Prototype:: Concept:: 'Eed Mubarak Card Design.

Discussion in 'Arts and Culture' started by Aboo Shayba, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Aboo Shayba

Aboo Shayba WAHHAABI NOT JADEEDI

Before any post editing rendered in Vue 9.5 Xstream.

Before Post-Edit
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After Post-Edit - did ALL post editing in Photoshop Cs5

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. murdiyyah

murdiyyah [x]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  3. Aboo Shayba

^Btw that is not the final print quality - just a preview of what I was going for... a surreal new moon look.

4. Aboo Shayba

JazakAllaah khayra for the input - will do inshaAllaah.

5. Sakeena

Sakeena فكوا العاني

Nice masha Allaah. What kind of paper should be used for printing this in order to make it look like a post card?

I second what murdiyyah said. Also, put 'eid mubarak' on the right of the card and the 'taqaballallaahu minna wa minkum' on the left, or vice versa and leave out the bar on the top.

6. MashaAllah I love it Aboo Shayba! Like the sisters said, write the text without the bar on top.

Also, are you going to be printing these?

7. 'Abd al-Kareem

'Abd al-Kareem Scaffolding

Ma sha Allah, barak Allahu feek.

1. Are all the parts different layers, i.e. movable?

2. Change the Arabic to: تقبل الله منا ومنكم صالح الأعمال وكل عام وأنتم بخير

8. Aboo Shayba

JazakAllaah khayra for the input - Yeh like I stated earlier it is not finished yet put it up here for input and criticism, I'll definitely will make the changes in regards to text positioning..

As for printing - I was planning to use an online printing who do postcards for quite cheap 100 postcards for like approximately £20 - which I think is worth it plus you can keep them for 'Eed Al-Adha too. However if you plan to print it yourself, the final resolution will be A5 landscape design. 2 of them will fit on a normal A4, I'll try to export it as A4 too with 2 copies below one another. [For easy printing convenience].

P.s. I still recommend getting it professionally printed especially since printing has become quite cheap. [Aim for Ihsaan]

9. Aboo Shayba

response:

1. Do you mean the 3D objects in original render in Vue?

2. ok akhee.

10. Aboo Shayba

At the end inshaAllaah- that is the plan.

11. Umm Khawla

Umm Khawla ربي رضاك والجنة

Looks great masha'Allaah! I agree with murdiyyah's suggestions.

12. ummhuthayfa

ummhuthayfa Active Member

Masallah, a beautiful design.

Can I offer a suggestion please: next time you make a new design, especially for the prisoners, how about showing some aspect of daylight? The reason why I am saying this is I dont know how bright or dark the light is in prisons and as darkness usually seems to indicate loneliness or sadness so maybe some bright colourful images of nature and flowers in daylight might be more cheerful.

However, Mashallah the Eid card is really nice, Jazakallah khair.

13. umm hafsa

umm hafsa Anti-Free mixing

OP when you finish them, thne please post them inshallah in the 'creative ideas' thread so that if you allow us, some of us can use these to send to prisoners.

May allah free all the muslim prisoners, each one of them around the earth. ameen
    Jazakallah.

14. Nusaybah

Nusaybah نسيبة بنت كعب

Mashallah beautiful!

15. La Ta7zanoo

La Ta7zanoo Umm Wardaa

ما شاء الله this looks great. The moon never ceases to awe me. How magnificent is the creation of الله !!!!

So are you going to be printing these as postcards and sending them to prisoners?

16. Sakeena

Sakeena فكوا العاني

Can we actually send cards with arabic text to prisoners?

17. Aboo Shayba

That was the plan.

18. La Ta7zanoo

La Ta7zanoo Umm Wardaa

I've sent it with Arabic a couple of times, but each time it was limited to 'Eid Mubarak and i wrote the translation underneath. Everything else was in English

Awesome!

19. Nusaybah

Nusaybah نسيبة بنت كعب

I sent a letter with Arabic text one time and I was told not to any more because it takes longer for the letter to reach the prisoner because they will do more screening of it. (US)

20. abumuwahid

abumuwahid <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

That moon looks pretty full to me bro.