Recitation during the 2 rakahs of fajr....

Discussion in 'Islamic Law' started by UmmTayyib, Oct 11, 2011.

1. UmmTayyib

UmmTayyib New Member

Bismillah, As salaamu 3laykum, I pray you are all in the best of health and Imaan insha Allaah.I have a question regarding recitation during the 2 rakaahs of fajr.Is it permissible to recite a certain amount of ayahs from one surah and then a certain amount from another surah in one rakah? (e.g. in the first rakah I read 10 ayahs of surah al Baqarah and10 ayahs of surah at tawbah)BaarakAllaahu feekum
  2. Wa 'alaykum salam

Sister there is nothing wrong with reciting 2 different suras in 2 rakats. As long as you don't do it because you think its virtuous. Apart from the fact that our Prophet Muhammad صلي الله عليه وسلم recited certain suras at certain times. For example, reading Suraty As-Sajda and Al-Insaan in Fajr of Jumu'ah.

3. Abul Hasan

Abul Hasan Aim High.

I don't think that answered the sister's question.

The first quote is about reciting whole suwar but in a different order in one raka'ah, and the second is about reciting from incomplete, different parts of the same surah in different raka'at.

I think the sister wants to know about reciting incomplete different suwar in the same raka'ah, kind of the mix between the two scenarios you posted. Maybe she can clarify but that's what I understood (would also be interested to get the answer).
  4. UmmTayyib

UmmTayyib New Member

Yes I meant different parts of a surah in the same rakaah.BaarakAllaahu feekum.
  5. The 2nd quote should answer that for you. As it says, it's better to recite in order for both Rakats, so wouldn't it make sense to do the same in one rakat? Allah knows best.
  6. UmmTayyib

UmmTayyib New Member