Saudi woman gets 10 lashes for driving

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by TawhidZmaray, Sep 27, 2011.

1. TawhidZmaray

TawhidZmaray New Member

What is the Islamic view point on this?

[h=1]Saudi woman to be lashed for defying driving ban[/h]Saudi women will soon be allowed to vote but driving remains a banned activity
    A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a woman to 10 lashes for breaking the country's ban on female drivers.
    The woman, identified only as Shema, was found guilty of driving in Jeddah in July.
    Women2drive, which campaigns for women to be allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, says she has already lodged an appeal.
    In recent months, scores of women have driven vehicles in Saudi cities in an effort to put pressure on the monarchy to change the law.
    The sentence comes two days after the Saudi leader King Abdullah announced women would be allowed to vote for the first time in 2015.
    Two other women are due to appear in court later this year on similar charges, correspondents say.
    BBC News - Saudi woman to be lashed for defying driving ban

2. Pluma

Pluma <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Fiqh dûna fiqh in Saudi Arabia.
  3. C.i.B.

C.i.B. <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

4. Abu Osaama

Abu Osaama <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

If it's true then there is nothing wrong with the Imam ordering 10 lashes for a women who drives, if he feels driving will lead to other fitan.
  5. cBox

cBox Premium Member

Why did she drive, just to show she can break the rules?
  6. Ibn Nabih

Ibn Nabih w l a k f o n t â n

7. Ibn Hashi

Ibn Hashi New Member

^^ This thread is about the particular punishment this woman received, not your unwanted opinion on what Islamic law should be about.
  8. akhan71193

akhan71193 New Member

another starburn/happyman...
  9. Ibn Hashi

Ibn Hashi New Member

First of all what the kuffar say in their news articles on this issue is irrelevant, because they have an agenda against Islam in the first place. This whole issue of women driving is just a convenient vehicle to drive their modernist propaganda. Its never been about women driving. Its about 'freeing women', ie they want to see half naked kafirahs dancing down the streets of Muslim countries just like in their filthy countries. So we have to keep that into account.

And I have to say if this woman is going to break a law, she's going to get whats coming to her, plain and simple. Respect the laws of your country. If the ulama and the leadership of the country believes it has a valid reason for this ban, khalas. If you disagree with the law, talk with the government and the scholars and present your arguments and they will present theirs. If you don't like it, move somewhere else. You can't have people breaking the law every time they disagree with something.
  10. akhan71193

akhan71193 New Member

Starburn is another arrogant ignorant mushrik who comes on here with same attitude as you.
  11. islamiclife

islamiclife Proud Islamist

I smell a new troll, a pretty ugly one too raising the flag "saviour and freedom fighter of women's rights".

We are wrong? Please enlighten us about the freedom you speak of.
  12. Soul

Soul Banned

I really love the way Islam respects women and gives them their true rights.
  13. Black Turban

Black Turban New Member

It is well known the Saud have legislated a law prohibiting something which is permissible according to Islam.
    The Saud barn is full of donkeys. Which donkeys are you referring to exactly? What are their arguments to legislate new rules and punish people who break them? The matter is quite clear. The lack of honest scholarship is what leads to such bizarre laws.
  14. akhan71193

akhan71193 New Member

We don't respect opinions that aren't based on islamic text, sorry.
  15. Soul

Soul Banned

I don't like driving even though I have to
    and at night it gets scary so I lock my car doors
    just to make sure some crazy psycho doesn't kill me.
  16. Black Turban

Black Turban New Member

Lashing is permissible and to dislike it is not something that is taken into consideration. You must understand though Saudi Arabia is not an Islamic country. Please do not consider it as a representative of Islam. They are tainting and occupying it. They are invaders and will be kicked out eventually inshallah.
  17. 'Abd al-Kareem

'Abd al-Kareem Scaffolding

If the article is true, then she broke the law so obviously she gets the punishment. Did people think the government was bluffing?

Are they going to whip up a report every time someone breaks a law anywhere else in the world?

In that case, I expect an article every 2 - 4 minutes, since that's the rate at which people are sexually assaulted in America.

An article every ~22 minutes would also be useful, letting me know about the latest murder in the US.

And someone tell them to keep us informed of all the robberies and burglaries that take place in the Land of Freedumb...although I think they may need to hire tens of new employees just to keep up, considering the rate is more than 1 per minute.

...Meanwhile in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, people literally leave their cars unlocked, running, with the keys in, no passengers, and the window(s) down - while they merrily buy their groceries. This is a very regular occurrence. Not good in terms of pollution, of course, but it does tell you something.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  18. Black Turban

Black Turban New Member

Reality if you have any disagreements with Islam itself. Feel free to express yourself in a well mannered way. As it might be people have given you the wrong information. At times hypocrites who pretend to be Muslims spread misinformation about Islam. Also you are free to disagree and hate Saudi Arabia. As a Muslim I too hate them. And I pray for their collapse and the land is to be cleansed from their impurity.
  19. abu hadeed

abu hadeed <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

you know i absolutely hate those fat greasy Saudis, however that being said. I would still rather see them control the two holy mosques than your band of uncouth tyre heads with their 2 day old stubbles and badly fitting dinner jackets.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  20. Abul Hasan

Abul Hasan Aim High.

I was always under the impression that there was actually no law in Saudi Arabia that forbade woman from driving? Can someone please verify?