Saudi 11-year-old marries 10-year-old cousin

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Mustafa al-Muhaajir, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Saudi 11-year-old marries 10-year-old cousin: report

RIYADH (AFP) — An 11-year-old boy has married his 10-year-old cousin in the ultra-conservative Muslim kingdom of Saudi Arabia, a newspaper reported on Tuesday.

Mohammed al-Rashidi and his unidentified cousin will seal the marriage they contracted under the sharia laws of Islam and move in together after a ceremony to take place in the summer, Al-Shams newspaper said.

"I am ready for this marriage. It will help me study better," Mohammed, who goes to primary school in the northern province of Hail, was quoted as saying by Al-Shams.

"I invite all my classmates to do like me," the boy said, adding that he wanted to "crown a love story through marriage".

The schoolboy's father, Muraizak al-Rashidi, told the newspaper he was busy sending out invitations for a summer celebration to seal the marriage.

Dahim al-Jaber, the headmaster at Mohammed's school, said marriage at such a young age was "inappropriate" but wished the couple a happy life together.
  2. Abu Ma'mar

Abu Ma'mar New Member

MashaAllah, thats a nice story.

Justs shows that many people develop at different ages.
  3. Ahmad ibn Philip

Ahmad ibn Philip New Member

Yeah, ma'sha'allah, I'm happy to read something like this.
  4. Niqaabis

Niqaabis Sadiyah Bint as-Seenee

maa shaa Allaah

may Allaah bless their marriage aameen
  5. Sawtul Islam

Sawtul Islam <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Isn't the boy supposed to be at least 15 before he is allowed to marry?
  6. Abu Ma'mar

Abu Ma'mar New Member

Yes, maybe in your Sharee'a that you legislate every week, but in the Sharee'a of Allah any consenting male and female can get married at any time but they can only have intercourse when they reach puberty.
  7. Abu Treika

Abu Treika Magoo

masha'allah very good article
  8. Salahadeen

Salahadeen Ahl at-Tawheed

I believe that the girl has the option of nullifying the marriage once she attains the age of maturity, correct? And before she attains the age of puberty, the marriage remains mawqoof (suspended)? Not sure about it...just from what I remember...I may be wrong!
  9. cat-without-tail

cat-without-tail New Member

10. juwairiyah

juwairiyah Muslim Female

assalamu'alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

mashaallah beautiful !may Allah shower His blessings upon them and the two families,keep them steadfast upon deen and love them ameen ameen ameen

All praise be to Allah how cute and lovely !!!! Many srs are ready for marriage at the age of ten islamicallyl

may Allah protect them from evil eye ameen
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  11. Abu 'Abd Al-Rahman

Abu 'Abd Al-Rahman Formerly Abu Abdurrahman

Is the "evil eye" an Islamic concept?

Sorry for bringing up a dead topic but I just had to ask.
  12. Abu 3baydah

Abu 3baydah New Member

13. halogen_entj

halogen_entj thrs no mnhaj byn mnhjtyn

masha Allaah. indeed Allaah blesses with whatever He wills to whomever He wills at whatever age He wills

this is an ideal situation which i would have liked for myself.

it turns out to be, it is indeed a blessing of Allaah for this young couple, may Allaah guide them both to complete tawheed
  14. Hajjaj

Hajjaj Active Member

I the mean time what are the 11 years olds in America getting in to?

11-Year-Old Girl Gang-Raped By 18 Men In Texas

In a story that is horrifying both because of its content and the media coverage that has followed in its aftermath, 18 young men and teenage boys, some as young as middle-schoolers, were arrested in the town of Cleveland, Texas, for gang-raping an 11-year-old girl last November. The police learned about the assault last November, when one of the girl's elementary-school classmates told her teacher that she had seen a cellphone video of the attack...

11-Year-Old Girl Gang-Raped By 18 Men In Texas

Girl, 11, lured into park bathroom in Moreno Valley, Calif. and gang raped by 7 teens: cops

An 11-year-old girl was lured into a park restroom and raped by seven members of a Southern California gang, according to authorities...

Girl, 11, lured into park bathroom in Moreno Valley, Calif. and gang raped by 7 teens: cops - New York Daily News

Durham elementary teacher charged with sex with 11 year old

Ariel Allen, 28, was a fifth grade teacher at Oak Grove Elementary.

Durham Sheriff’s Department investigators say the victim was an 11-year-old student at the school.

The alleged incidents took place between March 1t and April 30.

They say the child told a parent and the parent called the sheriff.

Durham elementary teacher charged with sex with 11 year old « PRIVATE OFFICER NEWS NETWORK

California teacher accused of having sex with 11-year-old

A 32-year-old elementary school teacher is accused of starting a sexual relationship with a boy who was in her sixth grade class.

Police say now, four years later, the child has come forward with details of the relationship.

California teacher accused of having sex with 11-year-old | WCBD-TV 2
  15. 'Abd al-Kareem

'Abd al-Kareem Scaffolding

Jazaak Allahu khayran Hajjaj.

أَفَمَن يَمْشِي مُكِبًّا عَلَىٰ وَجْهِهِ أَهْدَىٰ أَمَّن يَمْشِي سَوِيًّا عَلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ
    [Surat al-Mulk 67:22] "Is then one who walks headlong, with his face grovelling, better guided― or one who walks evenly on a Straight Way?"
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  16. Hajjaj is so correct, but apart from rape and that sort i know of many girls in the caribbean who have consented to having babies at the age of 11, certainly in third world countries girls take on responsibilities from a younger age resulting in them being much more mature than majority of the girls in western countries who are still obsessed with watching cartoons and playing with barbies at the age.

the article was really beautiful to read, may Allah bless their family and perserve them, ameen
    may Allah guide all our families and shower upon us many barakah