Islam VS Rastafarianism

Discussion in 'Islam in General' started by Awakened, May 30, 2009.

1. Awakened

Awakened New Member

Has anyone ever come across a debate between a rastafaraite and a muslim? I ask because ive been watching the video below which is a debate/interview between a christian tv presenter and a rastafarian called 'Mutabaruka', lol.

The rastas arguments seem so weak and im sure a muslim could easily refute them, as i was watching i was thinking of replies in my head.

any ex-rastas on the forum please share your thoughts and bun up the place!
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  2. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

Yaa man me nah say nutin bout da ting dem, me just wanna say dis ding and dem dat... Ya 'ear me nah? Seen!!!!
  3. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

Rastafarians worship the Ethiopian habashi emperor Haile Selassie:

"Rastafari" comes from the words Ras (I think this means "prince" in Amhara) and Tafari (name of Haile Selassie before he was crowned emperor).

They believe that he was god, Jesus was his son and that they themselves are the holy spirit lol. You can just imagine how easy that would be to tear up.
  4. abuhannah

abuhannah Well-Known Member

I lived in a rasta household in my twenties,I am still well versed in its ways,lived an Ital lfe,no meat,lick of the chalice etc etc,anyways hardly any true rastas left now in the UK,most just funky dreads,coincidently theres a rasta shop on my street who sell some halal products,gelatine free which is handy for soaps.shampoos and that...

walaikomsalam wr wb
  5. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

There was this pirate radio show I remember from about 12 years ago where they would herd all sorts of nut-jobs into the studio to debate (e.g. the "holy" tabernacle or whatever it's called nowadays.)

They had many debates between various people. I think there was one between some brothers and some Rastafarians.

The Rastas weren't the brightest (and sounded like they'd had a healthy smoke prior to arriving in the studio). They kept blaming anything they couldn't understand on the Illuminati.

In the end when they were clearly getting rings run around them this one guy started getting vexed and sucking his teeth saying "Dem trowing jokes 'pon the I!"

I don't remember anything other than it made me laugh!
  6. abuhannah

We used to visit a man called Fire Lion he was a dub king dj(roots and culture),man had 6 foot speakers in his house and was mad as a march hare from ganja...
  7. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

Abdullah Al-Faisel, irrespective of what is said about him used to tell some funny Rasta jokes.
  8. abuhannah

Achi rasta life is a joke a second,I met some real nutters man,lol..
  9. Ibn Adam

Ibn Adam Jū yoku sei gō

There's a funny story the Bilal Philips related about one of his trips to Jamaica on the lecture circuit.

He was giving a lecture and he could see that some of the audience (I think recent converts) were red-eyed and so he address the topic of marijuana being prohibited in Islam.

They were like "No, no! It's mentioned in the Qur'an" and pulled out a Yusuf Ali translation and cited the verse
  10. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

LOOL that's hilarious. Ganja.
  11. abuhannah

man pon the red eye......
  12. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

battymen fi dead.

That means "fags will die", right? Heard that on some show.
  13. Awakened

Awakened New Member

jazak Allah khairun guys, it would be funny to hear someone like sheikh bilal phillips speak the lingo...

the video link in my first post has an interview with mutttttaaaabaaaaaaruuuuukaaaa- a orthodox rasta who says that rastafarians have been corrupted by religion or christianity to be precise. He says real rasta man do not conisder haille selassie as God in the christian concept and that trilogy is false, he doesnt believe in any super natural higher power but believes that I is control.
  14. abuhannah

Shabba Ranks on The word,he was a ball head nah rasta man,seen.......

Also Buju Banton had a tune..
  15. Awakened

Awakened New Member

this thread is getting out of hand! can someone get me the keys to my beema.....
  16. abuhannah

zim zimmah..Who Am I?

17. abuhannah

YellowMan was The Don....

18. Awakened

Awakened New Member

lol, that life seems so stupid looking back alhamdulilah.
  19. princesatriguena

princesatriguena New Member

Rasta always seemed like much more of a lifestyle than a religion... but noone of them could ever explain to me what were their beliefs.. it was just a whole bunch of cirsumspect.. and skirting... with a kind of zen wanna be balance without the logic... same as 5 percenters... both of which like to coin practices from Islam and ideas and then add in some weirdness.. and call itself religion...

I knew some rastas in NYC and I guess the only credit I could give them was than between the NOI people and the 5 percenters and the rastas in nearby neighboorhood, it helped diminsh the crime because every young guy that went to jail in my block and came back had embraced one of these religions and having "Found God" in a sort they were at least far less inclined to criminality... LOL by the way, to this day none of them could ever explain what they truly beleieve coherently.. especially one of the 5 percenters who actually called me a devil..when I began to ask him even the simplest questions and disputed the answers because I guess he thought I was "so-called-East Indian-people-of-the-devil" (this was his quote).. LOL.. he must have been near blind.. with as beautiful as I think Indian women are, I don't look like any of them...
  20. abuhannah

There was some true natty congo man dread,some were up in the mountains in Jamaica living Ital,others made The Excidous to Ethiopia and remain there till now,locals find them very strange and likewise id say,lol...