Important Ramadan recipies

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Abu'l 'Eyse, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

As-salaamu 'alaikum

please post any food/meal suggestions with recipies if you can that will allow for less cooking time and more time for other stuff during Ramadan. Jazakumullahu khairan

p.s. Things like toast does not count :)

2. Captain Gora

Captain Gora RefuteEverythingThatMoves

Will you invite me to your house, bro? *yam*

3. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

Oh yes I heard ur coming to London? If so please pm me iA

4. Noorah

Noorah اللهم ارحم شهداء غزة

That takes less time. hmmmm.
    How about freezin pastries filled with whatever you want pizza filling/tandoori chicken,corn,cheese onion filling/meat filling whatever so you just have to bang it in oven.

5. Sabr_Like_Ayub

Sabr_Like_Ayub Patience is a Virtue

Easy Peasy ChickPeas...

You will need
    1 Tin of Chickpeas
    1 small onion
    1 tea spoon of Curry Powder
    a pinch of salt

- Fry the onions, chuck the chick peas in, add the curry powder and salt and leave to cook for about 10 mins, dont add any water the tin should have sufficient. Take off heat once you have a little bit of water left. Bara'bing'bara'bong and your done.

Serve hot with a nan bread or Hovis bread!

p.s: you can add vegetables, potatoe etc..be creative if you have time.

6. WM

WM <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

I just boil two eggs (boiling for three minutes so the centre is still all gooey) in a coffee pot (less water needed- takes less time to boil) and eat with a few pieces of bread. This has been my favourite meal for a while.

Try it! :)

7. Qwerty

Qwerty Please change user title

I crave the simplest things for Iftar like toast with a cup of tea. I also have cravings for cheesecake when I fast (but only in Ramadhan).

8. heart4allah

heart4allah New Member

I have one...

Milk and Dates.... :)

9. AbuSafiyya

AbuSafiyya بين أحراش الضلال

What about quartering the dates,pouring some hot milk over them,letting them soak overnight and adding some chopped almonds and hazelnuts and coconut flakes on top?:eek:

10. iloveislam

iloveislam <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmathullah

You can try some of the recipes here

11. Umm Ahmed

Umm Ahmed 2C oursels as ithers C us

There is a recipe for ghee there, the people here take that on all their food.

12. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Formerly 'Field Marshall' | just too raw

Are you mad? Frozen food? My wife pulls a trick like that and there will be consequences and concussions err...I mean repercussions.

A day of fasting is to be followed by freshly prepared food either fried or preferably grilled. Yes husbands, you should be in the kitchen helping your woman prepare the feast.

You should all take a leaf out of my book and prepare a list of meals for Suhur and Iftar. That way no thinking is required. You need only list 10-14 meals as you can repeat.

Freezing food, i ask you? No wonder the food served in restaurants is bland and tasteless because they can get away with serving it to people whose taste buds have been wrecked by eating food destroyed by the freezing process.

13. Clutch Cargo

I just noticed that people on this thread are not even suggesting proper food i.e meat. This place is inhabited by hippy vegetarian types or something.

Here are some suggestions. Chicken pakora. Boneless chicken marinated in spices and salt overnight. Cook the chicken until it is done. Now dip in to a batter made of gram flour and fry. Serve with roti and/or chips (preferably home made over chips.)

Tandoori fish - fresh cod (i.e. not frozen) marinated overnight in a paste of ginger, garlic, red chlli powder, tandoori masala and salt. Now roast or grill. Serve with chips.

Homemade burgers - lean lamb mince - add salt, red chilli, worcester sauce, onion, tomatoes. Add cornflour if the burger is falling apart. Mix it all up. Now cook in you frying pan.

14. InTheHearts0fGreenBirds

InTheHearts0fGreenBirds Diagnosed with wahan

still no word on moon sighting?

15. Qwerty

Good job you don't live in our community. All the women here are known to make lots of samosa's and kebabs and freeze them for Ramadhan.

Do you really expect your wife to cook 'feasts' on a daily basis? We should avoid having feasts at iftar anyhow. Stick to egg and toast, simple, easy and fresh...!

16. Clutch Cargo

So which coward neg repped this without bothering to make any suggestions of their own on here?

Being called a cave man in the neg rep made me think that the person would actually have something constructive to say. I mean, what could be more primitive than calling somebody a name and then running away.

17. Clutch Cargo

Yes. Everyday...with my help. Its not difficult. Its just plain laziness on the part of people to resort to frozen food. It also means that people who like nice food have a difficult time finding places that serve it as most places cater these people with dead taste buds eating food destroyed by the freezing process.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  18. Qwerty

There is more to Ramadhan than food. I'd rather spend that time in ibadaah. Yes you have to please your husband but the husband must also be understanding.

If my husband insisted on a freshly cooked feast everyday, I'd direct him to the kitchen.

19. Clutch Cargo

Those things suggested take very little time.

I understand that I bring the ingredients home and my woman cooks them asking for my help when she wants/needs it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  20. IbnShaykh

IbnShaykh 'Mr Gangster Man'

Crisp sandwhiches (a student favourite).

1 Take two slices of bread and then butter (this is important as it adds to the flavour and texture)

2 Take a bag of crisps (walkers are the best and have the right composition) however others can be used but avoid wotsits and the like as they don't suffice. Flavours that can be used are salt and vinegar and cheese and onion. Plain are just boring and too salty.

3 Push between slices of bread but make sure you leave some crisp in there for added texture.

Enjoy!