Breaking News! Pashto singer Ghazala Javed shot dead

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by AbuSaif, Jun 19, 2012.

1. AbuSaif

AbuSaif New Member

PESHAWAR: A popular Pakistani singer who fled the Taliban to pursue her music career away from their repressive dictates was shot dead in the northwestern city of Peshawar, police said on Tuesday.
    Ghazala Javed, 24, was shot six times by gunmen as she left a beauty salon, although police do not believe the Taliban was responsible for her murder and said her ex-husband was a suspect in the case.
    Her father, who was with her, was also killed, police said.
    “Two men on a motorbike sprayed bullets and fled leaving them in a pool of blood,” senior police officer Dilawar Bangash told AFP.
    She was shot six times and her father once in the head, Bangash said.
    “We have registered a case and launched an investigation. The murder seems to be result of some internal dispute,” he added.
    Police official Imtiaz Khan said the ex-husband was suspected of involvement in the murders.
    The singer had fled to Peshawar in 2009 to escape the then Taliban-dominated northwestern district of Swat as the army launched a sweeping offensive.
    Ghazala Javed sung in her native Pashto language and released more than two dozen albums that were popular among Pashto speakers in the northwest.
    She married businessman Jahangir Khan in 2010, but demanded a divorce after finding out he had another wife and because he tried to ban her from singing, the family said.

Pashto singer Ghazala Javed shot dead | DAWN.COM
  2. AbuSaif

AbuSaif New Member

Another dirty tactic by Pakistani law enforcement agencies to depopularise TTP.
  3. gho29

gho29 New Member

Brother, do you know of other articles on this story from other sources besides Dawn?[​IMG]
  4. Firebrand Mullah

Firebrand Mullah Hanfist Salfist Humblist

She was killed by her own husband. End of story.
  5. Abu Hawwa

Abu Hawwa Formerly 'LionofIslam'

she was very promiscuous, making pashto sex songs that were ludicrous, i'm not supporting her murder but she made evil songs.
  6. IbnJ

IbnJ New Member

^^ exactly bro. Murder and her actions are both sins, but she was a sinner still.
  7. AbuSaif

AbuSaif New Member

that is true
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  8. AbuSaif

AbuSaif New Member

9. Aboo Shayba

I don't know about her or the level of corruption she spread but if it was that bad maybe her killing may have been valid shar'i wise. Apostasy isn't the only crime that nullifies the protection of one's blood that Islaam ensures.
  10. voiceofpk

voiceofpk New Member

salaam, can you share how, otherwise can be potentially harmful, she was still a Muslim, her blood unlawful, and her killing sinful.
  11. AbuSaif

AbuSaif New Member

I think she was spreading corruption in the land...