Jamaat-i-Islami (JI): The Taliban are misrepresenting Islam

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Sabro, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Sabro

Sabro New Member

Earlier this year, Jamaat-i-Islami leadership contacted Taliban in Swat and Waziristan to persuade them to give up violent activities which misrepresented Islam to the world.

JI is one of the oldest religious parties ranking among the leading and most influential Islamic parties in Pakistan. For Jummat-i-islami leadership to hold a shura council for its decision making on holding discussions with the Taliban is a big start. For JI to say that the Taliban are misrepresenting Islam to the world is an even bigger start.

The party expressed concern over the beheading of state functionaries, bombings where the innocent are killed, and killing tribal elders and members who are not in agreement with the Taliban. The meeting directed JI Swat Amir Fazle Subhan and party leaders in Swat, Waziristan and Mohmand Agency to convince the local Taliban that the violent methods they are using to promote their ideologies are not Islamic.

Source: www.dawn.com I read this info earlier this year...it may have been as far back as January. I have to search for the exact link to the article. But DAWN is the source! InshAllah, I will provide the link soon.
  2. Traveler

Traveler New Member

What was the purpose of opening a new thread? To give your pipeline of news a supply of oxygen? Please let it die already. There is no point in starting fitna during Ramadan.
  3. Sabro

Sabro New Member

Brother, please!
    It is not fitnah when it is reality.
  4. Die for Allah

Die for Allah TIOCFAIDH AR LA

I dont think most people here give a damn about what JI have to say about the Taliban or what rubbish you have to post.

The muslims of this forum love the Taliban as well as all Mujahideen striving in the path of Allah, nothing you post is going to change that InshaAllah.

Perish in your rage
  5. Yasir

Yasir لك الله يا مهبط الوحي

Here is a link to a similar piece: http://www.dawn.com/2008/01/18/top12.htm

This is talking about the Taliban in Pakistan, the likes of the so-called ‘Tehreek-e-Taliban’ and their unislamic acts.
  6. Die for Allah

Could you elaborate as to what you consider "unislamic acts"?
  7. SoI

SoI New Member

The Taliban are misrepresenting Islam

Well spoken Brother Waziri, ;; you took the words
    right out of my mouth,,

may Allah Praise him,;;; look after our brave men
    who are giving their lives for their country

8. IbnHashimBinUthman

IbnHashimBinUthman New Member

This and...

this is a reoccurring fungus

Perish in your rage
  9. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

And are we to suppose that the political cowardice and opportunism of Jama'at al-Islami and its collaboration with tyrannical dictators is the true representation of Islam?
  10. Abdullah ibn Adam

Abdullah ibn Adam New Member

Sabro, why don't you now post some articles about how Hamid Karzai is misrepresenting Islam, or how many of the northern alliance warlords were also misrepresenting Islam?

What about Karzai's appointment of the kafir atheist communist Abdulrashid Dostum:mad::mad::mad: as the deputy defence minister of the new "Islamic" republic of Afghanistan???!!!!

Don't you think that this is a far greater misrepresentation of Islam than whatever mistakes the Taliban might be accused of?

Answer if you are truthful!
  11. Abu Ibrahim al-Khurasani

Abu Ibrahim al-Khurasani كل ميسر لمـا خلق لـه

who cares what the ikhwanees JI think of taliban.
  12. nobody

nobody حامدا و مصلیا

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  13. Abdullah ibn Adam

Abdullah ibn Adam New Member

"Mr Mujahid", as if mujahid is his surname!

Many of the Taliban mujahidun put "mujahid" at the end of their names, Mulla Umar did the same; it is a title, and doesn't mean that they have the same family name!
  14. Farhan

Farhan New Member

It's difficult to identify 'Taliban' in Pakistan, since so many criminals and thugs attribute the title to themselves! They commit their crimes and terrorise the locals, even demanding several lakh rupees or else threatening to kidnap members of their family! I'm not sure which areas of Pakistan these other Taliban occupy, but the areas I'm referring to are/were Doaba, Parichinar etc.
  15. Yasir

Where do you want me to start? Perhaps the self-righteous illiterate adolescent vigilantes in the region, terrorising and killing local people with their rifles and Kalashnikovs in the name of Islam? Those that are more devoted to their tribalism and practice of medieval backward customs than they are with the Shari’ah? Those that have a vested interest in creating chaos and disorder in the region? Or perhaps we can look at their killing of innocent people haphazardly in the name of Islam and the care-free attitude of ‘Molvi Omar’ from the so-called ‘Tehreek-e-Taliban’?

We know of several strong scholarly families throughout the region, well-grounded in the deen and known for their extensive opposition to the government in Islamabad, who were actually pleased when the Pakistani military forces arrived to drive these uninformed beasts away.
  16. Die for Allah

It would be good if you could name actual incidents which the Pakistani Taliban have claimed responsibility for and then explain how they are unislamic. Im not challenging you or anything but I want to see the facts.Im not denying the fact that some actions might be questionable in light of the sharia but I feel its unwise to draw attention to those questionable actions in a thread where the thread starters agenda is clearly against all actions of the Taliban be they Pakistani or Afghan.

Well akh there is a lot of people doing a lot of bad things who might attribute themselves to one movement or another, the fact is that we can not tarnish a whole organisation just because a few individuals who may or may not belong to that organisation have committed some crimes.

Yes such jahiliya is to be condemned

Some specific incidents please akhi,and would some mistakes justify us condemning the whole movement and everything it stands for?

Im sorry but I would have to question such a person who would be pleased at
    the arrival of a secular backed army who were acting on the orders of the americans regardless of how bad they perceived the muslims to be.
  17. y-mughal

y-mughal Muslim

Were these 'several strong scholarly families' also pleased when US/NATO forces crossed the border the other day into Pakistan in pursuit of similar minded people or when US missile drones strike at will in the tribal areas targetting Taliban and Al-Qaeda operatives?
  18. AbuOmar

AbuOmar New Member

First of all, what 'local' people are these 'vigilantes' going about killing? The fight is against the NaPak army and the slaves of the crUSAder war machine. The NaPak fauj entered those areas at the command of the US to arrest/kill militants. The people of that region are a fearless warrior nation who never accepted occupation from a foreign force. Even the Brits admit to their bravery and even they took a beating. If these 'vigilantes' were killing locals, do you think the locals would sit-back and not retaliate? If they were killing their own people they would never have the support that they have.

What region are you referring to that you know several strong scholarly families? As i mentioned earlier...the NaPak army arrived like hunting dogs into those areas at the orders of the US. It suits the american agenda to have its hunting dogs stationed in those areas and to engage the Mujahideen there so that they don't feel the heat of war next door. But Alhamdulilaah, the Mujahideen took them on in both fronts. Only a twisted person would be pleased when the hunting dogs race into their homes,kill their women and children and destroy their masajids and madrasas. What Shariah is he following??

May Allah have mercy on the Ansaar and give them the Highest Places in Jannah. ameeen
  19. Intoodeep

Intoodeep Banned

I think its your ahl hadeeth background which influences your views on the tehreek e taliban movement. Alhamdulillah they are doing a lot of good fighting those who do not rule by islam. the situation is akin to when Abu bakr (RA) fought the tribes who refused to pay zakat. except that these ppl are worse, they refuse to implement any hukm of the deen.
  20. Yasir

waziri, the self-righteous illiterate adolescent vigilantes exist in the region, as I’m sure you are well aware. Similar to what Br. Farhan has mentioned, they are actively engaged in terrorising, threatening and demanding money unjustly from the local people. These are people known to be local to the region – they are not foreign people masquerading as ‘Tehreek-e-Taliban’ in order to discredit the brand name. They are known for their unfortunate illiterate backgrounds, with little to no knowledge of the Shari’ah. Several of us have received firsthand accounts from extended family and friends in the region, so there is no question of this not happening – again as I’m sure you will be well aware.

The factory workers massacred at Wah? When the spokesman of the movement publicly accepts responsibility for the bombing and then himself admits that despite the victims being innocent, ‘these things can happen’ it shows there is something very wrong.

The secular-backed army is no worse than these beasts. The people, despite their opposition to the government are pleased that these criminals have been driven away, and their backwardness has been halted. If your house is on fire you’re not going to care who puts the flames out – friend or foe. Ironically even the brutal army are not conducting themselves whilst claiming Islam, these criminals are.

How did you guess? Did you manage it all by yourself?

As for the usual cyber-warriors unfortunately incapable of understanding what is being discussed, I’ll say once again… kum khabarai mande puhegi, magha kawa. Kha deer zda nadee, khapa nashai.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2008