Scandal of 'summer brides'

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by wurood, Jul 15, 2012.

1. wurood

wurood ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Source

2. Muneer88

Muneer88 هنيئاً لك الشهادة

similar thing is now happening in Syria, men are going there under the pretext of "zawaj misyar" and marry young girls using the current situation of Ahlu Sunnah there, quite terrible. This I heard from an animal who is involved in this himself, may Allah swt guide him

Striving4Sunnah likes this.
  3. AnonyMousey

AnonyMousey Student of Life

Eurgh, how sickening.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past any Khaleejis.

abdul.muhsin likes this.
  4. abu hadeed

abu hadeed <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Salafi marriage bandits are the same everywhere

5. 'Abd al-Kareem

'Abd al-Kareem Scaffolding

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

...Fear Allah.

6. Ibn Ibrahim

Ibn Ibrahim New Member

This has nothing to do with the old salaf, please do not label it as such, as it certainly is not a practice of the salaf.
    To use the word in that manner is slander against the salaf.

7. abu hadeed

abu hadeed <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

You know who I am referring to

8. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

To be fair, those who do what is mentioned in the article are probably as salafi as Michael Jackson.

Aboo Shayba likes this.
  9. Abu Saalehah

Abu Saalehah Well-Known Member

hello!

its the 'independent' newspaper, king of the 'intelligentual' criticism and attacks against islam and in really just a bunch of better liars than the tabloids.

yes, a few men may do this, but even of those who go to egypt and have such marriages it is a means of finding a wife on the cheap due to the extortanate unislamic mahr demanded back home and met two brothers in kuwait who had gone egypt and found wives there.

its not uncommon, and 99% there is nothing sinister and shame on you all for taking the independent reports at face value, this is the same newspaper who employed johann hari who had to admit to making up stories, you are all falling for the same trick as those who value the opinion of the sun or daily mail.

10. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

You're right, Jazaak Allahu khayr for the reminder.

Scented Blood and 'Abd al-Kareem like this.
  11. AbuSulaiman

AbuSulaiman New Member

12. خالد

خالد New Member

Salaam Aleikum.

You sound like a racist. May Allah guide you.

13. Muscan

Muscan Active Member

This is a recent article on US special forces in Mali.

Mysterious fatal crash provides rare glimpse of U.S. commandos in Mali - The Washington Post

14. ish

ish ...

Isn't your husband khaleeji?

15. AnonyMousey

Correction: I wouldn't put it past *many* Khaleejis. I live here, my in-laws are Khaleeji (Kuwaiti), and unfortunately I've seen and heard a lot of what goes on - this is just the tip of the iceberg.

abdul.muhsin likes this.
  16. خالد

خالد New Member

I wouldn't put it past many human beings.

17. Umm DJ-N

Umm DJ-N Patience

Asalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

???
    I'd like to think only a minority would be attracted to this, its prostituition plain and simple..Coat it in a hundred layers, dress it up and formalise it, doesn't make it any less sickening.

May Allah protect the girls.

18. خالد

خالد New Member

Wa Aleikum Salaam.

According to our sister, not many (i.e. the minority) Khaleeji Arabs wouldn't be attracted to this. Hence the majority of Khaleeji Arabs would be attracted to this. Take it up with her, not me.

I find racism sickening too.

Amin.

ish likes this.
  19. Umm DJ-N

Umm DJ-N Patience

I was talking about "summer brides", I don't think the sister meant to be racist, she lives amongst khaleejis so is more informed about them than we are.

Still, most generalisations are wrong, we can't paint everyone with the same brush

Striving4Sunnah likes this.
  20. AnonyMousey

If I have racism in my heart, Allah knows, and may He forgive me and purify me of it.

However, I made my initial comment not out of racism, but recognition of what I believe is a fact. My husband spent many years in Egypt, and he told me how there are certain areas where male Khaleeji tourists will go for this specific purpose ("buying" local girls for hours/ days/ weeks). It's a well-known phenomenon, just as American or European men are known to go to Thailand and Cambodia for "sex tourism." Pointing out a fact about Khaleejis is not racism just because it happens to be negative.