Refutation of Rabee al-Madkhali: Architect of the "Jarh wal-Ta'dil" Cult

Discussion in 'Islamic Groups and Sects' started by justabro, Jul 5, 2008.

1. justabro

justabro Salafi (Retd.)

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

I think it is high time that there be an extensive refutation of Rabee al-Madkhali in English. I think this should be a cooperative effort, as it's simply not worth any one person wasting all their time to gather all the material. Let's try and keep this thread focused on gathering substantive materials that is available against him, etc. as there are plenty of other threads if people just want to discuss or give their viewpoints.

Everyone is welcome to contribute, and those who have questions are welcome to ask questions about his "manhaj".

A Note on How to Benefit from This Thread:
    Ignore Ali's posts and the responses to him and continue reading
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. Hamza

Hamza Member

I would like a clarification on this specific allegation against the shaheed; Syed Qutb.

1. What did Syed mean when he was writing about "excitable folk" with regards to Musa as. ?
  3. Wild Wild West

Wild Wild West لا تعتذر اليوم

I can't believe you have done this!

But seeing as you have, I think you should start off with who he is, what he has done (good and bad), what 'madkhalism' is, how it has so many offshoots, the damage it has done to the da'wah, and then, finally, a proposed solution to the crisis...

you would well be worth a phd by that time...
  4. hearandobey

hearandobey الحمدلله

jazakAllahu khayran for this.

what would you say about some of the things said about sayid qutb's tafsir here? some of the quotes are taken from rabi's book.
  5. This page was put together buy some brothers who have a deep interest( or addiction) in refuting rabee' al-Madkhali.
  6. Madarijas-Salikeen

Madarijas-Salikeen <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Translations are in dire need!
  7. Expergefactionist

Expergefactionist hmmm... Staff Member

JK justabro! Much needed thread. Hopefully, it would be of as much benefit as the threads we have on Ash'aris.
  8. Allah Diya

Allah Diya New Member

You can never refute him, alhamdulillah, he had an excellent understanding of the manhaj of this religion, not to mention his mastery of aqeeda related issues. All your endeavors will prove to be futile and wasted with regard to refuting the Imam of Jarh wa't tadeel.
  9. Madarijas-Salikeen

Madarijas-Salikeen <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

as salaamu alaykum,

abuz zubayr what would be the view on shaykh rabee? The reason i ask is because we see some praise by shaykh al albaani rahimahullah ibn uthaymeen rahimahullah and others of shaykh rabee. But then again we have other ulama warning him about his harshness and injustice when criticizing individuals
  10. Expergefactionist

al-Imam al-Madkhali's Jarh on Ibn Baz:

قال فريد فريد المالكي مخاطبا ربيع المدخلي :
    " لحظة يا شيخ، أنا يا شيخ سمعتك يوم - والله يشهد والملائكة والناس أجمعين - ونحن في المطار ؛ قلت ياشيخ : الشيخ ابن باز طعن في السلفية طعنة شديدة؛ لو أنا يا شيخ مسكت التلفون داخل المملكة ، الشيخ ربيع يطعن في ابن باز الشيخ ربيع يطعن في ابن باز ، هذا يا شيخ ويش رأيك فيه ؟! ترضى هذا مني؟!

فرد عليه ربيع قائلاً : وأنا وأش أقصد ، عرفت أنا وأش أقصد ؟!
    فريد المالكي : أنا فاهم قصدك ، لشان كدة مانشرت ! لكن لو أنا رُحت وقلت : الشيخ طعن في ابن باز ، ما رأيك ياشيخ في هذا ؟!
    واش رأيك ياشيخ في هذا ؟!
    فقال ترحيب الدوسري : فعلاً هذه دعوى عريضة !!؟
    فقال ربيع المدخلي : أسمع ، أسمع ، أنا قصدت أي شيء !؟
    فقال فريد المالكي : أنا عارف قصدك ياشيخ ! أنا عارف قصدك!
    فقال ربيع المدخلي: ويش هو قصدي؟
    قال فريد المالكي : الشيخ ما يعلم مو داري بالموضوع .
    فقال ربيع المدخلي: لكن تخبرني ويش هو الطعن اللي قلته أنا إيش اقصد؟
    فقال فريد: لمّا التقيت بالشيخ عبدالعزيز ، وأخذ يمدح في سلمان وسفر ورد ، فأنت غضبت يا شيخ وذكرت هذه الكلمة أنا أقول الشيخ كان غضبان. ( أي الشيخ ربيع وهذا إحسان ظن من فريد) .
    فرد عليه ربيع المدخلي :اسمع، اسمع أنا اللي أقوله بيني وبينك ، لا تقوله لأحد قدام الناس ،
    فريد المالكي : والله ياشيخ .....
    فرد المدخلي مقاطعا : ...... من أول مرة وثاني مرة توقف، شوفني أنا، بعدين بيني وبينك! ، أنت تبغي الكلام اللي بينك وبين ترحيب بينك وبينو ، وأنت الآن تنشرني في المجالس ، فلا تنشرني – شوف بارك الله فيك - الآن انت اسمعني...." انتهى

al-Imam al-Madkhali's Jarh on Ibn Jibrin:
    ليس بعالم ، ضيع دينه وإسلامه ، يحارب بالأقمار الصناعية ، لا يصنف في السلفيين ولا العلماء ، شرشحه يا فريد

Listen to the audios yourself as attached to this post.

Can some good brother please translate it for a non-Arabic speaking enthusiastic Salafis?
  11. Expergefactionist

You need to live in Saudi to understand what's called the mujamala culture. They don't like to speak about each other disparagingly, which is why many of them are still silent over Salman al-'Awda's new ways. Moreover, they don't even realise the damage this man has done to the Western da'wah. Western Madkhalis are the worst of the lot and most of these mashaykh haven't a clue. And even if they did, I doubt they will criticise anyone by name openly. Some can't bear it and do criticise him openly.

al-Albani's praise of al-Madkhali is probably a reaction to his negative attitude towards Salman and Safar. But his comment about hamil liwa al-jarh wal-ta'deel is beyond ridiculous. Mind you, he himself considers Madkhali to be very shallow - in his own words. Obviously, he only commented on Rabi's words about Qutb not knowing it was Rabi' he was talking about!
  12. Adeel

Adeel Active Member

This is the first time I am speaking against him! He has really become a laughing stock! The Jara'h on Ibn Baaz being the most stupid of all! More I try to remain quiet on this man, more things I come across against this man! Justabro this was the much needed thread you know why because I wanted to know how much the people who rant and shout the most to be a Salafi are away from the true Salafiyyah.?

So brother Abuz Zubair, you mean there was something between Al Albani and Safar, Salman? What was it I will love to know.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  13. abu_ibrahim

abu_ibrahim Wahabist

The book Dhaahirat ul Irjaa'
  14. Expergefactionist

Well, Sh Safar's remarks about Sh al-Albani's view of Iman to begin with, and then Sh Salman's 'Ikhwani' tendencies, I guess. justabro would tell you more.
  15. Adeel

Adeel Active Member

Brother Abuz Zubair, what I have come across is that, Sheikh Albani's view on Iman is contradictory. Is that correct?
  16. Expergefactionist

Perhaps, this is what Abu Ruhayyim and Shaqra seem to conclude.
  17. anam

anam New Member

Hear so much about his name yet so little about him as everything is in Arabic

Anyways ..didn't he [does he] have dodgy views on Emaan/Kufr?
  18. anam

anam New Member

What about Ali Halabi and Ubayd Al Jabiri

Haven't we been advised to abandon them ?

Yet in the west they are still famous [among others]

its funny they are not murjis but Abu Qattadah is a big khariji

now there getting what Allaah promised them for all the curroption and hardship
  19. rebirth061

rebirth061 New Member

does he single out Al-bani in that book? My father has that book in his library but my arabic is not good enough to read it.