Video On reading Quran by Lesley Hazleton (jew)

Discussion in 'Islam in General' started by al-Azkabani, Mar 26, 2011.

1. al-Azkabani

al-Azkabani Formerly 'Salah ad-Din'

Very special description:

[video=youtube;EDVXi513JTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDVXi513JTo&feature=related[/video]

2. Abu Treika

Abu Treika Magoo

That was an interesting piece

3. Tuwaylib

Tuwaylib Anti-Defeatist

I thought some of it was interesting... other parts seemed like an elite mockery... One thing she got right, not enough people 'read' the Qur'an.

4. ad-Duha

ad-Duha Well-Known Member

Isn't it incredible how someone can read the entire Qur'aan, (4 translations apparently?) and fail to become Muslim? SubhanAllaah, how miserable and unfortunate an individual! This is evidence against her on Qiyyamah, she approached the Qur'aan without the intention of being guided, so she did not receive it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  5. TheUmmahStridesForward

TheUmmahStridesForward It was written...

Well since the empire of Islam died down, there has been a mentality amongst orientalists and academics that rather than blindly assault and attack all aspects of Islam to protect their civilization from becoming second rate in the World, there would be a sort of self-righteous analysis of Islam, where they separate all its aspects, and whilst not letting the Muslims represent themselves and portraying it from the Western ideological paradigm, they would sort of 'admire' it in as much as they admire other ideologies, like art, and bygone philosophies..then since 9/11, the former has returned, and the latter have become very few again, which makes a woman like this very rare, yet the latter is returning more quickly this time because the former is now seen even amongst many western circles as an subjective reaction to events for the use of propaganda and deceit.

I saw this the other day, and though I liked the freshness of some of her attitude, I too found the way she approached it to be the same mistaken biased concept as of old, though she is a Westerner, so what to expect..."elite Mockery" as the Bro said, would probably fit the bill here... superiority..white western royalty complex..looking down on islam with the self righteous mercy to say good things about it..Allahu A'alam

May Allah guide her to Islam Ameen

6. Abdullah ibn Adam

Abdullah ibn Adam New Member

After listening to the whole speech, it is clear that she is still completely ignorant about the Qur'an and Islam.