Important Jihad in Islam by Hizb ut-Tahrir

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Salahudin, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Salahudin

Salahudin Member

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters,

Please follow this link to access the book "Jihad in Islam" by Hizb ut Tahrir :

This book comprehensively defines Jihad in Islam; its causes and conditions and its relationship with the Khilafah vis a vis the situation today.

2. Ibn Ibrahim

Ibn Ibrahim New Member

Why would I take my 'ilm (knowledge) from a group which holds no official aqeedah?

If you really want to learn about Jihad, the bellow books will suffice for that.

Mashari Al-Ashwaq Ila Masari Al-Ushaaq by Ibn-Nuhaas
    Thawaabit 'Ala Darb Al-Jihad (The constants of Jihad) by Yusuf al ‘Uyayree
    The Religious And Moral Doctrine Of Jihaad by Ibn Taymiyya
    Umm 'Aishah, دلیل, walid and 2 others like this.
  3. Salahudin

Salahudin Member

What is an official aqeedah?
    I only know the Islamic Aqeedah.
    Wild Wild West likes this.
  4. Firebrand Mullah

Firebrand Mullah Hanfist Salfist Humblist

I spoke to a Dutch HUT member last week. I talked to him about importance of knowledge of the religion in dawah. He said yes, you are right, we have members of HUT who don't know how to pray. HUT need to teach their members how to pray before they talk about jihad.
    Aboo Muhammad, دلیل and Layth like this.
  5. Abu Kamel

Abu Kamel <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

An official aqeedah is one which has a government seal/certificate in the corner which government officials can touch and look at consistently to insure the security of their position (inside joke for those who have dealt with govt bureaucracies in Arab countries).

Firebrand Mullah,

We can all admit that HT has many 'hangers- on' and rah-rah supporters who personally are lacking in many ways.
    But just because one of them opens his mouth about Jihad in a time when Jihad is increasingly on the lips of Muslims, doesn't mean HT should be or can be held responsible for the personal failures of such individuals.

I would rather see sinful Muslims show public support for Islam and allegiance to Muslims than they be completely repelled by Islam. I have seen "Muslims" in Algeria who literally 'hate' Islam and Muslims on account of the civil war in which, from their perspective, bearded men in thawbs often indiscriminately murdered women and children, sometimes in broad daylight.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    abumuwahid likes this.
  6. Firebrand Mullah

Firebrand Mullah Hanfist Salfist Humblist

Since HUT is a "Hizb" where everyone is supposed to accept the official party line, the party as a whole can be held responsible for whatever Hizbi's do.

You can't be a Muslim and yet be repelled by Islam.

Clean shaven guys with tight pants and cigarettes who don't know how to pray do not really help much either. The guys in thawbs and beards might be evil, but just because something horrible happened in Algeria, it doesn't mean Hizbi's can go ahead and talk about Khilafah while their own members don't know how to pray.
  7. Wild Wild West

Wild Wild West لا تعتذر اليوم

Official 'Aqeedah is also something that we can continue to split hairs over and fight over until we die.

As important as 'aqeedah is, can we blame people for looking at the people who propagate sound creed and deciding that they would rather achieve something in their lives?
  8. abul hafsa

abul hafsa formerly 'dragon'

I can cooperate with HT to some extent, but as long as they cannot disassociate from the Rawafidh and seem to care little about all the shirk that is propagated within the ummah, I can't be excited about taking knowledge from them.

Not only does the sympathetic/apathetic attitude to the Rawafidh show a fundamental lack of understanding the importance of aqeedah, it also shows a frightening level of ignorance (or deliberate neglect) of political situations in the Islamic world. Quite disturbing for a group that primarily concerns itself with 'political Islam'.

As for the usual taunts directed towards "salafis", they would hold more water if we were contrasting them with a group that has indeed achieved something, unlike the HTs.
    leo likes this.
  9. Wild Wild West

Wild Wild West لا تعتذر اليوم

Could we not say the same about Salafis?
  10. justabro

justabro Salafi (Retd.)

maybe someone should just read the book and then decide for themselves
  11. al-suyuufi

al-suyuufi Naql-head

One of their more active "dawah carriers" couldn't even tell me what Taghut meant.
  12. المه‍ندس

المه‍ندس Formerly - DeedsBySincerity

I don't know about the official party line, but their members have realised the mistake behind accepting the Rafidhi. Especially since Iran showed their support for Al-Fasaad.
  13. Ibn Ibrahim

Ibn Ibrahim New Member

What I mean by official aqeedah is that the group have made it clear that they are not a religious group, and that there members can hold different views concerning aqeedah.
    And official aqeedah in the case of HT would be for them to say: this and this is what we believe, and this and this is what we do not believe in, etc.
  14. Salahudin

Salahudin Member

This is really a strange statement and one that is wide of the mark. The Party is a Political Party whose ideology is ISLAM. I hope that is clear for you.
    The Islamic Aqeedah is its foundation. Maybe you should read the Party's literature before making such outlandish statements.
  15. repentingslave

repentingslave New Member

How is this different from the other books on Jihad by other Scholars.
  16. Ibn Ibrahim

Ibn Ibrahim New Member

You seem to have it all figured out.
    As you have yourself said; HT is a political party, hence it encompasses people with different beliefs, if you have not already understood that.
    What is aqeedah? aqeedah is belief, belief in the angels, jins, in Allah in tawheed and so on, did you get it?

I have actually read the party's literature, and I have almost everything they have published in digital format, I also have friends who are "Hizbies", and I have also done research on the group, it's origins and it's state today.
    What you perceive as the Islamic aqeedah is heresy to someone else, I do agree that there is only one Islamic aqeedah, but that does not stop people from believing in deviated aqeedahs.

As I have said before, HZ does not have an official aqeedah, if they did, they would not have included shias in the party to begin with, and some other deviated groups.
    The core leadership is Ashari and Taqiuddin al-Nabhani comes from a sufi/Ashari background.

Please think about what you write next time.
    al-suyuufi likes this.
  17. hikma

hikma New Member

Jazakallah Khair - a very good concise book. I liked the explanation about Jihad in today's situation.

It's a shame a few people are able to engage in a productive discussion on the content on the book and lack of disagreement on its excellent substance may be leads to diversionary attacks?

Allah knows best.
  18. Ibn Ibrahim

Ibn Ibrahim New Member

We are discussing the book, namely why to; not read the book ^_^
    PS: If you realy want to learn more about Jihad, I believe you will find the three books which I recommended in the second post of this thread to be very beneficial.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  19. Ilmseeker1

Ilmseeker1 New Member

I wish I could meet those mysterious members...always seem to hear about them.
  20. walid

walid New Member

I can't ever remember Ht doing jihad, so isn't this all academic?