Ruling about the one who commits blasphemy of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Discussion in 'Helpers' Corner' started by FARAN, Jan 29, 2011.

1. FARAN

FARAN New Member

In the wake of controversy in Pakistan about the amendment in blasphemy law, people here are asking for the Islamic material which may guide them regarding the issue. I need some english or urdu book which covers the topic in subject of this thread, help me please.
  2. Le Croyant

Le Croyant New Member

Same here: I have come across many Pakistani Muslims who r supporting Salman Taseer on this issue & cursing the ulema for being wrong abt the fact that once can be punished for blasphemy in Islam.

Can some one give me evidence frm Quran & hadith that proof that blasphemy is legislated in Islam.

also, Imam Anwar had lecture in which he mentioned three incidents whr ppl where killed for insulting Prophet Muhammed (saw)

One was a woman by her husband, another was a poet who was killed thru a secret mission in the night and last was two women when Makkh was conquered. Am i recalling this correctly? Can one give me details with names & hadiths whr I can find these incidents being mentioned?
  3. Le Croyant

Le Croyant New Member

can anybody help on this?
  4. umais

umais insaan-forgetful

Maybe you should post this on the politics and jihad section, you might get some help.
  5. Khawla*

Khawla* <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

6. InshallahFirdaus2015

InshallahFirdaus2015 <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

There is a great book on this issue which is clear like the sky....writen by Shaykul islam ibn Taymiyyah
    as-Sarim al-Maslul ‘ala Shatim ar-RasulThe Drawn Sword against those who insult the Messenger. Written in response to an incident in which Ibn Taymiyyah heard a Christian insulting Muhammad. The book is well-known because he wrote it entirely by memory, while in jail, and quoting more than hundreds of references

Also as the sister mentioned listen to that lecture
    the Shaykh says the one who insults to prophet is a kafir and the one who doubts his kufer is a kafir (u can read this on the Shaykhs book)
    Imaan Malik said the one who says the Prophets (PBUH) botton is dirty is a kafir (u can find it on the lecture the sister posted)

The book has not been translated into english but i fink i found the urdu 1 wallahu alam
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  7. Le Croyant

Le Croyant New Member

Jazak'Allah khair for the links... does the Imam Anwar's lecture & Ibn Taymiyyahs book have references to sahih hadiths? These ppl want clear proof of these incidents frm sahih hadiths & will not not except anything else. This is imp as. they r causing lot of fitna whr i live by propagating Salman Taseer views.
  8. Wild Wild West

Wild Wild West لا تعتذر اليوم

@Le Croyant:

Sh Anwars talk is based upon Ibn Taymiyyahs' book.

I would say this though: The Salman Taseer case is very complex and so it has to be addressed with that in mind. Here are some issues:

* Taseer himself did not insult the prophet(s) and defends a woman who he says did not do so.
    * The pakistani blasphemy law depends upon a corrupt process of determining evidence
    * Does a person (i.e., Qadri, in this case) have the right to carry out what he thinks is the hukm shar'i as an individual (i.e., without a due legal process).
    * As a Barelwi, Qadri probably did more blasphemy than Taseer himself.

And many others...
  9. Le Croyant

Le Croyant New Member

I agree but these bunch are punishments for blasphemy is unislamic not just it's application and that the only acts one can be punished under shairah are murder, zina & theft.
  10. Wild Wild West

In that case the Sh Anwar lecture and the Ibn Taymiyyah book should suffice.
  11. Le Croyant

Le Croyant New Member

In that case I will use Ibn Taymiyyahs book as u mentioned Imam Anwars lecture is based on that. If I mention Imam Anwar then they will run a mile away frm me.

Jazak'Allah Khair for the help.
  12. Wild Wild West

Try to extract the principles and the historical precedents mentioned in the lecture and base your arguments upon that.
  13. al-suyuufi

al-suyuufi Naql-head

It seems to me that the incidents are specific and not general such that you and I can kill the shaatim al-rasool:
    -there were two incidents of people dying but they were specifically ordered by the Prophet.
    -the other incidents of husbands killing their wives, etc- can't be generalized because in these cases the killer had authority over the one who insulted. You and I however don't have authority over random people we see.
  14. Le Croyant

Le Croyant New Member

Yes, I understand that. I need these evidences to show that there are incidents of ppl who did insult the Prophet & were killed for it. These bunch of individuals say that Prophet never punished anyone for it & keep referring to mercy he showed to the ppl of Taif. I just need to show them the these other incidents r authentic too.
  15. Khawla*

At wild wild west

I say,and all momineen should take the action of mumtaz qadri as a person killing an 'enemy of Allaah and His Messenger(sal Allaah hu alayhe wasallam)' and should not talk of his wrong creed .And also make dua for his hidayah .And salman taseer killing was benefcial to end the fitna of apostasy .So we should take the median and not condemn the action of mumtaz qadri neither i am saying anywhere that we should over look his brelvism but we must make dua to Allaah Ta'ala ,for his hidayah ,Insha'Allaah
  16. al-suyuufi

al-suyuufi Naql-head

It's not like his aqeedah is deviant like, it's straight up barelwi shirk!
  17. Khawla*

Exactly,thats what i mean too ,he is a brelvi who are ,mushriks.But what he did this time is what Momineen kind of people do .So we should ask Allaah Ta'ala to give him hidayah and since the apostate salman taseer had to be killed ,so he did that .But again,in my most humble opinion, some peolpe have gone beyond than appreciating his good and not saying anything on his aqeedah,some have condmened him totally without seeing his act,Islamically.

So we should be careful and adopt the middle course.

Wa'Allaah hu Aalam .I could be highly wrong here too.
  18. al-suyuufi

al-suyuufi Naql-head

I see what you mean sis, but barelwis are a whole other religion...
    Do you feel the same when the kafir Khomeini made the fatwa against Salman Rushdie?
  19. Bismillah

The ruling on one who insults the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
    The scholars are unanimously agreed that a Muslim who insults the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) becomes a kaafir and an apostate who is to be executed. This consensus was narrated by more than one of the scholars, such as Imaam Ishaaq ibn Raahawayh, Ibn al-Mundhir, al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad, al-Khattaabi and others. Al-Saarim al-Maslool, 2/13-16

This ruling is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah.
    In the Qur’aan it says (interpretation of the meaning):
    “The hypocrites fear lest a Soorah (chapter of the Qur’aan) should be revealed about them, showing them what is in their hearts. Say: ‘(Go ahead and) mock! But certainly Allaah will bring to light all that you fear.’

If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?’

Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed”[al-Tawbah 9:64-66]
    This verse clearly states that mocking Allaah, His verses and His Messenger constitutes kufr, so that applies even more so to insulting. The verse also indicates that whoever belittles the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is also a kaafir, whether he was serious or joking.

With regard to the Sunnah, Abu Dawood (4362) narrated from ‘Ali that a Jewish woman used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him, so a man strangled her until she died, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled that no blood money was due in this case.
    This hadeeth is jayyid, and there is a corroborating report in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas which is below.
    This hadeeth clearly indicates that it was permissible to kill that woman because she used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Abu Dawood (4361) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that a blind man had a freed concubine (umm walad) who used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him. He told her not to do that but she did not stop, and he rebuked her but she did not heed him. One night, when she started to say bad things about the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and insult him, he took a short sword or dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it and killed her. The following morning that was mentioned to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He called the people together and said, “I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right over him that he should stand up.” The blind man stood up and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I am the one who did it; she used to insult you and say bad things about you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not give up her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was kind to me. Last night she began to insult you and say bad things about you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.” Thereupon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Bear witness, there is no blood money due for her.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 3655)

It seems that this woman was a kaafir, not a Muslim, for a Muslim could never do such an evil action. If she was a Muslim she would have become an apostate by this action, in which case it would not have been permissible for her master to keep her; in that case it would not have been good enough if he were to keep her and simply rebuke her.

Al-Nasaa’i narrated (4071) that Abu Barzah al-Aslami said: A man spoke harshly to Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq and I said, ‘Shall I kill him?’ He rebuked me and said, ‘That is not for anyone after the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) .’” (Saheeh al-Nasaa’i, 3795)

It may be noted from this that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had the right to kill whoever insulted him and spoke harshly to him, and that included both Muslims and kaafirs.

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: on the day of the conquest of Mecca: There are four persons whom I shall not give protection in the sacred and non-sacred territory. He then named them. There were two singing girls of al-Maqis; one of them was killed and the other escaped and embraced Islam. Sunnan Abu Dawud 14:2678
  20. InshallahFirdaus2015

InshallahFirdaus2015 <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Akhi the book by ibn taymiyyah is very clear and he did not mention that only some one with authority should defend the honor of the prophet
    The blind man who killed his wife did not have authority rather he was a blind man who loved the prophet. and also the jew who got killed while the prophet had a covenant with them this shows whether you are in a covenant with a person and he insults the prophet there is no sin upon rather Al-Firdaus shall greet i advise evryone to read this book because a little boy who is 7 can defend the honor of the prophet and execute the enemy of Allah and his Messenger............No Two Bulls shall butt heads about this matter