Nike shoes with Allah written on them

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Abu Bakr as-Somali, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Abu Bakr as-Somali

Abu Bakr as-Somali <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Jewish company Nike has shoes or wants to sell shoes with Allah written on them:

Its a war on Islam.
  2. morbius

morbius <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

God, save us from your followers…:rolleyes:

It’s an old story. Nike made these shoes long time ago and the sign on them says “Air”, written so it looks like flames. They probably wanted to say their shoes were “smokin’”. :)
    Anyway, some conspiracy theorist has seen likeness with the way Arabs write “Allah” and started screaming his head about it, so Nike had to burn hundreds of thousands shoes, losing millions of dollars.
    Now Nike wants to return this ill-fated model (which in the meantime got a nickname “Air Allah”) to the stores, but this time they are wiser to use a different font for the sign.
  3. 'Abd al-Kareem

'Abd al-Kareem Scaffolding

[~-- SCOREBOARD --~]
    MUSLIMS = 1
    NIKE ...= 0

gg no re kthx
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  4. Captain Gora

Captain Gora RefuteEverythingThatMoves

And the CocaCola sign says "La Muhammad La Makka" when you look at it upside down with a mirror and erase some lines.
  5. 2struggleWithin

2struggleWithin New Member

I don't buy Nike products anymore. There logo represents the Greek gods. I remember this story back in '96 I think.
  6. Captain Gora

I don't buy CocaCola either because of this vile scandal. I'm also considering not to eat at McDonalds because the beef had Alif Laam there and the Haa was probably just somewhere hidden on purpose. I also doubt passing by the local car tunnel because the pollution made a picture on the wall that looks like Jesus so they started to worship it.
  7. 2struggleWithin

2struggleWithin New Member

Are you bein sarcastic? :)
  8. Captain Gora

As much as possible. I'm also hesitant about this nike-logo thing...I mean, I'd imagine there to be many other things we use too that got some indication to kufr in their name or the history of the name? Maybe some of you westerners can talk about this, since I don't know your products.
  9. hilal_salaf

hilal_salaf Senior Member

all praises are for allah
    regarding the boycout its is no doubt a good action however thse silly theries and stories shld stop remeber avoid suspision

see also cola

Praise be to Allaah.

What has been said about Coca Cola, that there is written on it the words “La Allaah la Muhammad” or “La Muhammad la Makkah” and that this can be seen by looking at the writing in a mirror, is not true, so there is no shar’i ruling that follows from that.

You should keep away from over exaggerations and illusions that have no basis.

Any food or drink that is proven to be harmful is haraam, but if there is no such proof then the basic ruling is that they are halaal, and they cannot be deemed haraam on the basis of mere conjecture and speculation.

But if the company that produces it is hostile to Islam and supports its enemies, then it should be boycotted for that reason.

And Allaah knows best.
    Islam Q&A

dont be dumb
  10. Raiwand

Raiwand <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

This is the opinion of the author of the above mentioned lines, he is free to do so.
    Most of the scholars issuing fatawa on that site, and Saudi as well, have never been outside Saudi and know very little except for that which has been told them by those close to them(they are very little exposed to other opinions except for when being approached by government to issue a fatwa against those opposing them)

No, and that's why we have the ability to think freely instead of taking a "fixed" opinion from certain websites. After all, many of us live in the west and know a whole lot more than those behind the website you refer to (its a good site for general issues, no doubt about it, but concerning Muslims in the west and surrounding issues, the Saudi scholars are unfortunately miles behind)
  11. Captain Gora

I don't know anything about The Plan, but I still agree with brother Hilal (incase the sarcasm didn't get there). I don't think it's about knowing anything, as a matter of fact, it's exactly about the opposite.
  12. boycotting doesnt get us anywhere and it's silly

if you boycott boeing or airbus how are you gonna go to hajj?

i dont boycotting anything as long as it's halaal and i pay with my money. even if you move to the desert or jungle you still going to need even tiny mobile phone to get on.

there is a better way to defeat kufar than boycotting.....

chinese are the worst mushriks and are oppressing a whole population of muslims, you are drinking tea with cup made in china.... now, are you thinking about making your own tea cups or are you thinking that tea cup manufacturer in shanghai will be under your control one day as ghaneema...... in sha Allah taala!!!
  13. Raiwand

Raiwand <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Who's talking about boycott or even more stupid, demonstrations? None of these 2 measures results in anything fruitful. Use your imagination instead...

May Allah guide us to righteousness
  14. 'Abd al-Kareem

With regards to boycotting and demonstrations/protests:

فَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُمْ
    [Surat al-Taghaabun 64:16] So fear Allah as much as you are able...
  15. Captain Gora

Yeah, I mean, moderation in everything is good. I remember one of the enthuastic brothers wanted to buy a fridge and fill it with Fanta cans just to annoy the "jihadis". That kind of nonsense is nonsense, but I still drink Fanta if it suits me.
  16. InTheHearts0fGreenBirds

InTheHearts0fGreenBirds Diagnosed with wahan

17. 'Abd al-Kareem

Enthusiastic towards what? Towards being extremely annoying and spiteful?

It's very simple akhi:
    Every penny counts.

If you do not wish to boycott, that's your decision. The stupidest thing though, would be to 'spite' those who boycott by buying extra. That's pure stupidity.

Someone is unable to do hijrah, or his Imaan is too weak for it, but he still has the Imaan and the heart and the care to go to a demonstration or a protest, or to boycott starbucks or something. Why hinder this? Why ruin the only thing he is clinging on to? You might say it's just a few pennies, who are we kidding? His taxes help Israel more than his cup of coffee was going to.

Akhi, did we forget that on the Day of Judgement it is a matter of scales? A matter of weighing your good and weighing your evil. Maybe some people would rather have one less penny in their scale of evil deeds. Maybe these few pennies will lighten the load enough so that the scale won't tip to the left. May Allah make all our scales tip to the right...

وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ نَّاضِرَةٌ إِلَى رَبِّهَا نَاظِرَةٌ
    وَوُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ بَاسِرَةٌ تَظُنُّ أَن يُفْعَلَ بِهَا فَاقِرَةٌ

[Surat al-Qiyaamah 75:22-24]
    [Some] faces, that Day, will be radiant,
    Looking towards their Lord.
    And [some] faces, that Day, will be contorted,
    Expecting that there will be done to them [something] backbreaking.

With that said, I wish to note the following so I don't be exposed as a hypocrite on the Day of Judgement: I am not actively engaged in boycotting many goods as some pious brothers and sisters do. I should do so, though, and I admire those who do.
  18. hilal_salaf

hilal_salaf Senior Member

[Surat al-Taghaabun 64:16] So fear Allah as much as you are able...
  19. Yousef al Khattab

Yousef al Khattab <A HREF="showpost.php?p=136821"></A>

Cutting down on consumption and living simply and locally as much as possible teaches self discipline,stops consumerism, and helps the environment, puts money in the hands of local people. I see here many want to make hijra from the UK or USA or Holland etc. if you wanna make a successful one I recommend learning to eat 2 times a day if possible and giving up as much corporate stuff as possible (junk food etc.). The recent events in the markets stand as testimony that it is time to learn how to give viable alternatives to mankind besides Capitalism and Western Democracy, and how to punish the money lenders pockets insha'Allah.
  20. Al Jazairi

Al Jazairi نناديكم و لكن من يجيب؟

Was it Morbius who was banned and he said his good bye to this forum or is it claymore?

I'm really confused now!?

Can any body correct me plz.