama, Apr 20, 2009.

1. AbuUsama

AbuUsama New Member

Source : Case study: Child trafficking in Iraq | World news | The Guardian
  2. godf

godf <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Aren't parents allowed to sell their children under Sharia?
  3. IbnShaykh

IbnShaykh 'Mr Gangster Man'

God sake, where did you find that from?

Either you are a wind up merchant or just make stupid assumptions about Islaam in your ignorance.

No you cannot.

Note the .<<<< full stop there also known as 'end of this discussion as it is stupid'.
  4. godf

As part of the discussion about Islam allowing slaves, one of the justifications used was that it made sense for some very poor families to sell their children for money. Which seems to have been what's happened here. I'm only going by people's posts though, and my own reading on the subject did not mention it.
  5. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

What a stupid question.

Anyway back to the story, were they rafidha or something? This is just crazy, selling your child.
  6. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

Can you link us to the post where it was said?
  7. IbnShaykh

IbnShaykh 'Mr Gangster Man'

What? From selling slaves to selling your own kids?
  8. godf

9. Umm Ahmed

Umm Ahmed 2C oursels as ithers C us

I gave an example of how people can become slaves through poverty, which happens in poor country's in order to eat.
    I do not know if it's allowed Islamicly.
    If someone becomes a slave they can buy their freedom if their master allows it. And Abu Bakr bought and freed slaves.
    In no way does what I mentioned that happened in countries where they were poor, equate with what's happening in Iraq
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  10. nomad

nomad muslim female

the story was in the guardian, so we dont assume its true, there were thousands of children kidnapped in the war, so presumably excuses from poor orphan child on the roadside, to nasty father sells his son stories will appear to cover up the kidnapping and child trafikers hayday.