Islam for Arabs and Asians only?

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by journeyman, Mar 16, 2013.

1. journeyman

journeyman Banned

Anyone know why we've completely failed in Latin America and Africa's hinterlands?

What's the problem and how do we confront this elephant in the room? Is it the superiority of some of our own over others?

How come we've failed to win hearts and minds of people from these regions?

I rarely see threads discussing Islam in these regions here, its always Asia and Arabia perhaprs we should put more emphasis on other regions such as Brazil,Papua New Guinea, Bolivia, Central Africa Republic, etc.

Salamat likes this.
  2. Ground

Ground New Member

I'm from Africa and I haven't got a clue what this is all about and how it relates to the forum. We only talk about Asia and the Arab world here because of the political situations there, and if you look around you'll notice that this sub-section is all about political things. I'm left to conclude that you don't have a case for a topic here. Please let us know when Ansar al-Papua New Guinea mujahideen group is declared.

3. paulpavlofski

paulpavlofski <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

The problem is that all religions are actually man made therefore are only spread by mankind.
    Places like Africa, America, Australia, Canada and Brazil still have mainly a christian majority because they were first colonized by christian people, not Muslim people.
    People don't usually convert to a religion because you ask them nicely a religious group normally has to threaten the lives or afterlives, or save the lives (via charity) of people in order to create converts.
    The reason why Ansar al-Papua New Guinea mujahideen group hasn't been declared is that muslim people haven't colonized or successfully converted them, there could be no other realistic means of them turning to islam because religion is man made, if there's no established communication between muslim people and another group of people there is no chance this group will become muslims.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  4. Abu Hawwa

Abu Hawwa Formerly 'LionofIslam'

I don't know how you lead to the conclusion that because religions are man made that there is no other realistic means to get to them. So is your criteria of judging a religion to not be man made that it should be propagated? It just goes to show you, not all atheists are as logical as they try to seem to be. You are still coming with the wrong perceptions of Islam and every time we correct your mistakes, you still come with the same nonsense and cliches. Do us a favor, read every post of the rebuttals and refutations made towards you before posting anything else in this thread because it seems that you are only giving and not getting.

5. paulpavlofski

You just assumed that my criteria for a religion to not be man made it must be propagated. Just goes to show you some muslims aren't logical and base assumptions on nothing.

6. paulpavlofski

You got it the wrong way around, Muslims also agree with me that there are no realistic means of religion being spread around the world except by mankind. Since the quran can't walk by itself and Muhammad was the last messenger.
    The correct wording should have been that I have come to the conclusion that it's because there are no religions that aren't spread by mankind that I believe that religion is man made.
    Just to clarify my conclusion is that religion is man made because all religion is spread by man, not that because religion is man made that is has to be spread by man. I thought it was common knowledge that religion had to be spread by man but I could be wrong.

7. samix

samix New Member

Did the Muslim armies ever colonize south east Asian countries ? Why are there Muslims in countries like Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei ? What Muslim mujaheddin are currently colonizing the western and European countries that many from the local population are accepting Islam ?

SixthMughal and Abu Hawwa like this.
  8. paulpavlofski

I don't know the answer to any of these questions but i do know that whoever has been converted was converted by another person telling them about Islam. Which was my main point.
    The original question asked by the thread poster was why are so many countries mainly Christian.
    My answer was because of christian colonization, like you have shown Islam hasn't had as much of a history of colonization therefore hasn't spread as much as Christianity in the past. The most effective way in the past of spreading a religion was to conquer and enslave the people of a country then convert them. Examples would be native americans, africans, and australians and so on.

9. asd47

asd47 Active Member

Are you now seriously trying suggest a reason Muslims haven't given dawah to certain people is because they thought they were ethnically superior to them?

JustAnotherAnas likes this.
  10. Abu Hawwa

Abu Hawwa Formerly 'LionofIslam'

I apologize I meant "shouldn't" be propagated. That is why i've read from your statement here

This to me seems that your stating that any religion that is propagated is man made, that a religion of Allah has to come to the people "naturally" if you just wanted to state that religion is man made just for the hell of it than the addition of stating that is irrelevant and you need to stick to the topic. Religion is propagated by man, that doesn't make it man made nor does the propagation of religion show that it's man made.

11. ad-Duha

ad-Duha New Member

Why we failed in x/y/z ..stop moaning.

Making a thread about it wont necessarily change the actual situation, you've made a thread.

Is your greivance genuinely about the Latin American countries, or your peceived sense of bias on this forum? The latter is simply childish and such paranoia is crippling. A place is only a product of the individuals who make it.

12. paulpavlofski

I am sticking to the topic of the thread pretty fine i think. The topic is why has Islam not spread in africa and latin america as much. My point is that it's because religion is man made and has spread along with man, or has just been created by man out of personal desires. In parts of latin america they have actually made up in their imagination gods of drug smuggling, who they pray to for good look when trying to smuggle drugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

Plus islam also has Christianty to compete with which because of colonization has spread its religion far and wide by conquering and enslaving countries and then converting them.

13. JustAnotherAnas

JustAnotherAnas New Member

So the other things that have spread further than religion are not man made??? Is that the criterion to judge what is and what is not man made??? The simple answer to the original question is: Muslims are to blame for such. Simple.

Abu Hawwa likes this.
  14. Idol Worshipper

Idol Worshipper New Member

Don't the High Class Arab Muslims look down on the Converts i.e. Afghan Muslims, Pakistani Muslims, Indian Muslims, Bangladeshi Muslims, Indonesian Muslims, Philippine Muslims as Low Class?

15. Idol Worshipper

Idol Worshipper New Member

Isn't your Duty as a Slave of Allah to spread Allah's and PBUH's message to entire Humanity through Dawah?

Is there anything Embarrassing for you in this?

16. paulpavlofski

Things that have spread further than religion? You have to explain what you mean when you say spread further than religion and give examples I don't know what you mean by spread. When I talk about religions spreading i mean they spread via cultures. By trade, colonization, political influence and so on, what do you mean when you say things that have spread further than religion?

17. samix

samix New Member

Paul your point is moot anything that humans deal with with spreads that way, so I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

18. paulpavlofski

I've repeated my point over and over and you still don't get it. I'm simply answering the question to the thread when I explain why Islam hasn't spread as much as christianity in latin america and africa.
    Next I was just asking a question Sunnih who said
    "So things which spread further than religion are not man made?????"
    I don't understand what this means.
    I don't actually understand what you mean either when you say you don't get my point, there isn't really a point, religion spreads with culture therefore the culture that colonizes the most ground will convert the most people. Obviously this isn't the only way, islam and christianity have also spread via trade routes and charity work and so on.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  19. paulpavlofski

Also don't muslims believe the culture actually doesn't spread religion? Since every country has had a messenger according to Islam?
    Therefore every country should have had at least some knowledge of islam before cultures began to spread religion.

20. JustAnotherAnas

JustAnotherAnas New Member

The "High Class" Muslims don't. The High Class Arabs do so even towards their own fellow Arabs. So what is the point???